TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby State Director Search

ltbeach

Team Shelby South Atlantic is searching for state directors for Maryland, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. If you're interested in becoming a state director, please contact myself or Bob Zinzell.

Edited by ltbeach

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wild Bill Evans. Great guy. Lives in Richmond. We have hooked up a few times already. He is trying to get things going and connect all Va TS Shelby owners.

Well, nine months or so since this post and we still haven't heard a word from our Virginia (chapter) state director. Did I miss his post introducing himself?

They really only post stuff on Facebook for some reason. I have never met Bill but in his Facebook posts he seems like a good guy who is trying to get things going in VA.

On a side note I have volunteered 3 or 4 times for the WV director spot over the passed two years. I have left my name, number and email and have never heard back from the three separate individuals I contacted. Not even a no thanks. Oh well......

Hopefully the person who volunteered for MD has better luck.

Having worked closely with Sheppd01 on the Team Shelby East Coast Grand Nationals, that took place this past June, I highly recommend and support him for State Directorship.

I/we could not have pulled off the "Grand Nationals" without his help and efforts.

Z-man

Bill has had some health issues as of late and is in CA taking care of his mom. He does not post much on TS. There is a realignment that is occuring in this region. Stayed tuned.

Bill has had some health issues as of late and is in CA taking care of his mom. He does not post much on TS. There is a realignment that is occuring in this region. Stayed tuned.

Ok that explains it then, Hope he's ok and his mother is doing well. Maybe time to pass the baton so to speak. Looking forward to hearing more about the realignment and getting something going here in VA with other Team Shelby members.

Thanks for the info.

Jeff

I got an e-mail from Doug Hill claiming to be heading up the Georgia Chapter (I setup the original G-Mail group and the subsequent Facebook page) last year and have only heard one or two things from him since that time.

Edited by mavisky

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys, I am in contact with Bob Zinzell as well as Wild Bill on FaceBook. if you arent on there, thats where all the action is. We habe a new Team Shelby Racing page and thread as well. I can and will be trying to relay info back and forth. Things are shaping up and are back on course in South Atlantic. Stay tuned for more info.

Hey Guys, I am in contact with Bob Zinzell as well as Wild Bill on FaceBook. if you arent on there, thats where all the action is. We habe a new Team Shelby Racing page and thread as well. I can and will be trying to relay info back and forth. Things are shaping up and are back on course in South Atlantic. Stay tuned for more info.

Maybe this website should be modified and/or abandoned and switched to Facebook "where all the action is"? Just askin'.....

Edit - don't mean to rob the thread though...just blurting out what came to mind...

Edited by ilmor

If they do they will lose me. I don't do facebook.

I didn't either until I discovered that there seems to be more TS interest there than here...different groups, more pics, etc. In addition I follow Shelby Autos and their posts on FB, which for some reason they don't do as much here, or at least it doesn't seem that way. Besides TS and a couple of other auto or racing related feeds that's all I use FB for.

To me, FB is just easier and I am instanty updated on anything Shelby. I get alerts from groups I follow. The pictures are great and you get to meet fellow owners with similar interests. As stated above, I think many more TS members communicate this way for the same reasons. TheTS forum is a bit cumbersome on my IPhone.

As a follow-up to the original topic, we now have 4 directors in VA. Wild Bill is the state director and he assigned 3 other regional directors. I posted several weeks ago under events that our first car show is November 5th in VA Beach. We are planning a much bigger event next April at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex. Bill and others do post all of these events on the TEAM SHELBY FB page. We will also start planning monthly meet and greet's all over VA. Chime in if your are interested in getting together.

• 4 weeks later...

As a follow-up to the original topic, we now have 4 directors in VA. Wild Bill is the state director and he assigned 3 other regional directors. I posted several weeks ago under events that our first car show is November 5th in VA Beach. We are planning a much bigger event next April at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex. Bill and others do post all of these events on the TEAM SHELBY FB page. We will also start planning monthly meet and greet's all over VA. Chime in if your are interested in getting together.

I'll be at the show Saturday and definitely interested in meet n greets and any other events. Like some others said though, I don't do FB, so if I don't hear about it here I won't know.

Nice to meet you yesterday, Jeff. Your car is beautiful. Thanks for coming out.

Thanks Bill, it was a pleasure meeting you and the other VA Chapter TS members. Your KR is beautiful as well and I hope to one day have one myself. Looking forward to many more VA / VA Beach chapter get togethers and so forth. If you ever need any help with any event planning or so forth please let me know.

Jeff

Edited by MyBlueHeaven