TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Upgrades....

speedrx

Working on some mods to my 2009 Vert, I really like the SS look but don't want to spend $45k to get it converted. I have been collecting OEM SS parts as I find them at good prices and just installed them on the car. The goal is to keep it as genuine Ford/Shelby as possible. Thanks to Robert M and others on the forum answering SS specific questions.

The drive train is still stock, working on ideas for performance upgrades next. The car is a lot of fun now and gets a lot of attention, it is a weekend nice weather cruizer so don't want to over do it on performance mods (I know, you can never over do it).

This is phase II, already added Alcoa SS wheels, Shelby Lightbar, Shelby Eibach Pro-Street Coilovers, KR Exhaust.

• OEM SS Hood

• OEM SS Hoodpins

• OEM Side Scoops

• OEM SS Wings

• OEM SS Stripes

• OEM CF Side Skirts

• OEM CF Mirror Covers

• OEM CF Splitter

• OEM SS lower Grille with Duct Bezels

Before

Shelby%20Angle%201_zpsw9rb0cat.jpg

After

Shelby%20Angle%203_zpstb2ju15e.jpg

Before

Shelby%20Side%201_zpsmcxj0ufk.jpg

After

Shelby%20Side%203_zpszd7vkrwk.jpg

Before

Shelby%20Back%201_zpsvc6tsfbz.jpg

After

Shelby%20Back%203_zpseabwflzm.jpg

Before

Shelby%20Front%201_zpsh4gmu7lr.jpg

After

Shelby%20Front_zpsftpjbdf9.jpg

Looks killer, very nice job. Your side stripes (which are the trickiest to do) look spot on. Who did them for you? I think the attention to detail is what makes it.

Mark

Local body shop I have worked with for years. It took a lot more work than we expected to get the paint right, we had to do several samples and bring over the regional PPG rep to assist with the formula (it was close but I wanted it just right so made them keep redoing it). I was worried about the strips as it is not possible to just get another set if they didn't get them right, they did a very good job.

Your car Looks Great!!!

........and you're welcome, glad I could help!

Something that really cleans up the front of the 2007-2009's...............Clear park/turn lenses...........

004_zpswaxcdfyb.jpg

^^^^^^It is subtle, but what a difference it makes.............

R

Your car Looks Great!!!

........and you're welcome, glad I could help!

Something that really cleans up the front of the 2007-2009's...............Clear park/turn lenses...........

004_zpswaxcdfyb.jpg

^^^^^^It is subtle, but what a difference it makes.............

R

Clear lenses do look great and clean up the front, I need a set of those - where did you get them?

Clear lenses do look great and clean up the front, I need a set of those - where did you get them?

I got them on eBay, there is a specific brand that looks exactly like oem, but clear. I will have to find the link tonight.

Also, most (if not all) states, counties and cities will require Amber turn signal color, I have that also with my clear lens set up............to be legal.........

R

I got them on eBay, there is a specific brand that looks exactly like oem, but clear. I will have to find the link tonight.

Also, most (if not all) states, counties and cities will require Amber turn signal color, I have that also with my clear lens set up............to be legal.........

R

Robert, I found the link on your 'perfectly clear' post, just ordered a set. The bulb decision is still pending.

Thanks.

Robert, I found the link on your 'perfectly clear' post, just ordered a set. The bulb decision is still pending.

Thanks.

The safest bulb choice is the Amber/Amber LED bulb with the matching Amber side marker bulb. <<The reason why I say "safest", is because once you get into the White/Amber park/turn switchback LED's, the White color can get to be too "white" for the fog light below and the headlight above................and then you are down a whole other path of matching the stack of white lights on each side.

For those who have not seen the photo's, here is my thread related to these clear lenses................

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/89303-let-me-be-perfectly-clear/

R

A Kenne Bell supercharger would look authentic!

Yes, that is what i am thinking also. Since it is a weekend cruiser, not sure how much I want to affect the regular drive-ability. Seems like added a larger SC starts snowballing with heat exchanger, TB, plugs, fuel pump, etc. Thought about just a VMP CAI, pulley, idler, and tune, may be enough.

• 3 weeks later...

You have spent a ton of money and your car looks great.

HOWEVER, it's not a SuperSnake. IMHO, If you would have just left the SuperSnake stripes and badging off, it would be much better; a highly modded GT500.

I contemplated doing the same thing, but a buddy who owns a real SuperSnake, told me you'll spend a bunch of money and it will never be a real SS. Is that what will make you happy?

In the end, I modded to make myself happy but I did not do the SS package. My car is unique combining the best of a regular Shelby with a SS and that works for me.

In any event, your car looks BADASS!

Archived