TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07' 257 sold for 25k

My fondest memory was in 2012 at the salute to Carroll Shelby's world record gathering of Shelbys in Carlisle PA. The pleasure of meeting other 40th owners who traveled across the country to be there, was a once in a lifetime event. :yahoo:

Today, for the first time, I'm driving (not trailering :) ) the 40th to a local event and will finally go over the 100 mile mark on the speedometer.
As for driving pleasure, I have driven to hell and back with the Cruisin the Smokies Shelby guys for the last 4 years in the Boss. It is a once a year spirited racing event where North meets South. :drool:

Breaking a 100......time to crack the cork and celebrate......

GT

My fondest memory was in 2012 at the salute to Carroll Shelby's world record gathering of Shelbys in Carlisle PA. The pleasure of meeting other 40th owners who traveled across the country to be there, was a once in a lifetime event. :yahoo:

Today, for the first time, I'm driving (not trailering :) ) the 40th to a local event and will finally go over the 100 mile mark on the speedometer.

As for driving pleasure, I have driven to hell and back with the Cruisin the Smokies Shelby guys for the last 4 years in the Boss. It is a once a year spirited racing event where North meets South. :drool:

• 8 months later...

I know this is a old post but I'm the lucky person who purchased this car from Stuart Nichols last October. The very first words spoken to me when he picked the phone up was i got a really good deal and i just aggred. After months of research and getting the car back to its glory, well i currently agree with him now 100% I love it more than my other 3 toys. Happy to be here and loving all the knowledgeable people on this site. Thanks

I know this is a old post but I'm the lucky person who purchased this car from Stuart Nichols last October. The very first words spoken to me when he picked the phone up was i got a really good deal and i just aggred. After months of research and getting the car back to its glory, well i currently agree with him now 100% I love it more than my other 3 toys. Happy to be here and loving all the knowledgeable people on this site. Thanks

Wow, you sure did!

I sure hope this is not a trend (the low prices for the 40th's I mean, not gettin the good deals).

Welcome to Team Shelby and the attic Gothick!

Thanks guys. I completely went into the transaction blind and ignorant. I wanted this body style for years and after talking to Stuart on the phone I knew this was the car for me. I have been tending the cosmetic issues and some mechanical issues since I purchasd it. I will post photos soon and the things I have done. Out of honor and respect for Stuart I involved or asked his opinion on every move. Terlingua was on the to do list this year but maybe next.

Edited by Gothick

Thanks guys. I completely went into the transaction blind and ignorant. I wanted this body style for years and after talking to Stuart on the phone I knew this was the car for me. I have been tending the cosmetic issues and some mechanical issues since I purchasd it. I will post photos soon and the things I have done. Out of honor and respect for Stuart I involved or asked his opinion on every move. Terlingua was on the to do list this year but maybe next.

Man! I wish I had the opportunity you did when I bought mine. Miles don't mean shit with Ford...my dd is a 98 Ranger and still running strong...my 07 GT 500 will be my retirement smiley :)

My personal thoughts is every 40th owner should come out of the closet... I mean attic... I'm located in Illinois and would love to start going to a few functions and checking out more 40th cars. I have two 82 GTs red, black all redone and a cheery 74 two door, 400 sb Chevelle that was my very first car 25 years ago. It is very unique and is my family truckster... yes the miles thing didn't scare me much after talking to Stuart. I can't wait for him to see the car now after basically redoing so much on it.

Does anyone have advice on how to load photos on this page or somewere else. Next on my list is a Terlingua or one more 40th car. Honored to be part of this unique special education group!

My personal thoughts is every 40th owner should come out of the closet... I mean attic... I'm located in Illinois and would love to start going to a few functions and checking out more 40th cars. I have two 82 GTs red, black all redone and a cheery 74 two door, 400 sb Chevelle that was my very first car 25 years ago. It is very unique and is my family truckster... yes the miles thing didn't scare me much after talking to Stuart. I can't wait for him to see the car now after basically redoing so much on it.

Does anyone have advice on how to load photos on this page or somewere else. Next on my list is a Terlingua or one more 40th car. Honored to be part of this unique special education group!

Luv the enthusiasm man! ... copy/paste aye :)

Rich,

Did you purchase the black 40th listed on Craig's for $41,500 in Gary IN? I was traveling for work, traded a few messages with the owner and it sold before I could get up there to see it. Nice car, only odd part was it had Shelby hood pins.