TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does Anyone have any Build Date on there 2008 Shelby Gt500 yet

scs1

order dates and order priorities will effect the date,

our sister store ordered 2 weeks before me and their build date is 14 days before mine

personally, i think monday is a good day, much better than a friday car lol

Order dates have nothing to do with it, UNLESS your dealership happens to have allocation for that type of vehicle for that particular week.

A dealer can place the order today and the car could just sit in the order bank for MONTHS until that particular dealer's allocation for that type of vehicle comes up.

If the dealer has allocation that week the order will get pulled and scheduled. If not it will just sit there week after week, month after month, until their allocation is available.

Funny to hear guys who still worry about what day of the week a car is built.... you are showing your age... back when lines ran 5 days a week and one shift... now a days... they run 7 days and 2 to 3 shifts.... one mans Wednesday is another mans Friday and so on..... so there really is no Friday or Monday per say... so all cars are built equally well or bad... just like getting a car at all, just part of the draw! I do not care what day mine is built so long as it is built!

What I was referring to was, where on your order does it specify a build date? I have looked at the order but do not see a build date... anyone care to enlighten me?

Dealer should be able to provide you a Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement (DORA) that will show you all the particulars of your submitted order. In the first couple of lines of the report, it will show:

DORA PROCESSED date (date you placed the order)

ORDER RCPT DATE (date received by Ford)

SCHD (date the build is scheduled)

ASSEMBLY PLANT FLAT ROCK

VIN # (assigned VIN)

plus it details all the order codes for body style, options, color, etc.

those build dates are build weeks not dates. They are always listed as a Monday. It does not mean it will be built on Monday. Just sometime the week of that date.

Does anyone in here have a build date Or there Vin# yet on there order of there 2008 shelby Gt500 yet and if so When ? and how Long did it take to get the Build Date for your car ? Thanks

Here's some information I found interesting, and although is specific to only one Ford Region, may apply to all:

Allocation and Distribution

1 incremental unit for 2006 Presidents Award Winners

1 "certified coverage" unit for any dealer enrolled and certified in the Shelby GT500 Dealer Program

Remaining Production will be based on Mustang Share of Nation formula

"The Memphis Region will recieve 243 units for the 2008 Model Year. The monthly estimate is that we will schedule 25 to 35 units per month. The units allocated to the 2006 Presidents Award Winners will be scheduled in the first two weeks of the model year."

"For the remainder of the model year we will prioritize scheduling based upon 2006 Calander Year Mustang Sales with 75% of the monthly allocation going to the "certified coverage units" and the remaining 25% going toward the share of nation allocation."

Looks like some of us have a long time to wait.

Here's some information I found interesting, and although is specific to only one Ford Region, may apply to all:

Allocation and Distribution

1 incremental unit for 2006 Presidents Award Winners

1 "certified coverage" unit for any dealer enrolled and certified in the Shelby GT500 Dealer Program

Remaining Production will be based on Mustang Share of Nation formula

"The Memphis Region will recieve 243 units for the 2008 Model Year. The monthly estimate is that we will schedule 25 to 35 units per month. The units allocated to the 2006 Presidents Award Winners will be scheduled in the first two weeks of the model year."

"For the remainder of the model year we will prioritize scheduling based upon 2006 Calander Year Mustang Sales with 75% of the monthly allocation going to the "certified coverage units" and the remaining 25% going toward the share of nation allocation."

Looks like some of us have a long time to wait.

our sitster store is scheduled for the 16th, presidents award, mine is scheduled for the 30th, seems pretty accurate, as they got pres award, we barely missed this year, but we are blue oval certified

I can confirm that 2008's are being built. I was in the plant yesterday, and boy were they pretty with those new HID lights coming down the line.

This is my first post, though I've been on here for over a year or so, waiting patiently for my father's 2007 (now 2008) GT500. As luck would have it, I now work for AAI, so the waiting is now killing me! More to come...

I can confirm that 2008's are being built. I was in the plant yesterday, and boy were they pretty with those new HID lights coming down the line.

This is my first post, though I've been on here for over a year or so, waiting patiently for my father's 2007 (now 2008) GT500. As luck would have it, I now work for AAI, so the waiting is now killing me! More to come...

Hey, 67, WELCOME!!!

Stick around and let us know how the '08 production is going ;-) Can't wait to see the HIDs on the road -- probably much better than the widely sold aftermarket units with the hokey reflector servo and sucky light pattern.

Would love to see a night pic of the pattern vs traditional halogen -- hopefully they're around 4300*K -- not too blue.

Dan

I can confirm that 2008's are being built.

As luck would have it, I now work for AAI, so the waiting is now killing me!

My crystal ball tells me your PM box will soon be full with "where is my GT500 now" questions!

:hysterical2:

Seriously, thanks for "joining" and becoming a full-share inmate in the insane asylum! We welcome all who have the Shelby sickness.

:kuko:

I just called my dealer and no news yet!!! :banghead: . I have a feeling that I will be like last on the list. Here is what he told me"

- On material hold! (I know this means nothing and everything)

- Because I picked the new options (HID and Ambient) there is less than 15% build rate, thus holding things up.

- Because I picked the Shaker 1000, less than 15%, thus a hold up.

- Because I picked a VERT, only 30%, thus a hold up.

Compound that with a dealer who is only getting ONE allocation, mine... and it appears although a great deal at MSRP, the wait will be long!!

Oh well :rant:

I just called my dealer and no news yet!!! :banghead: . I have a feeling that I will be like last on the list. Here is what he told me"

- On material hold! (I know this means nothing and everything)

- Because I picked the new options (HID and Ambient) there is less than 15% build rate, thus holding things up.

- Because I picked the Shaker 1000, less than 15%, thus a hold up.

- Because I picked a VERT, only 30%, thus a hold up.

Compound that with a dealer who is only getting ONE allocation, mine... and it appears although a great deal at MSRP, the wait will be long!!

Oh well :rant:

Wow, I must be living right or something, my car has idential options. I was fortunate to get my order in 5/21. That is probably the only reason my car has a vin#. Keep the faith man it will happen soon. Long live the ebony vert club. :shift:

O well no luck today and i guest they don't work on the weekends so no Vin# or Build date yet we try all week with out Nada will try again next week. why is ford so slow at getting vin#and build dates going on a month now and still Nada what can i say . i am his first 2008 shelby Gt500 boy o boy i am glade i am not his 3 or 4 . later

i8yevpr - thanks.... I am hoping but as stated this is a small dealer. I figure I got the deal I can wait, and i will. And thanks for letting ME join YOUR vert club as you ordered before I did....!! It is going to be a great looking car, and since you will get yours before me, you will have to send me pictures..... oh and by the way, this is the faster color combo!!! :happy feet:

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone in here have a build date Or there Vin# yet on there order of there 2008 shelby Gt500 yet and if so When ? and how Long did it take to get the Build Date for your car ? Thanks

I placed the order on 6/15/07, received a VIN on July 13, and a build date of July 30th!! I was informed the car was bucked 8/13, delivered 8/22 and finally picked up 8/25!!! My car is a vapor/ebony vert w/ HID, ambient lighting, shaker 1000 and black/crimson interior.

I have a VIN and a build week of 7/30.

I have a VIN--car has been release from Plant and expect it here at dealership within a couple of weeks, maybe 10 days.

I also have one more 2008 that is not spoken for at this dealership

Bud Murray

bud@fishervincentford.com

Central Texas

Hello Dans500

Well it came i got a email today and it said

JUST GOT MY MORNING REPORTS. WE HAVE A VIN # AND A BUILD DATE. VIN # 1ZVHT88Sxxxxxxxxx. SCHEDULE DATE 08/13

Still nothing here. I sent my dealer an email today stating it has been 6 weeks, and nothing, no news. I requested that if and when I do get a date, that if it is between Oct 07 and March 08, then I want a drop ship to a dealer close to me. My order today is with a dealer 200+ miles north, and being in MI our winters are long enough. I am not sure how it went over as he has not responded so I hope I did not piss him off.

Hey Dans500

i got my car drop shiped here in west palm beach fl i got it la. about 930 miles away and it was NADA for My dealer it on my DORA at the end ship to AL Packer Ford west Palm i hope you see your sooner because it get cold up there in winter here is the best like nite at 65 and day at 78 all winter so it fun time here lot of car show all winter here ok i hope you well

Thanks scs1

• 2 weeks later...

Archived