TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What does "with warranty" mean?

I have read the threads on 600 HP (with warranty) and called Ford Performance about the length of the warranty and how it works on the Super Snake package. They told me that as far as they know the warranty will only be 1 year (12,000 miles) on the entire drivetrain. This means (if accurate) that the five year (60,000 mile) factory warranty will be voided after package installation. I read that Roush with the same supercharger (Ford Racing M-6066-SGT) is giving a 3 year (36,000) mile warranty. If this is true that is a big difference. The entire drivetrain (including the transmission) would be our expense after 1 year and all this conversion cost. The only good news is your Ford dealer will be able to service the warranty for the 1 year.

I have read the threads on 600 HP (with warranty) and called Ford Performance about the length of the warranty and how it works on the Super Snake package. They told me that as far as they know the warranty will only be 1 year (12,000 miles) on the entire drivetrain. This means (if accurate) that the five year (60,000 mile) factory warranty will be voided after package installation. I read that Roush with the same supercharger (Ford Racing M-6066-SGT) is giving a 3 year (36,000) mile warranty. If this is true that is a big difference. The entire drivetrain (including the transmission) would be our expense after 1 year and all this conversion cost. The only good news is your Ford dealer will be able to service the warranty for the 1 year.

The terms of the warranty are still being worked out. SAI is striving for 3/36000.

The terms of the warranty are still being worked out. SAI is striving for 3/36000.

A suggestion to SAI and Ford:

Offer an extended warranty above whatever base warranty is worked out at an additional cost just like the dealer offers when you buy your Shelby from them. I bought a 7 year warranty from my dealer. This is a win win option for both sides. I believe just about anything you buy can get an extended warranty for a price.

A suggestion to SAI and Ford:

Offer an extended warranty above whatever base warranty is worked out at an additional cost just like the dealer offers when you buy your Shelby from them. I bought a 7 year warranty from my dealer. This is a win win option for both sides. I believe just about anything you buy can get an extended warranty for a price.

Ford never offered an extended warranty for the Ford GT. Given that, I would be pleasantly surprised if they'll do an extended warranty here.

There has to be a way to streamline threads more because this was brought up when Amy 1ST TOLD US ABOUT THE SUPERSNAKE PACKAGE!!!!!!!!! 600HP 3/36 ALL SAME AS FACTORY, 725++HP NOOOOOO WARENTY!!!!!!!!!! SHEEEEESH!! Is that why Grabber posted the popcorn on his post, waiting for SOMEONE TO EXPLAIN WHAT WAS ALREADY SAID, HOW MANY TIMES????

I think the package should be made available until at least the factory warranty is exhausted for those of us that want to enjoy the stock vehicle but want ultimately to have the upgrade. At that point an additional warranty could be offered through Ford or a 3rd party provider.

Maybe this should be a different thread related to the length of time the package is made available but this discussion made me think about it. Anybody out there smell the smoke besides me?

There has to be a way to streamline threads more because this was brought up when Amy 1ST TOLD US ABOUT THE SUPERSNAKE PACKAGE!!!!!!!!! 600HP 3/36 ALL SAME AS FACTORY, 725++HP NOOOOOO WARENTY!!!!!!!!!! SHEEEEESH!! Is that why Grabber posted the popcorn on his post, waiting for SOMEONE TO EXPLAIN WHAT WAS ALREADY SAID, HOW MANY TIMES????

Apples,

I don't think the warrenty deal is cast in stone my friend. It's still in the worky.

Apples,

I don't think the warrenty deal is cast in stone my friend. It's still in the worky.

Really?? You hear Amy say different after she posted 3/36 for 600hp and no warrenty for 725++cause I never saw anything posted different after that was posted. I did see that posted, I did not see anything added or changed since. :headscratch: I do pay attention to things ya no :read::stats: me sees no changes to story anywhere excepy certain people READING into or NOTTY READING ENOUGHY :hysterical:

As a performance enthusiast, I've never cared about warranties. If the engine blows, good, I can built a stronger one and up the boost. If you care about longevity get an Accord.

That's true to some extent. There are alot of people that care about the warranty and can't afford to build a new engine after plunking down 80+ grand on a car.

O.K..... What is covered under 3/36 (600HP) and by whom?

Nothig is firm.

Nothing is written down.

I searched high and low on this forum for a firm answer. Can't find one!

Apples knows where it's at...ask him to re-post the details.

Here is information I have from someone who has direct contact with Ford and Ford Racing and is in touch with them weekly regarding the whole warranty issue. There has been no committment on the 3yr\36000 mile warranty on the 600hp package. The TVS was scheduled for release in late April and to that point Ford had advised they would provide 3yr\36000 mile warranty. At the last minute, they pulled back and said more testing was required. Either the testing has not been completed or Ford is still undecided. Whether Roush or SAI will provide a 3yr\36000 mile warranty is another question.

• 3 weeks later...
Here is information I have from someone who has direct contact with Ford and Ford Racing and is in touch with them weekly regarding the whole warranty issue. There has been no committment on the 3yr\36000 mile warranty on the 600hp package. The TVS was scheduled for release in late April and to that point Ford had advised they would provide 3yr\36000 mile warranty. At the last minute, they pulled back and said more testing was required. Either the testing has not been completed or Ford is still undecided. Whether Roush or SAI will provide a 3yr\36000 mile warranty is another question.

Any update on the warranty decision from Ford?

• 1 month later...
No word yet. Have been meaning to talk to my source for the past few weeks, and just been too busy.

Per Ford Performance: To maintain a warranty with the 605 Horse Super Charger Upgrade a new harmonic balancer (damper) must be installed that is currently unavailable but should be available any week. I assume this is due to an issue they had with early GT500 crank nose failures that was corrected with a longer bolt into the crank. The Ford GT has a much lighter damper and doesn'st have a failure issue even with Horsepower upgrades. Does anyone know the length of this warranty? Is it now officially 3 years from installation of upgrade as rumored?

• 1 month later...

Road and Track is now saying 12 /12000......................AMY What happened????

Hope they can keep the 3/36 with the 605.

Let's all hope. You get 1 year if you bolt the blower on yourself. 1 year is just ridiculous. That would put me onto the 725 if I did not have a convertible since 1 year is pretty close to nothing. Legally I believe you get 90 days for any Ford installation (factory defects?). For 9 months why not go for 725HP...................... I really hope Road and Track just misprinted.

IF the warranty were to disappear altogether, I wouldn't be surprised. But what would the people who've already put down deposits based on an advertised 3/36 feel about it?

Not trying to :stirpot: but it is not out of the realm of possibilities given Ford's track record with this blower package.

btw: I was told Thursday that the TVS has officially been released now. And through FRP it will have a 1yr/12k warranty.

IF the warranty were to disappear altogether, I wouldn't be surprised. But what would the people who've already put down deposits based on an advertised 3/36 feel about it?

Not trying to :stirpot: but it is not out of the realm of possibilities given Ford's track record with this blower package.

btw: I was told Thursday that the TVS has officially been released now. And through FRP it will have a 1yr/12k warranty.

Your are correct, the (605 HP) FRPP/ROUSH/EATON-TVS Blower is now out starts at $5,600 & carrys a 1yr/12k drive train warranty if installed by an authorized Ford Dealer. It comes with a FRPP CAI & Tune also. The 725 will not be using this blower ;)

Archived