TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Trade for ZL1

idareu

I have a 08 Gt500 Vert purchased new with 6k no mods.

Was offered 37k on trade for a Zl1

Msrp of Zl1 is 58k they have 15% off

So its 58k-37k then tax and then another $8700 off.

So it would cost me $14,000 out of pocket to move up 7 model years

Would you trade?

Personally I wouldn’t but I’ll admit that we’re all in different places in our lives and I wouldn’t begin to insult you for considering such a trade. 37k is a dam nice offer for a car that’s almost 8 years old and probably sold new for somewhere around the $45,000 dollar range. I wonder what that $58,000 dollar truck will be worth in 8 years. You’re decision probably doesn’t rest on future value of a vehicle but I just thought I’d throw that out there.

I bought a new 13’ MKZ and almost immediately began to second guess my decision and it was reaffirmed when in a year later I went to buy a used 1999 SuperDuty with a 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel with 200,000 thousand miles on it and felt like I got a steal only paying $12,500 for it.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck

Personally I wouldn’t but I’ll admit that we’re all in different places in our lives and I wouldn’t begin to insult you for considering such a trade. 37k is a dam nice offer for a car that’s almost 8 years old and probably sold new for somewhere around the $45,000 dollar range. I wonder what that $58,000 dollar truck will be worth in 8 years. You’re decision probably doesn’t rest on future value of a vehicle but I just thought I’d throw that out there.

I bought a new 13’ MKZ and almost immediately began to second guess my decision and it was reaffirmed when in a year later I went to buy a used 1999 SuperDuty with a 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel with 200,000 thousand miles on it and felt like I got a steal only paying $12,500 for it.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck

While I agree with your first statement.... I question your calling a Camaro a truck :headscratch:

Archived