TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Raptor or SS

ShelbyCorvette

Raptor or SS  

19 members have voted

1. 1. which one should I get?

• Shelby Raptor upgrade
    • Super Snake converison

I would like some input about which I should get. I have a 2013 Raptor SuperCrew that I am looking to upgrade to a Shelby Raptor but then I saw the new Super Snake can be converted from a Mustang GT or GT500 so I could trade in my Raptor and get the conversion to a SS. I know they are not comparable vehicle wise but I can only afford one Shelby. Thanks for the help.

Edited by ShelbyCorvette

I would like some input about which I should get. I have a 2013 Raptor SuperCrew that I am looking to upgrade to a Shelby Raptor but then I saw the new Super Snake can be converted from a Mustang GT or GT500 so I could trade in my Raptor and get the conversion to a SS. I know they are not comparable vehicle wise but I can only afford one Shelby. Thanks for the help.

you don't need to do a Shelby Raptor to get more power from it can be easily done by adding a Whipple or Ford Racing blower unless you want to use it off road more but if not then SS.

I would not sell the Raptor too much fun

No contest, SS all the way!!! I don't get the Shelby Raptor, its not my thing. What's the point of a fast lifted truck? Maybe those that go to the dessert or something??? It's still not close to as fast as cars on the road for even half the price. And if I'm towing I'm buying an HD Diesel all day long.

Just my opinion

No contest, SS all the way!!! I don't get the Shelby Raptor, its not my thing. What's the point of a fast lifted truck? Maybe those that go to the dessert or something??? It's still not close to as fast as cars on the road for even half the price. And if I'm towing I'm buying an HD Diesel all day long.

Just my opinion

Thank-you for your input. The point of a Raptor is to do Recon at very fast speeds before the trophy trucks start a desert race or win 2 Baja's in a row like the Raptor did.

Thank-you for your input. The point of a Raptor is to do Recon at very fast speeds before the trophy trucks start a desert race or win 2 Baja's in a row like the Raptor did.

That sounds like fun, we don't have any of that as far as I know in New England. In that case I might do the Raptor. Do you drag race? If so then it is a toss up. I can tell you I do not and I rarely ever utilize the power I have and my car isn't nearly as powerful as a SS. They do look sick though!!

I'm personally not a fan of SAI creating a SS and SGT off of the 2015+ mustang gt. However I've heard SAI is releasing some more "Shelby conversions" at Barrett Jackson. If I was you I would wait for their press release prior to making their a purchase.

• 3 weeks later...

That's a really interesting question. It really depends on what you use your Raptor for and what you use your GT500 for. I've looked at the SAI offering for the Raptor and considering that I do little to no towing with mine, do zero rock crawling, and really don't bomb down the NV desert at 100+ mph when I'm going camping/fishing I didn't see the need to upgrade. Ford SVT honestly did a really good job balancing that truck for street and offroad. However, if you're towing a lot (a post above referenced that) or if you want a different suspension setup then you might consider an upgrade, though targeted upgrades are probably cheaper. As a note, I've read on other threads that the SVT interior is just as good, if not better, than the SAI interior the conversion comes with. Haven't never sat in a Shelby Raptor I have no opinion on that.

Although time will ultimately tell on value, I see currently that GT500 SS are holding their value way better than Raptors and non SS GT500s. Plus, the extra upgrades for the SS are more in tune with the overall car's street/strip/track balance than the Raptor upgrade. For example, better cornering doesn't hurt on the street. Neither does better brakes. However, extra suspension travel and 'prerunner' bumpers for better approach angles do nothing for the street. Well, in my opinion, anyway.

Which ever way you go please post pics!!! Good luck in deciding! :)