TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Cover Stolen at Mid America

jcthorne

Last night, my Genuine Shelby car cover was stolen from off my GT500 in the parking lot of the Marriot host hotel. If anyone sees a 'slightly used' one for sale on ebay or other means in the near future, please let me know. It can be identified as mine if found.

Sorry guys, this event has been a true gem for many years but the number of incidents occuring at the Marriot parking lot the last couple years has gotten out of hand. I think perhaps this event has grown too large and is surly attracting the wrong crowd.

Had a great time at Hallet on Wed and Thurs in spite of the rain but this even sure puts a downspin on a great weekend for me.

Some people sure make it difficult to own any thing nice any more.

Just bummed and needed to vent to folks that might understand.

Last night, my Genuine Shelby car cover was stolen from off my GT500 in the parking lot of the Marriot host hotel. If anyone sees a 'slightly used' one for sale on ebay or other means in the near future, please let me know. It can be identified as mine if found.

Sorry guys, this event has been a true gem for many years but the number of incidents occuring at the Marriot parking lot the last couple years has gotten out of hand. I think perhaps this event has grown too large and is surly attracting the wrong crowd.

Had a great time at Hallet on Wed and Thurs in spite of the rain but this even sure puts a downspin on a great weekend for me.

Some people sure make it difficult to own any thing nice any more.

Just bummed and needed to vent to folks that might understand.

what a :censored: loser, how could anyone do such a thing

sorry man that just Sux

Sorry to here that Jcthorne . It's a sick feeling when you first discover it then it turns to anger. Had 2 sd cards from my camera full with my vacation pics taken from my suitcase by the Airline baggage handlers. Put a major damper on my vacation..... Feel for you man.

will definitely keep an eye out on ebay for it.... I'll email some friends from up there and ask them to keep an eye out in the local papers as well, just in case.

did you file a police report?

I'd write Marriott's corporate headquarters with a short note about it. If Marriott is the host, they should have extra security night and day there.

:censored::censored::censored:

sorry to hear this Jim. most deff let Marriott know, they could reimburse you for it. not the same but might make ya feel a bit better. it is getting really hard to have nice things anymore as more and more people are tending to think stuff is owed them and they don't want to work for it :(

What a bummer. Did you ask the Marriott if they have camera's that can see in the parking lot? Most of them have camera's and you can see who the thief is. Really turns a good time into a depressing event. Good Luck.

What a bummer. Did you ask the Marriott if they have camera's that can see in the parking lot? Most of them have camera's and you can see who the thief is. Really turns a good time into a depressing event. Good Luck.

Jim, sorry to hear about this. +1 on the security camera's. Now days more and more businesses are adding them. Give them a call.

Scott

+1 on what everyone said plus to discourage this in the future, you might want to check because most car cover makers make a covered cable and small lock to secure the cover under the car. If you use your cover outside, could be a good idea. It wont be foolproof but it might convince someone to move on.

Very sorry to hear what happened to you. I totally understand your anger; I would be very angry too if that happened to me. Some people have absolutely no respect for the property of other. Definitely file a complaint to Marriott. I watch E-bay quite often. If I see a Shelby car cover there, I will certainly let you know.

Yes, sorry for the loss. Theft. One of the top things in life that gets me viscerally angry. May I recommend that in additon to the cable lock that you also stencil the license plate number of your car onto the cover? California Car Cover does offer that option on their covers, so you might be able to send your replacement Cobra cover and have them do it for you.

They do offer a Cobra logo for their covers, but it's the old school Cobra; the one that has the Cobra snake with slicks doing a burn out.

I hope that you are able to locate your cover and deal with the scumbags that took it.

Well, just got home from Mid America last night. Thanks for the words of encouragement. You can bet the new cover will be locked. Never had a problem at Mid America in all the years I've been going there. Filed a report with Marriot security. No video caught of the act. There is a camera that can see where my car was but it's not always pointed that way. Hotel says they did not see the cover removed on video.

Bill Jenkins at TeamFordParts has agreed to sell me a replacement cover for the group buy price I got last year so I will replace it through them.

Yes the whole deal sucks but the event was great as always. The Tulsa SAAC club really puts on one great event and I still look forward to going back.

Archived