TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MCA 40th Anniversary at the Brickyard

svttim

Yea me too and haven't been to one since the Disney event. Who knew 2 other car shows were going on in the hotel parking lot at the same time which was another error. MCA would have been better off having it in the hotel parking lot because at the track was a bad decision. Don't get me started on the judging either or the lack of it. At the time of this event they had no idea about the different Shelby's and put them all in the same class and how fair is it to someone with a plain GT500 to have to be compared to a Super Snake which is very modified. MCA has their 'clicks' in every location as everyone from the Host Club all won Gold even if their car was average or tacky. Not sure who owned this one GT500 but putting tacky decals on your car is something good ol' boys do on their pickup trucks and I mean it looked tacky and yet it wins Gold. The part time MCA attendee's all got shafted! Some of these people are retired so they have all the time to drive to every show and get rewarded for it even if they don't have the best cars. If they want more people to show up either ban the host club members from having their cars judged or no judges can be from host cub to prevent that favoritism crap to stop. I've been in the MCA longer than many of the members and trust me I seen this happen at every show by the host club and anyone who attended the Disney show you seen just how bad it really was. Best thing about the Good Guys Show and the Corvette Nationals is this stuff never happens.

This event should be good because its not a judged show

I didn't go to this event or the 50th, but I wanted to. I find it odd there was judging as your described, since the classes are on a standard and the cars do not compete against each other. The only exception is if the car is 2 years old or less. Otherwise, if the car meets the minimum criteria in points, it gets an award. Every car in a particular class can win gold.

I am an MCA Regional Director. All I can say from all of the negative comments is come be part of the solution. And, if the MCA didn't exist, the hobby as we know it would be very different. How many organized Corvette or Camaro conventions do you see?

Tom

I didn't go to this event or the 50th, but I wanted to. I find it odd there was judging as your described, since the classes are on a standard and the cars do not compete against each other. The only exception is if the car is 2 years old or less. Otherwise, if the car meets the minimum criteria in points, it gets an award. Every car in a particular class can win gold.

I am an MCA Regional Director. All I can say from all of the negative comments is come be part of the solution. And, if the MCA didn't exist, the hobby as we know it would be very different. How many organized Corvette or Camaro conventions do you see?

Tom

Only so many cars can win an award and if you don't think favoritism has been going on you haven't been doing this long enough.

I would come be part of the solution if I could but current unforeseen circumstance won't allow that to happen. Until the MCA do what I suggest and do not allow any host club of the MCA National to judge any classes then this will continue. Have you noticed in the past few years the amount of cars at each show has gotten smaller.

How come more MCA members didn't attend the MCA 40th in Indy? The 35th in Birmingham had 10x more show cars and triple the people who were racing, why?

It was a great event. The best the MCA has ever done in my opinion and very well organized. It was a chance to run THE track. How often can you do that.

This is a photo of my son and I crossing the bricks.

post-17244-0-49092200-1473255870_thumb.jpg

Edited by dh777

It was a great event. The best the MCA has ever done in my opinion and very well organized. It was a chance to run THE track. How often can you do that.

This is a photo of my son and I crossing the bricks.

I live just east of Indy, so this was home to me. As you said, it's THE track. And it's tough getting a chance to drive on it. This was the 3rd time I've driven on it, but 1st that I got to get up to highway speed.

Only so many cars can win an award and if you don't think favoritism has been going on you haven't been doing this long enough.

I would come be part of the solution if I could but current unforeseen circumstance won't allow that to happen. Until the MCA do what I suggest and do not allow any host club of the MCA National to judge any classes then this will continue. Have you noticed in the past few years the amount of cars at each show has gotten smaller.

How come more MCA members didn't attend the MCA 40th in Indy? The 35th in Birmingham had 10x more show cars and triple the people who were racing, why?

ok SO<I am very confused by your post. I am a National director for MCA. Cars at Judged shows, IE national shows are not judged against each other. They are judged against a Criteria. The anniversary shows do not have judging. The amount of judged cars are getting smaller but, every national show has been sold out. People have gone away from showing and moved towards driving, whether that be track time, cruises ect. National judges are certified and flown into national shows to judge. I would certainly like to understand your post.

And track time. just a tick under 155 MPH

Edited by svttim

No judging at this event. It was made clear early on that it was an event, & not a show. I was a little surprised at the turnout. I was told over 1000 cars registered, & it didn't look like anywhere near that to me.

https://youtu.be/E3LqvHoxV6U

I thought the local club and the track crew were the definition of welcoming and professional. I talked with just a few MCA folks, including the pres, and we had some great conversations about how well everything was laid out and organized. Of course the track was what really lured me into making the drive to Indy, and more than worth the time and costs.

the Great news is SAAC is having their 2017 Convention at INDY so I will be able to race the car there having missed this due to back injury. When T. Romo says he could play QB week 1 if he had to I say B.S. on that. I had a vertebrae compression fracture about 2 weeks before he got hit and unless the team doctor is loading him up with morphine where he can't physically feel his back, one bad hit and he's done for year. When it comes to anything attached to the spinal-cord nothing is important and I realized I wasn't racing a week before the event.

So, anyone who missed it 2017 got another chance and downtown Indianapolis is quite nice

• 3 months later...