TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT 350R performance car of the year.

mach 1 1970

Yes it won and read all about it . It now can play on the world wide theater of great sports cars .congrats FORD

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a27194/road-track-2016-performance-car-of-the-year/

Edited by mach 1 1970

Since I have a certain obnoxious person on "Ignore" I don't have to see his ramblings and personal attacks, but here is the typical performance of a 2013 624 HP GT350, in case anyone thinks the Ford GT350 or GT350R is faster, and my runs have been almost identical, with 0-60 in 3.0 seconds:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/67579-mmff-gt350-14-mile-test/

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

Ok, I will settle this fair and square.

I will be happy to drive each of your vehicles and report my "official" findings for everyone. I know it's a tough job, be I will reluctantly do it as an unselfish service for my Shelby brothers to stop the bickering.

Everyone good with that???!!!!

LOL

Andy.

Ok, I will settle this fair and square.

I will be happy to drive each of your vehicles and report my "official" findings for everyone. I know it's a tough job, be I will reluctantly do it as an unselfish service for my Shelby brothers to stop the bickering.

Everyone good with that???!!!!

LOL

Andy.

OK, see you at the Bash then!

Since any true car enthusiast knows that a factory N/A track car putting out over 500+HP without a power adder, runs low 12's at 117mph in the quarter and beats Porsches and many others at lap times for a fraction of the price is just the phenomenal feat it is, I'm just going to take your criticism of it as a joke or just a way to try and start controversy, unless you really are as pompous and arrogant as you sound, which may be the case.

0-60 in 4 seconds, 1/4 mile in 12.3@117mph? Sorry, not a winner there for sure, way slow.

OMG why I'm I not surprised this guy would find something to bitch about. It's not a 1/4 mile drag queen .. It's a track car. But yes Evan Smith will get 3.8 and 11's all day long . I wish this guy would give it a rest. Performance car of the year and he has the wisdom to complain about 1/4 mile times. He has to knock anything that makes his car look ...in his mind ... Less. "My car is the best it's a gt350"

Frankly I'm tired of this Debbie downer attitude about anything that isn't about his car.

Edited by mach 1 1970

Both of you behind the barn and fight!!....................... :boxing:

:hysterical:

Ha! I always find some people so odd and weird, when you say a car doesn't meet the performance standards you prefer in a car to buy, they act like you have raped their Mom or something……... :hysterical:

But be careful SVT, if you own a ZR1, like I do, you will be bashed and trashed too………. :headspin:

For a guy who doesn't like any Fords, you sure post in their topics a lot to make a point to pee in our cornflakes. And please stop the whining when you're called out for being rude to the REAL enthusiasts here.

Ford Shelby GT350: Performance car of the year!! Beat your Z, Porsche, Bentley, Cadillac, Ferrari, Dodge and Mercedes!! Get over it, poser!!

Ha! I always find some people so odd and weird, when you say a car doesn't meet the performance standards you prefer in a car to buy, they act like you have raped their Mom or something……... :hysterical:

But be careful SVT, if you own a ZR1, like I do, you will be bashed and trashed too………. :headspin:

I do own a ZR1 but to be truthful I never got bashed and trashed yet......just had one member here bash my AC Cobra kit car!!....thing is I don't give a crap when I got an opinion about a car I'll say

it I don't care if it butt hurts any fanboy of any brand on any forum.............I'm also on a Vette forum should have heard the BS butt hurting excuses why the GT350 won R&T car of the year!!

I think I didn't help matters though!!.............. :hysterical:

I do own a ZR1 but to be truthful I never got bashed and trashed yet......

You're lucky, here is what was said about mine when I mentioned its' performance capabilities vs. the new GT350:

""Well Mike....now I figured it out you are a corvette guy stuck in a mustang body. There's no hope for you it's terminal. Why not buy yourself a new z06 and have fun on their forums . You could spend more valuable time over there convincing people that the new z06 is the best car money can buy. Then take it to the Texas mile and enjoy limp mode. That 60 year old's ....club would welcome you with open arms."

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

You're lucky, here is what was said about mine when I mentioned its' performance capabilities vs. the new GT350:

""Well Mike....now I figured it out you are a corvette guy stuck in a mustang body. There's no hope for you it's terminal. Why not buy yourself a new z06 and have fun on their forums . You could spend more valuable time over there convincing people that the new z06 is the best car money can buy. Then take it to the Texas mile and enjoy limp mode. That 60 year old's ....club would welcome you with open arms."

Yeah that's taking it a bit personal...I just chalk that up to ONE brand Fanboysem and not true car guys IMO but to each their own I guess...myself I see Chev Dodge and Ford since the early 60's

making wonderful muscle & sports cars and have over time now own or have owned pretty much all the big 3 car makers had to offer...were some my favorite?..yes but they were and are all wonderful works

of rolling art...pretty much any brand forum you go on is much the same...like I say over on the Vette forum when some found out the GT350 won car of the year some took it very personal which I found

rather childish... fact is the GT350 won and no doubt won for good reason...would I go out and buy one?...nope and for the simple reason I don't like the looks of the front end of the new Mustangs and that

hurts some Mustang lovers but that's just my own opinion but don't change the fact that the GT350 is an awesome performer..that's why it won!!

Now some may like or dislike this post but I really could care less attack if they want!!...... :thumbsup:

Very well put.

Remer when the 2007 mustang was the fastest factory mustang ever produced? That of course is no longer the fact, but it was at its time. The point is that all of these cars are fast, well designed and of course a blast to drive but will be beaten by the next year's car. The technology just keeps getting better and that's what makes this car hobby great!