TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CS licensed '66 GT350 and H Replicas to be built

Restomods are very expensive, and this one does not look out of line considering all you get, it would be a blast to drive for sure, and much better than the original, but in an original looking skin. Maybe CS will allow them to be given continuation VIN plates and they could be registered if so, right?

What are they planning to do for a VIN/Title?

Ah, drill down and the info is in the order sheet: Starts with a new Dynacorn body.

For the regular Mustang, the standard engine is a LS3 (yech! A Muastang with a Chevy?) Coyote is 4500 extra! Coyote standard on the Shelbys)

Edited by twobjshelbys

Since they are not using vintage bodies it doesn't bother me too much but they're NOT REAL Shelby's I don't care what license they got! Starting at $120k is laughable when you can build the same thing even better for half the cost!!

I am a big fan of Restomods, Pro Touring, etc.. but c'mon stop trying to pawn off a restomod as a true Shelby. Yes the real 1965's are selling at absurd figures so they advertise these as affordable hahaha I had to read that part 3 times and yes its what it said affordable is 120 plus grand that deserves a C'MON MAN!

Not sure what they are doing for the VIN. Looks a bit like the Unique Performance fiasco. With CS Licensing, they will probably get a tag to make them some kind of continuation Shelby Mustang. I have no problem with tributes, clones etc. as long as they are represented as such.

Drilling into the FAQ page here:

http://revologycars.com/faqs/

you will see that they offer both a brand new chassis (with a Revology VIN) or can rebuild on an original chassis (thus preserving the VIN of the original). They indicate the choice is driven by state licensing requirements.

This could get interesting in the future when a Florida customer with a FL vin tries to sell the car to an out of State customer whose local registration regulations will not accept the FL vin.

They tried with had the 66 GT350SR. Unfortunately, it was done through the troubled Unique Performance shop in Texas that was closed after false title reports and VIN tampering, among other issues.

http://www.hawaiiantel.net/search/index.php?context=toolbar10&q=Shelby%20GT350SR

They tried with had the 66 GT350SR. Unfortunately, it was done through the troubled Unique Performance shop in Texas that was closed after false title reports and VIN tampering, among other issues.

http://www.hawaiiantel.net/search/index.php?context=toolbar10&q=Shelby%20GT350

If memory serves me right, they only built 6 of these right? They were awesome and were added to the Shelby Registry. Damn UP! Had to ruin it. They had Carroll Shelby's blessing, too! What a waste of a good thing. This new company is charging wayyyy to much. I guess not for wealthy people though!

A lot of very wealthy people got nailed by the Unique Performance scam. I know a couple of them that had more money than good sense. Neither knew what a real Shelby Mustang was (thought that the "Eleanor" movie car was a real production Shelby) nor checked on all the complaints on UP. My warnings were ignored.

This latest series of Mustangs and licensed Shelby Mustangs is different than the roller Cobra imitations as this car is completed by Revologycars shop and can acquire a VIN that is not a Ford manufacturer number. I would put more trust in a modified original Mustang that has had Shelby wanna-be changes made to it and is presented as a tribute.