TEAM SHELBY FORUM

410 axle speedo recalibration with sct tuner

Installed 410 gears and wish they had come stock. Couldn't recalibrate the speedo and contacted Shelby support, was tols any sct tuner will do so know I have a x4 and my vehicle is "unsupported" SCT tech support told me to get a custom tune...any suggestions?

Have to have a custom tune written. No tuner's "stock" or "canned" tunes will interface with the SGT's ECU. I have a Brenspeed tune, they are familiar with the SGTs...and I believe that 'Bama thru American Muscle is also familiar with the issue and maybe Steeda...i have not confirmed Steeda though.

Installed 410 gears and wish they had come stock. Couldn't recalibrate the speedo and contacted Shelby support, was tols any sct tuner will do so know I have a x4 and my vehicle is "unsupported" SCT tech support told me to get a custom tune...any suggestions?

I also Installed 4:10's bought an x-4 tuner from American muscle works like a charm. Also comes with life time tunes, the tune they supply is a huge difference from the stock Shelby tune I was very impressed.

Why would a differential gear change require a new tune? I thought the tune was actually calibrating engine management, air and fuel flow. A differential change is just changing the torque produced at the wheels. Tire size changes need a recalibration due to rolling circumference correct? Just making sure I understand, I went to 3:73's and was told no tune needed although a tune might help performance and gas mileage.

Inquiring minds want to know?

Why would a differential gear change require a new tune? I thought the tune was actually calibrating engine management, air and fuel flow. A differential change is just changing the torque produced at the wheels. Tire size changes need a recalibration due to rolling circumference correct? Just making sure I understand, I went to 3:73's and was told no tune needed although a tune might help performance and gas mileage.

Inquiring minds want to know?

You changed to 3.73 and it did not effect your speedo?

Changing gears changes your wheel speed in reference to the number of rotations of the driveshaft correct? The speedometer is based on readings from inputs from the transmission to the computer. If you change your gears, your speedometer will be off. The only way to fix it is through the computer via the tuner. That is the good thing about getting your tuner through somebody like AM, Lund or others who offer lifetime tune service. I changed the gears in my Roush from 2.80 to 3.55 and just sent a message to AM. The next morning I had a file in my inbox to load to my computer and all was well.

Now if your mustang is 2010 or earlier (to 1994) you can use this nifty little tool instead of having to update your PCM. The original poster may want to look into this:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-speedo-tool-9410.html

I had a sct tune from Brenspeed before I supercharged. I installed the 410's then after leaving the shop, pulled over to the side of the road and pluged my hand held tuner into the ecm and punched in the 410 axle ratio and that was it. The best thing I ever did for my car was installing 410's before I supercharged.

I have a x4 and my vehicle is "unsupported" SCT tech support told me to get a custom tune...any suggestions?

Can you explain more? You bought an SCT X4 tuner and it is telling you that it is "unsupported" when plugged into your car? May be I'm not understanding your statement. Where did you buy it from?

If you have an SCT tuner and it has the tune for your car which is open, then yes, you should be able to go in there yourself and change the ratio and re-upload.

Can you explain more? You bought an SCT X4 tuner and it is telling you that it is "unsupported" when plugged into your car? May be I'm not understanding your statement. Where did you buy it from?

If you have an SCT tuner and it has the tune for your car which is open, then yes, you should be able to go in there yourself and change the ratio and re-upload.

It HAS to be a custom tune for the SGT. No commercially available tuner will support the SGT's "stock tune"/ECU out of the box... it will say that it is "unsupported"

Archived