TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roll Bar for Vert?

SLB8SNK

Having just signed the deal on my 2008 vert, I really like the look of the Shelby Aniversary Edition car with the roll bar. I am not looking for a race style, just one for looks and functionality second. I have see a few that look very simple (at least by eye) to install, no cross bars just one single bar. Anyone know of any, how much, and how much it takes to istall? How much damage?

Sorry if this post is alreadyout there but I did a search and it shows only the race style.

That's because a roll bar is different than a "light" bar or "style" bar. I got 3 pages of topics when I searched on "light bar". One word of caution, light bars have not been tested for safety and all come with a warning that they are not for roll over protection. In some cases they may actually be more dangerous and rotate forward under load. On the other hand, they may actually stiffen the chasis a little but remember, they are more for style than structural integrity and safety.

I agree and figured as much, however I like the look and wanted to know if anyone installed one on a GT500 vert? I realize they are not functional and I doubt the Shelby version is either, but again, so long as it is simple to install and does not require you to damage anything, cool. So if anyone knows of one, or a link, please let me know. Meanwhile I will search on light bar!

Hummm looks like the only special tool it the trim remover tool (anything else work?), but other than drilling a few holes the only damage really is the cutting of the interior side panels. So how long did it take you to install and do you have any pictures of yours finished?

Sorry the instructions indicate a trim tool of some sort. Glad to hear it was no problem. Two hours I can live with that. Thanks!

Anyone else has any other options, sets, or comments, please let me know as I have a few months I am sure before I get mine!

JHE12345 - Where did you get that boot cover?

On Ebay - from Brother's. It's made by 3d-carbon. I got it for $320 after a couple offers. That and the light bar make a real diffeence. I get so many compliments.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3D-Carbon-M...bayphotohosting

BTW - I do, in fact, have the rub marks on the light bar. I didn't know what people were talking about and didn't really notice it until I saw your pics.

In looking at this further, does anyone sell the bar with the side panels pre-cut? Meaning if you wanted to remove it later, you could? Also, does anyone think this will reduce the value of the car?

Don't know that anyone sells the top quarter panel trim pre-cut, but you can buy another set as a backup from Ford - I plan to. I think the bar makes the car and increases it's value...

Archived