TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Fever Cruisin' the Mountains

stngfever

I am so envious of you all! :blush: …chance for a prime-time adventure? :dreamy::worship: Nevertheless, I will eagerly wait to read the tales from the road and look at the pictures! :camera::drool::clapping:

Be safe and have fun! :thumbsup:

Why wait and watch for updates and pics, come join us, you'll have FUN :shift:

I'm out. Really disappointed, lost my co-pilot. Maybe next year.

Bummed you can't make it, don't let lack of co-pilot stop you as many of us typically go solo!

Scott, the good news... I have the time off and I booked my rooms for all three days.

Now the not so good news, I'm still tentive. I've been dealing with major lower back issue since last November when I had to make several trips to MI when my dad passed.

I've had a procedure done, now I'm going to PT 2-3 times a week. I'm not sure how I'll hold up sitting in a car that long. I'm definitely getting better each week. Just need to see how I'm doing that Friday.

Why wait and watch for updates and pics, come join us, you'll have FUN :shift:

Bummed you can't make it, don't let lack of co-pilot stop you as many of us typically go solo!

Thanks for the offer! Perhaps I will join the group on the next opportunity. :bliss: For now, I have to remain in the local area and do the deed as a designated full-time caregiver. :gaah: I shall follow the postings and enjoy by proxy! :sneaking: Again …thanks! :mademyday:

Be well

Scott, the good news... I have the time off and I booked my rooms for all three days.

Now the not so good news, I'm still tentive. I've been dealing with major lower back issue since last November when I had to make several trips to MI when my dad passed.

I've had a procedure done, now I'm going to PT 2-3 times a week. I'm not sure how I'll hold up sitting in a car that long. I'm definitely getting better each week. Just need to see how I'm doing that Friday.

Hope you get better soon!

Well as everyone knows I have been quiet in the post, (not like me eh Jim)!

After this weekends encounter, I have finally decided to post that I will not be able to attend this year. I have made it every year but without going into detail this year is not going to work for me. :rant2::swear::gaah:

Nothing will change, however if it does you all will be the first to know, and I sure hope it changes for many reasons. I think Scott has designed a great itinerary so follow the leader and have fun and be safe.

If we don't hook up yet this year I will see everyone next spring in the mountains.

Cliff

Come on Jim, you know you want to go!

George, Don typically waits til last minute for his rooms, therefore, don't rule out a 2 car group out of Florida (assuming Jim's not pulling our legs)

Cliff, while we're gonna miss you on this years fun, based on your situation I'm glad that's the decision YOU made as you need to HEAL my friend!

Looking like I'll be the Lone Northerner this year.

27 days and counting!

Edited by stngfever

Rooms Booked. :)

George, after our conversation I checked the milage taking 75 or 95 and for Frank and I there really isn't much difference to Boone. For you its about 30 miles longer coming up 75. Also Frank will be in Atlanta Friday night and could meet up with us Saturday morning just east of Atlanta on 441. Problem with that is Frank will be waiting on us because we have a 4 hour drive up if we meet in Valdosta. We might have to catch up with him if he he decides not to wait on us.

Edited by gt67

OP updated we now have:

Attending:

Scott, stngfever (Rooms Booked)

Frank, Rarecat (Rooms Booked)

Don, gt67 (Rooms Booked)

George, GT500_2007

Carl, 08SGT1234 (Rooms Booked, however, tentative)

Jim, 07GT500CONV (Likely to just show up)

Sam, 2007_Shelby_GT Possible

Blake, ViperNC Possible

sheppd01, Possible 2nd Day

Anyone hear from Sam?

I'm still tentative! Really would love to go, but finances and time-off are thin! Racing at Sebring and Amelia really took a toll on my wallet, not to mention the boss and I are booked to go to LeMans in June!

I'll say NO, but don't count me out till the end!

Sam

Sam, just saying maybe someone might volunteer to share a room with ya which might help out a little. I can't make the offer because of Jenny. We all definitely want your company. Word going around is that Jim is pulling our leg and will make the run. So all we have to do is find Daphne a co-pilot and get David to call in sick for that company meeting. But Daphne, even if you don't have a co-pilot, Jean and Jenny are going so you won't be totally outnumbered.

Sam, just saying maybe someone might volunteer to share a room with ya which might help out a little. I can't make the offer because of Jenny. We all definitely want your company. Word going around is that Jim is pulling our leg and will make the run. So all we have to do is find Daphne a co-pilot and get David to call in sick for that company meeting. But Daphne, even if you don't have a co-pilot, Jean and Jenny are going so you won't be totally outnumbered.

Jim is not pulling any legs.

I AM NOT ABLE TO GO THIS YEAR!!

I'm still tentative! Really would love to go, but finances and time-off are thin! Racing at Sebring and Amelia really took a toll on my wallet, not to mention the boss and I are booked to go to LeMans in June!

I'll say NO, but don't count me out till the end!

Sam

Sure hope you can make it!