TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500-KR aftermarket hood is out

Grabber

I got my Moss Motors flyer in the mail today and lone behold....the KR hood is for sale allready. $679.95 and it's yours.

She’ll look as good as she runs with a GT500-KR style hood. This hood features functional ram-air, when the optional intake is purchased, adding extra power to your pony. High strength fiberglass composite construction and steel reinforcement for added durability. Features full underside panel for complete, finished look. No raw edges or loose fiberglass to detract from appearance. Finished in gelcoat for easy prep and paint. Easily installs to factory hood hinges with no modifications required. Hood supplied with chrome mesh scoop inserts. Supplied complete with instructions and installation kit

http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/ViewProduc...amp;SortOrder=1

I got my Moss Moters flyer in the mail today and lone behold....the KR hood is for sale allready. $679.95 and it's yours.

She’ll look as good as she runs with a GT500-KR style hood. This hood features functional ram-air, when the optional intake is purchased, adding extra power to your pony. High strength fiberglass composite construction and steel reinforcement for added durability. Features full underside panel for complete, finished look. No raw edges or loose fiberglass to detract from appearance. Finished in gelcoat for easy prep and paint. Easily installs to factory hood hinges with no modifications required. Hood supplied with chrome mesh scoop inserts. Supplied complete with instructions and installation kit

Sorry Rob. It looks similar but not close enough to the real deal for me to bite.

we want the link ..... we want the link ..... we want the link ..... we want the link :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Greetings,

If you are looking for a KR hood you might try Cervinis they have several, functional but again all for GT bodies and Im not sure on the interchangability. Does anyone know for sure? Please chime in!

These guys The Race Car Factory have a 67 style and 68 style. The 68 style is not quite like the KR, but similar.

I have held off on these as I hope to get a new hood from Shelby if they ever offer one ala cart. I love the SS hood, even more than the KR, but I dont know about 27k...I still got to work for a living. I also havent ruled it out. :happy feet: .

KC666

I got my Moss Motors flyer in the mail today and lone behold....the KR hood is for sale allready. $679.95 and it's yours.

There's too much gap between the two air intakes. Kind of like the gap in this photo.

HSURB

post-6100-1182124002_thumb.jpg

post-6100-1182124002_thumb.jpg

The hood would have to be GT500 specific if going on a GT500. The grill and upper bumper on the GT500 are different so the standard Mustang hood does not fit right. I have seen these guys put the GT500 front bumper on their GT's and the hood needs a lot of tweaking to make look close.

Wow...You know some stuff... :happy feet:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Grab,

It is my understanding that this hood will only fit on the Ford Mustang GT. Go to www.trufiber.com to see the real deal being produced for our Shelby GT-500's.

Rip

That hood is fugly, but yest the hood does seem to be out. Check out Cervinis website, I saw the hood in a magazine and I remember hearing that Cervinis was the manufacturer for the hood and it looks like it as well. Sorry no link but Ill try and find it!

Cervini's has a very good replica out. It too, will not work on the GT500 though. I have called cervini's and gone to their online forum and put in a parts request for the same hood made for a GT500, but I don't know if they have plans to build it or not.

Grab,

It is my understanding that this hood will only fit on the Ford Mustang GT. Go to www.trufiber.com to see the real deal being produced for our Shelby GT-500's.

Rip

Rip,

ARE YOU BLIND?

This hood at TrueFaker.com is different in so many ways that it's not even funny.

1. This “TrueFaker” hood has those HUGE vents molded into it as a one piece constructed hood. The Real Super Snake Does Not! The True Super Snake Hood has smaller Aluminum vents with fins that are riveted in.

2. This “TrueFaker” hood has a small centerline hump going down the center of the hood. The Real Super Snake Does Not! The True Super Snake Hood is flat on top.

3. This “TrueFaker” hood brings the sides & center point of the hood scoops almost to the front leading edge of the hood. The Real Super Snake Does Not! The True Super Snake Hood scoops set back about 4” & the center “split” is underneath the main scoop.

post-768-1190292768_thumb.jpgpost-768-1190293068_thumb.jpg

Please try to get YOUR facts straight before you make claims that this is the real deal hood, when clearly it is not.

post-768-1190292768_thumb.jpg

post-768-1190293068_thumb.jpg

Hey Coldy Trufiber does have a nice KR replica hood coming out. May not be an exact replica but it's closer than anything else that's out. The one you're looking at is their GTS1 hood for the GT. Their "Venom" hood is made for the GT500 and is very close in appearance to the KR hood. There are pics of it in the SS forum as I'm trying to get Trufiber to make an SS hood.

Hey Coldy Trufiber does have a nice KR replica hood coming out. May not be an exact replica but it's closer than anything else that's out. The one you're looking at is their GTS1 hood for the GT. Their "Venom" hood is made for the GT500 and is very close in appearance to the KR hood. There are pics of it in the SS forum as I'm trying to get Trufiber to make an SS hood.

2006GT500,

You're right!

I had not seen that photo & that one does look to be the "KR" hood, but w/o the twist lock downs. But what I was pointing out to Rip was that the link he provided did not show a hood that was the "REAL DEAL" SS hood as he claimed

The best 68 style hood Ive seen thus far thats made specifically for the GT 500 is from the Race Car Factory. Its not a direct KR knockoff, its really more a 68 style update. A couple members here have them now and they look pretty good at least from the picts Ive seen. They are functional hoods too, they have a channel built in to direct air to the air box. If you have a CAI on it your gonna get a nice flow of cool dense air to the air box.

Its got the twin snorkel look but apparently some members find the deep heat extractors off putting (this coming from posts on of several hood threads). The extractors are different than the SS and KR flush vents. I dont mind the recessed extractors myself, in fact I like em, but it is different than the KR

The Tru Fiber hood I think is still being worked on, but it looked kinda chunky to me, thicker than the KR, but looking at it in the white its hard to compare accurately. Not a big fan of wire mesh on the scoop inlets. Maybe if you were slapping the hood on a Caddy but not on this car IMHO. :hysterical2: But its probably more true to the design of the KR than the RCF hood because it too has flush extractors, but they do appear to be molded in rather than cut outs with finned vents as in the SS and KR.

The Race Car Factory also has a 67 style hood, probably more fitting on a 07 GT500, but its not as dead sexy as the iconic 68 hood. Im actually toying with the idea of going with the 67 style hood just to be different and maybe more traditional. The more time goes by, I fall more in love with the GT500 as is, Im not so sure Im going to change the hood out at all. I love the SS hood, but I hate to put a SS hood on a car that isnt one.

KC666

Archived