TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New owner of #104

silverWS6

Hello everyone!

I'm the proud new owner of #104. Just bought it yesterday and I already love this little thing. I want to address a couple things and Google isn't being very helpful. Plans are to just do a couple of things to it and then just enjoying the car. I must tint the windows ASAP, put the front fascia back on as it looks naked without it and I also plan to give it a good cleaning/buffing. I know I have to be gentle with the 26 yr old paint but I think I can bring some shine back from it. I got the car with tons of parts and paperwork, including the original Fiberides! I'm also going to paint or plastidip (temporary) the current wheels gold to bring that theme back and paint the calipers.

Questions:

The shift knob is missing the top insert. Anybody know where I could get one? Other than that, interior is fantastic.

Anybody install a Oil Pressure gauge and Air Fuel Ratio gauge?

I'll grab some pics and post them later!

Thanks,

Edgar

Hello everyone!

I'm the proud new owner of #104. Just bought it yesterday and I already love this little thing. I want to address a couple things and Google isn't being very helpful. Plans are to just do a couple of things to it and then just enjoying the car. I must tint the windows ASAP, put the front fascia back on as it looks naked without it and I also plan to give it a good cleaning/buffing. I know I have to be gentle with the 26 yr old paint but I think I can bring some shine back from it. I got the car with tons of parts and paperwork, including the original Fiberides! I'm also going to paint or plastidip (temporary) the current wheels gold to bring that theme back and paint the calipers.

Questions:

The shift knob is missing the top insert. Anybody know where I could get one? Other than that, interior is fantastic.

Anybody install a Oil Pressure gauge and Air Fuel Ratio gauge?

I'll grab some pics and post them later!

Thanks,

Edgar

Hi Edgar

Congrats on your Shelby CSX ownership. If you haven't already be sure to register your Shelby in the Shelby American Registry. Below in my signature line is a link to our Registry.

That shift knob insert is a regular Chrysler part but of course Chrysler no longer sells those type of parts. There is a guy in Arizona that has lots of NOS parts. His website is www.arizonaparts.com and just for the record I'm not recommending him just letting you know of him as a possibility. Other than that keep an eye open on ebay.

Steve

Hi Edgar

Congrats on your Shelby CSX ownership. If you haven't already be sure to register your Shelby in the Shelby American Registry. Below in my signature line is a link to our Registry.

That shift knob insert is a regular Chrysler part but of course Chrysler no longer sells those type of parts. There is a guy in Arizona that has lots of NOS parts. His website is www.arizonaparts.com and just for the record I'm not recommending him just letting you know of him as a possibility. Other than that keep an eye open on ebay.

Steve

I just found a guy that was doing custom inserts over on another forum, hopefully he is still making them!

I wouldn't cut the car or drill holes to get a gauge. You can buy a dual gage pod for the pillar then add the boost controller / wideband to it and the multi gauge for other stuff. If the car still runs the tiny VNT you need to leave it stock and get a 3 bar computer. If you raise the VS of the engine at all the flow change wipes out turbo control. So you'll want to decide leave it stock of change the turbo. I just got a SCG-1 and a multi gauge to make it easy. My 89 is a recaro car #187, great cars.