TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mismarked/Priced SGT?????

NVWSSV

I stopped by my local Ford dealer yesterday to see if they had anything interesting on the lot. Turns out they have a black SGT, red/white GT500 and a black GT. 25K ADM on the GT500, no sticker on the GT and 5K on the SGT. But here's where I got confused. The Shelby window sticker next to the standard window sticker said at the top "Shelby GTH," but it was obviously a SGT, not a Hertz (silver stripes, stick, and the rocker decals said "Shelby GT").

Reviewing the pricing showed the standard Mustang GT price at $30,770, plus $14,772 for the "Shelby Upfit", 5K ADM, 1K GG Tax, making the car $50,992. Isn't the "Shelby Upfit" package in the 8-9K range? And why does it say "Shelby GTH" at the top of the sticker? Is it mismarked/priced? No details about the what the Upfit package includes were given.

I stopped by my local Ford dealer yesterday to see if they had anything interesting on the lot. Turns out they have a black SGT, red/white GT500 and a black GT. 25K ADM on the GT500, no sticker on the GT and 5K on the SGT. But here's where I got confused. The Shelby window sticker next to the standard window sticker said at the top "Shelby GTH," but it was obviously a SGT, not a Hertz (silver stripes, stick, and the rocker decals said "Shelby GT").

Reviewing the pricing showed the standard Mustang GT price at $30,770, plus $14,772 for the "Shelby Upfit", 5K ADM, 1K GG Tax, making the car $50,992. Isn't the "Shelby Upfit" package in the 8-9K range? And why does it say "Shelby GTH" at the top of the sticker? Is it mismarked/priced? No details about the what the Upfit package includes were given.

Not a GTH. MSRP is $30,770 for base Mustang GT + $7,390 for Shelby Package + $1,000 for Gas Guzzler Tax = $39,160.

They doubled the Shelby package price and added another $5,000 for good measure.

May ask the name and location of this dealership?

It's a wild world out there folks - watch your wallets! Even better find a dealer you can trust and pay him a little more. It's worth it in the long run. Nice catch on the sticker. One of the reasons I'm replying is to bump this up. I hope it will get noticed and these bums can get burned if they did this on purpose. Maybe you can check the VIN and give Amy & co. a call.

Not a GTH. MSRP is $30,770 for base Mustang GT + $7,390 for Shelby Package + $1,000 for Gas Guzzler Tax = $39,160.

They doubled the Shelby package price and added another $5,000 for good measure.

May ask the name and location of this dealership?

Bozeman Ford - Bozeman, Montana

So dealers are able to print window stickers? Not being a smart ass, I really don't know.

Maybe you can check the VIN and give Amy & co. a call.

I took a photo of the VIN with my phone but it is too blury to make out. Maybe I'll see if it's on their web site.

EDIT: Found a photo on my phone that's readable, I'll try to post it up. VIN# 1ZVHT825H575308772, Stock# F7257, Make - Ford, Model - Mustang GTH.

Bozeman Ford - Bozeman, Montana

So dealers are able to print window stickers? Not being a smart ass, I really don't know.

I took a photo of the VIN with my phone but it is too blury to make out. Maybe I'll see if it's on their web site.

EDIT: Looked on their web site and couldn't find the SGT, GT500 or GT.

It is a Shelby GT. MSRP of the GT Mustang is $30,270 + $7.390 SAI + $1,000 GGT for a total MSRP of $38,660

Here's my blury pic -

sticker.jpg

So they are really marking it up by $12,332 over actual MSRP!

Did you happen to ask them how they arrived at the $14,722 for the Shelby Upfit when it only cost $7,390????

Did they have additional mods added like the supercharger or what?

If it is just the regular Shelby Upfit then MSRP is only $38,660 which includes the GGT.

the only thing that is made by Ford is the Muroney(spelling?) Sticker. the other is an "addendum". what I don't like about the Shelby GT's stickers is that they do not put the Shelby GT cost anywhere where it looks official. so every dealer MUST put on an addendum sticker! Maybe they did that on purpose so we could charge whatever we want on addendum, for "Shelby Package"?

The reason it makes me frustrated on the other end though, is that since the Muroney sticker says something like $30-32k...well, some uneducated customer, will just not consider paying anything more than that.

I still have a guy holding out for $35k otd, and he JUST WON'T GET IT.

ah well

:soapbox:

the only thing that is made by Ford is the Muroney(spelling?) Sticker. the other is an "addendum". what I don't like about the Shelby GT's stickers is that they do not put the Shelby GT cost anywhere where it looks official. so every dealer MUST put on an addendum sticker! Maybe they did that on purpose so we could charge whatever we want on addendum, for "Shelby Package"?

The reason it makes me frustrated on the other end though, is that since the Muroney sticker says something like $30-32k...well, some uneducated customer, will just not consider paying anything more than that.

I still have a guy holding out for $35k otd, and he JUST WON'T GET IT.

ah well

:soapbox:

The problem was with Ford and SAI. Instead of putting a RETAIL price on the SAI window sticker allowing a little mark up for the dealers to make something off the $8,390 the dealer had to pay, they just listed actual cost instead. Then dealers were all complaining about that. So SAI then started sending the cars out with just showing the GGT on their window sticker and leaving the $7,390 cost off.

Well that created a problem because there would be no consistancy in pricing. Dealers are adding whatever they want as the MSRP price. Dealers can't set MSRP pricing. Typically anytime a vehicle comes from an aftermarket company that company places a new window sticker from them as the after market manufacturer which shows an MSRP price and that includes some dealer mark up. Usually 10% - 15% over what the cost of the conversion is. Ford and SAI failed to do that with the Shelby GT.

As a result the actual SAI cost was out and most people knew what that cost was. So now dealers have a hard time justifying adding any profit to the SAI cost. The dealer is billed for that cost usually months before the car ever comes in and the dealer pays or loses interest on that money before ever being able to sell the car.

If you noticed they corrected that on the 08 coming out. That will have a retail price instead of just actual dealer cost. It isn't very much, but at least it is something. But with only 2200 being built for 08 and 70% expected to be convertibles and all in vista blue, I suspect the dealers that get them will get a lot more ADM's on them because of how limited they will be.

If you noticed the addendum sticker that was posted it showed the Shelby Upfit as being over $14K and then showed a market adjustment of $5K. Well the Shelby Upfit is NOT over $14K. It is $7,390. If you want to show market adjustment then show market adjustment. But they shouldn't show the $7,390 as being over $14K when it is not. Unless they had more mods added by SAI such as the supercharger or something where the cost is actually more than the $7,390 for the basic SAI upfit.

Did you happen to ask them how they arrived at the $14,722 for the Shelby Upfit when it only cost $7,390????

Did they have additional mods added like the supercharger or what?

Didn't get to talk to anyone the other day. In fact, I don't think I saw one salesperson while I was there. I even went into the showroom to check out the GT500 and GT (SGT was sitting outside) and walked around the lot looking at the new Super Duty's.

I might go back and ask them what's up. Should have checked to see if the SGT was unlocked while I was there so I could have snooped under the hood, but I didn't even think about it.

Too bad Shelby doesn’t put a window sticker on the car detailing their modifications.

And why do you guys think they have this marked as a “Mustang GTH”? Was it just a mistake by the person printing the window sticker? Or are they really trying to pass this off as a Hertz?

Didn't get to talk to anyone the other day. In fact, I don't think I saw one salesperson while I was there. I even went into the showroom to check out the GT500 and GT (SGT was sitting outside) and walked around the lot looking at the new Super Duty's.

I might go back and ask them what's up. Should have checked to see if the SGT was unlocked while I was there so I could have snooped under the hood, but I didn't even think about it.

Too bad Shelby doesn’t put a window sticker on the car detailing their modifications.

And why do you guys think they have this marked as a “Mustang GTH”? Was it just a mistake by the person printing the window sticker? Or are they really trying to pass this off as a Hertz?

That is the Dealer's addendum sticker that the Dealer made up. So it is mistake. I can't believe how many Dealers keep calling this car a GT350! It is NOT a GT350. It is just a Shelby GT. They haven't come out with a GT350 "yet".

Shelby does send a separate sticker that details the modifications. In fact it duplicates some that are in the upfitter package. However, other than some of the very early cars the sticker from Shelby only list the $1000 GGT. The early cars came with a sticker that had the $7390 and the $1000. The problem was the $7390 is basically the invoice (or whatever) to the dealers. Buyers saw the $7390 and thought it was the MSRP for the Shelby package. Somebody convinced, pressured, made.....Shelby change the stickers to the current one that only list the GGT.

If you go back check the CSM # if it is a low number, less than 500 maybe, that is probably why they don't have the Shelby sticker on it. Also, if you do take a look under the hood, make sure to remove the hood pins before pulling the hood release.

Archived