TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Flatrock Tour

Wait for me, me too... me too..... :grouphug:

I was lucky enough to buy a pair of tour tickets for Dearborn for August, but I see on the New England Mustang web site they are planning a trip in October for a assembly plant tour. Now I don't know any further info, but maybe some of you might be able to be included in their tour if they have openings available. Give them an email. They are a great group of Mustang enthusiasts well organized and managed as a club.

If you are able to hook up with the New England tour in October just remember, It's paaark the caaa for a quataaar. :hysterical: It wouldn't hurt neither if you purchase a Red Sox cap for the trip. :hysterical:

Good luck, I really hope you can get on a tour this year.

Yes. I was there. I got to meet Rick, too.

This was a group of 16 owners, most of which had a guest. The main group was broken into sub groups of about 10 people each.

The tour was a good time. Lots to see, especially if you've never been through a vehicle production facility before.

After the tour of AAI, we drove up to Romeo to tour the engine plant. This was the first time most of the engine builders had seen a GT500 up close. I got to meet my engine builders, which was special.

I won't go into too much detail, so as not to ruin anything for those going in August. Let's just say it was worth the drive (300+ miles to Romeo, each way, for me).

You didn't beat me by much there high-miles boy! The drive to Monroe...Flat Rock...Romeo...Monroe....(then Dearborn with another Ford buddy for lunch on the following day) nearly put a callus on my buns. Oh...and the 3 car washes to get the mayflies off the car!!

It was great to meet you....and the wife loves your dash sig.

I'd second Orf's sentiments. Worth the trip. A number of surprises for me. I have a boatload of pix from Romeo (and only outside shots from AAI were allowed) but won't post them unless the group wants to see a few. I, too, don't want to ruin anything for anyone's future trip.

bj

You didn't beat me by much there high-miles boy! The drive to Monroe...Flat Rock...Romeo...Monroe....(then Dearborn with another Ford buddy for lunch on the following day) nearly put a callus on my buns. Oh...and the 3 car washes to get the mayflies off the car!!

It was great to meet you....and the wife loves your dash sig.

I'd second Orf's sentiments. Worth the trip. A number of surprises for me. I have a boatload of pix from Romeo (and only outside shots from AAI were allowed) but won't post them unless the group wants to see a few. I, too, don't want to ruin anything for anyone's future trip.

bj

I only had 2 washes for mayflies. That trip put me over 8000 miles, but the smooth Detroit roads were a delight, weren't they?

It was a pleasure meeting both you and your wife.

I only had 2 washes for mayflies. That trip put me over 8000 miles, but the smooth Detroit roads were a delight, weren't they?

I'll never bitch about Illinois roads again!

Just as we were leaving Dearborn, my odo was 11111.1 and I actually caught it right there. Oh...and both of my engine builders were retired.

bj

I feel sorry for the poor guy who had to wash my rental...that car was a mayfly-covered mess.

But this stuff was pretty cool...

post-2517-1182216600_thumb.jpg

post-2517-1182216631_thumb.jpg

post-2517-1182216644_thumb.jpg

post-2517-1182216600_thumb.jpg

post-2517-1182216631_thumb.jpg

post-2517-1182216644_thumb.jpg

Archived