TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MCA 40th Anniversary at the Brickyard

svttim

MCA is holding its 40th Anniversay at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Labor Day 2016. Team Shelby Great lakes will be there in force and looks like we may have an extra addition to the event. Yes, there is track time available. Sign up at www.Mustang.org and join us. We hope to announce details of the special addition by the second week of February. Follow this thread for details

Based on my experience with MCA's 50th Anniv of Mustang in Vegas, I would not walk across the street for another MCA event.

The Vegas event did go badly. There was a post mortem and I believe all the fixes are in place. The 40th will be different, I understand your sentiment though. Sorry you will miss this. Should be fantastic

Based on my experience with MCA's 50th Anniv of Mustang in Vegas, I would not walk across the street for another MCA event.

This will be better. We have a great team in place and a new executive board in charge.

Been a MCA member since 2014.

I didn't attend the Vegas or East Coast 50th Mustang event but have read both were fraught with problems.

I attended the MCA Springfield, IL National Show in May '14 and the Grand National Show in Columbus, OH in Sept '15.

Both events were outstanding.

Already paid my money for the Indianapolis MCA 40th Anniversary Event and will be surprised if it isn't a great time.

The only post mortem that i saw from MCA was to tell everyone to stop complaining as the show was 100% run by volunteers and it was what it was. I would love to have some public response from MCA acknowledging that the vegas event was a complete cluster and what steps were taken to ensure that things would be better in the future. That may give others some confidence to participate in future events. I just got my MCA renewal notice for annual dues in the mail last week and tossed it in the trash. I am not new to the hobby, i have been in the hobby since 1980 and have never been so disappointed in an event as i was in 50th vegas event.

Charlotte 50th, in my opinion, was a good event.

I despise MCA, to me its not worth the membership, but as they say, you get what you put in...

I am not a fan of MCA events, but the shows are ALL done with volunteers who DO WORK HARD!!! I was involved with the Grand National Show in Disney a few years ago. Yes, there was some issues and OUR HEAT was a problem for most folks. Our Chairperson was a complete IDIOT and did not run a tight ship. All events depend on the people setting it up.

On that note, I hope you have a great event!!!!

The Charlotte 50th event was good (that is once you got past the registration/checkin debacle!).

While I've been disappointed with any "judged" MCA shows since the S197's came out, the "non" judged shows are more of an event and therefore I find much more enjoyable.

If MCA would resolve the Specialty class issues, it might be different.

The only post mortem that i saw from MCA was to tell everyone to stop complaining as the show was 100% run by volunteers and it was what it was. I would love to have some public response from MCA acknowledging that the vegas event was a complete cluster and what steps were taken to ensure that things would be better in the future. That may give others some confidence to participate in future events. I just got my MCA renewal notice for annual dues in the mail last week and tossed it in the trash. I am not new to the hobby, i have been in the hobby since 1980 and have never been so disappointed in an event as i was in 50th vegas event.

I am an MCA national director. I know the steps taken to resolve the issues. I know the embarrassment we felt at what happened in Vegas. Yes, there was some of the "we are just volunteers" answers out there. But that was early on and, in my eyes, a bit defensive. And, there was a lot of yelling at volunteers who truly had no part in the planning

Here are some of what was looked at

Having two events in two places so far away stretched us thin.

Reopening registration so late was a huge mistake. This caused issues with registration and with the goods everyone was supposed to receive

I was not a part of the planning in ether venue, I was a big part of responding to the complaints and trying to make good on promises. You have a right to your opinion and there is good reason for your complaints. However, I'm not here to recruit people for MCA. I'm here to put together a good time for Team Shelby members

We quickly set up an email address to get everyone the goods they were promised.

I got sick from eating once so I'll never eat again! :hysterical:

I'll be at Indy this year, just like I was at Disney, Charlotte and Cleveland and I'll drive my car from San Antonio, Texas just like I did for the others. I don't go to these events to support MCA but rather to spend time with my friends. No matter how bad an event is, seeing and spending time with my Mustang family make even the worst event better than being at home. Life is all about perspective. :thumbsup:

I got sick from eating once so I'll never eat again! :hysterical:

I'll be at Indy this year, just like I was at Disney, Charlotte and Cleveland and I'll drive my car from San Antonio, Texas just like I did for the others. I don't go to these events to support MCA but rather to spend time with my friends. No matter how bad an event is, seeing and spending time with my Mustang family make even the worst event better than being at home. Life is all about perspective. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

MCA member here that has been a member for a long time. I went the the 20th Anniv. Show in Atlanta. It was more fun driving there and back then I remember about the show. I took my '93 Cobra.

This show is soooo close to home, it will be hard to stay away. The cost is the only thing I've noticed that suxs so far about the 40th Show.

I am an MCA national director. I know the steps taken to resolve the issues. I know the embarrassment we felt at what happened in Vegas. Yes, there was some of the "we are just volunteers" answers out there. But that was early on and, in my eyes, a bit defensive. And, there was a lot of yelling at volunteers who truly had no part in the planning

Here are some of what was looked at

Having two events in two places so far away stretched us thin.

Reopening registration so late was a huge mistake. This caused issues with registration and with the goods everyone was supposed to receive

I was not a part of the planning in ether venue, I was a big part of responding to the complaints and trying to make good on promises. You have a right to your opinion and there is good reason for your complaints. However, I'm not here to recruit people for MCA. I'm here to put together a good time for Team Shelby members

We quickly set up an email address to get everyone the goods they were promised.

I always look forward to TS events!!

MCA member here that has been a member for a long time. I went the the 20th Anniv. Show in Atlanta. It was more fun driving there and back then I remember about the show. I took my '93 Cobra.

This show is soooo close to home, it will be hard to stay away. The cost is the only thing I've noticed that suxs so far about the 40th Show.

Indianapolis is expensive

• 2 weeks later...

For those that are attending the MCA 40th I am the M.O.R.E. Team Shelby group coordinator.

Please send me your name, address, phone#, email address, club/group name and number of cars per participant.

Send this info to teamshelby.il@hotmail.com

Remember you MUST be registered to use the M.O.R.E. program. For those that are not familiar with the M.O.R.E. program it's a parking area for our group and there is no additional cost when you register.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

For those that are attending the MCA 40th I am the M.O.R.E. Team Shelby group coordinator.

Please send me your name, address, phone#, email address, club/group name and number of cars per participant.

Send this info to teamshelby.il@hotmail.com

Remember you MUST be registered to use the M.O.R.E. program. For those that are not familiar with the M.O.R.E. program it's a parking area for our group and there is no additional cost when you register.

Doing it again! Very cool.

I attended the MCA Disney event and also pretty much decided never to do one of those again. But a chance to do one at IMS is just too good to pass up! So, MCA, here is your chance to change a bunch of people's minds. Show us what you can do right!

I attended the MCA Disney event and also pretty much decided never to do one of those again. But a chance to do one at IMS is just too good to pass up! So, MCA, here is your chance to change a bunch of people's minds. Show us what you can do right!

Yea me too and haven't been to one since the Disney event. Who knew 2 other car shows were going on in the hotel parking lot at the same time which was another error. MCA would have been better off having it in the hotel parking lot because at the track was a bad decision. Don't get me started on the judging either or the lack of it. At the time of this event they had no idea about the different Shelby's and put them all in the same class and how fair is it to someone with a plain GT500 to have to be compared to a Super Snake which is very modified. MCA has their 'clicks' in every location as everyone from the Host Club all won Gold even if their car was average or tacky. Not sure who owned this one GT500 but putting tacky decals on your car is something good ol' boys do on their pickup trucks and I mean it looked tacky and yet it wins Gold. The part time MCA attendee's all got shafted! Some of these people are retired so they have all the time to drive to every show and get rewarded for it even if they don't have the best cars. If they want more people to show up either ban the host club members from having their cars judged or no judges can be from host cub to prevent that favoritism crap to stop. I've been in the MCA longer than many of the members and trust me I seen this happen at every show by the host club and anyone who attended the Disney show you seen just how bad it really was. Best thing about the Good Guys Show and the Corvette Nationals is this stuff never happens.

This event should be good because its not a judged show

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the event was very nicely organized, & I had a fantastic time. I got to meet Carroll Shelby's grandsons & got a pic with them & my car. I attended the unveiling of the new Shelby GTE, & got to take laps around IMS. I haven't been to any other MCA events, but I can definitely say that they nailed this one.

post-38698-0-79665500-1473213530_thumb.jpg

post-38698-0-49098300-1473213712_thumb.jpg

post-38698-0-25453100-1473213728_thumb.jpg