TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Aftermarket bullitt wheel?

I have 07 Black SGT. It has the stock bullitts on it. I would like to put some 10" wides on the rear and some 28

5/40/18's...Can I get aftermarket bullitts and install the Shelby centercaps. Thanks

I ran American Muscle bullitt wheels for several years, 18 inch, 9 inch wide up front, 10 inch wide in back. Really loved the look on my white SGT, but alas, they wouldn't work with big brakes, so away they went.

Anyway, I never bothered to try any center caps other than the ones that came with the wheels. They had a tri-bar and "SR" on them - I just told everyone it stood for "Shelby Racing" and left it at that!

I do know that the stock caps won't fit the AM bullitts, but there may be others out there that will.

Sam

Thanks, I just may go ahead and purchase the AM wheel set. Get the 8.5's off the front and get the 9's and the 10's. what size tires? 255/45/18 front and 285/40/18 rear? will they fit?. I just got the car so I'm kinda new at the S197 Mustang, had a 04' gt last year. sold it.

It depends on the wheel you choose. There many styles that will accept the Shelby center cap, but the only way to be sure is trial and error or finding someone who already figured it out. I have the CS center cap on my American Muscle GT4 wheels and know have them on my 18" Shelby Alcoas.

post-24566-0-12888300-1444259597_thumb.jpeg

post-24566-0-16655700-1444260002_thumb.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

I replaced my 8.5's with the AM deep dish (9 & 10, 265/35 & 295/40). The AM caps are larger than the stock Shelby GT (small). I ordered chrome/black stickers and placed them over a smooth flat large wheel caps on the deep dishes. I also used the same sticker to finish the process of replacing the pony on my steering wheel.

WheelCap

• 3 weeks later...

If you are happy with the stock SGT wheel but want a wider wheel for 285/295 tires, you can opt to have them widened. A company in Detroit (Weldcraft?) performs magic. They can turn a 8.5" wheel into a 10" wheel and for a reasonable cost. Your 285/295 wide tire will fit just fine under the car, I have seen 305s and one 315, however, with very skinny side walls. Obviously a show only car.

Be aware that when buying aftermarket wheels, the front and rear offsets are different. I forget which number is which, but the last time I bought staggered wheels, one set of two was 24mm offset, the other was 45mm. Maybe...I can't recall those numbers very well, it was years ago. However, be aware of the offset/backspace issue on the S197 cars. BTW, offset and backspace are different measurements for locating the center hub, and do not convert well. Thus, it can be a chore to find what you need to have for a correct fit. One dude near me got a smoking deal on a set of Shelby Razors, but all with one offset, the smaller number I believe. The front wasn't so bad, but the rear stuck out so far, his outside RV mirrors got trashed by the rain, slush and slop we have to drive in from time to time. He ended up selling the car, a stock 06 six cylinder/auto for about 3K under market, and that took 4 months! Can't blame the offset, but the rest of the car was fairly clean.

FRP has a nice selection of Boss 302, 302R and Laguna Seca wheels, with center caps, that fit nicely. If you like that design, this could be painless. Prices are fairly decent as well. Good luck in your search.

Y'all be safe.

Sam IMO those charcoal Boss LS wheels, look perfect on your car. I like the split spoke design, charcoal inserts match very well with the stripes, white paint etc. What tire are you running ? in what size ?

Nitto Invo, 285/35/19 in back, 255/40/19 up front.

Sam

Archived