TEAM SHELBY FORUM

100 2008 Shelby GT500KRs for Canada

At Tulsa today (16 June) Ford said that 100 GT500KRs would be available for the Canadian market. There were no other specifics offered.

So :banana piano: to our neighbors in the North ;)

Kaylan has a deposit on one up there. Does he know about this. If not, a PM is in order!

At Tulsa today (16 June) Ford said that 100 GT500KRs would be available for the Canadian market. There were no other specifics offered.

So :banana piano: to our neighbors in the North ;)

Hello Kaylan.

:banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano:

100 -- :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Hello HUGE SVT fee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't even imagine what that will be, going canadian SVT fee is around $ 7- 10,000 on Gt500's. Wonder if the general public will even get the chance to get one, at approx 3 per SVT dealer, the owners, sons, and best friends will scoop them all up and few if any available to Joe Blows............

My guess, $80,000- $100,000 easy..............plus our beautiful 2 taxes

Wonder if the general public will even get the chance to get one, at approx 3 per SVT dealer, the owners, sons, and best friends will scoop them all up and few if any available to Joe Blows............

My guess, $80,000- $100,000 easy..............plus our beautiful 2 taxes

Unless a person has a documented email dated October 16th with a cashed deposit cheque as the number 1 KR purchaser. ;)

As for the money end of it.... I can't say but here's hoping I can get premium money for my current car.

Unless a person has a documented email dated October 16th with a cashed deposit cheque as the number 1 KR purchaser. ;)

As for the money end of it.... I can't say but here's hoping I can get premium money for my current car.

I have a Hunch that Kaylan will land himself a KR.

If I remember correctly; on your Birthday you put the deposit down to save your spot on a list.

Smart man!

I have a Hunch that Kaylan will land himself a KR.

If I remember correctly; on your Birthday you put the deposit down to save your spot on a list.

Smart man!

That is correct sir. Dropped the cheque off on my 40th B-Day which was also the day of the unveiling.

That is correct sir. Dropped the cheque off on my 40th B-Day which was also the day of the unveiling.

Have you spoke with the dealer after hearing this great news? What's he saying ?

Make that 3 taxes! Now that the federal budget has passed, the new gas guzzler tax kicks in. Could be $4000 on the KR. Sheesh! Where does it end?

JR

.............actually another one too............we forgot the scam air tax we've been paying for years..............oh, and that gets taxed too as it falls abouve the sales taxes on the sales form. So tax on top of tax. What a country!!!

• 2 months later...

My dealer here on Canada's west coast is getting 3 KR's. They believe the Canadian MSRP will be close to $80,000. The dealership owner is taking one car and other two are already sold at $110,000.00 Cdn. each. Based on what we're hearing about possible U.S. asking prices, this seems low.....but still ridiculous. With the taxes in our country and province, these will be close to $130,000 each in the buyers driveway.

JR

My dealer here on Canada's west coast is getting 3 KR's. They believe the Canadian MSRP will be close to $80,000. The dealership owner is taking one car and other two are already sold at $110,000.00 Cdn. each. Based on what we're hearing about possible U.S. asking prices, this seems low.....but still ridiculous. With the taxes in our country and province, these will be close to $130,000 each in the buyers driveway.

JR

Did your SVT dealership get written confirmation from Ford that they are definitely being allocated three 2008 GT500KRs?

I'm number 2 at two Ontario SVT dealerships and number 3 at another for a GT500KR. :victory:

I've got a 2007 GT500 Torch Red vert to trade. :headspin:

Did your SVT dealership get written confirmation from Ford that they are definitely being allocated three 2008 GT500KRs?

I'm number 2 at two Ontario SVT dealerships and number 3 at another for a GT500KR. :victory:

I've got a 2007 GT500 Torch Red vert to trade. :headspin:

Termin8r, I don't know if they have written confirmation or not. If there are still 27 SVT dealers in Canada, they could each get 3, leaving 19 up for grabs based on 100 coming to Canada. This dealership also has a waiting list for any additional KR's they might get.

JR

Termin8r, I don't know if they have written confirmation or not. If there are still 27 SVT dealers in Canada, they could each get 3, leaving 19 up for grabs based on 100 coming to Canada. This dealership also has a waiting list for any additional KR's they might get.

JR

Thanks for the reply, JR.

I checked with my dealership people today and I was advised that they have heard nothing definitive as yet from Ford about allocation of the 2008 GT500KRs in Canada.

I agree with your calculations but I've learned "never to count your chickens until they've hatched!"

But it is always good to be optimistic! :)

I've posted this link on the Canada Forum as well. It takes you to the Canadian Gov't site showing the various vehicles and the taxes that will be levied based on their gas mileage.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/whatsnew/items/list_veh-e.pdf

JR

Wow, so the GT500 misses the mark not to get dinged with this tax by .016L/100km!!!

Wow, so the GT500 misses the mark not to get dinged with this tax by .016L/100km!!!

The Canadian gas guzzler tax levy on the GT500's after March, 2007 is $1000 per car. My dealer says they haven't heard about any changes for 2008. Apparently, the tax will be on the sticker from the factory. I wonder if they'll show the KR's as another 5.4 litre classification? If not, they may also get away with just a $1000.

JR

Archived