TEAM SHELBY FORUM

002 and 411 at Barrett-Jackson Vegas

dan206

Manual shiftin' 002 is up for grabs at Las Vegas...No Reserve!

If at first you don't succeed...411 failed to bring 69 Grand on ebay last April Fools day. The proud owner lowered expectations to a measly 59K, still no sale. Boxed it up and shipped it to Monterey to give Deal Maker Dana and his boy a shot at pedaling the never rented rental car, didn't make the reserve. Decided to play his last card and sent it to Sin City where it will go across Barrett-Jackson's auction block at NO RESERVE.

Tune in to Velocity tomorrow, Saturday the 26th.

Do not be tempted to bid absentee on #411. Check my Barrett Jackson topic for pictures of the paint. It's awful. The hood has horrible "bubbles" in the paint and microscratches all over. Only bid on this car if you get a chance to do a personal inspection. I'll check it again today to see if they've at least tried to buff out the scratches.

Edited by twobjshelbys

Do not be tempted to bid absentee on #411. Check my Barrett Jackson topic for pictures of the paint. It's awful. The hood has horrible "bubbles" in the paint and microscratches all over. Only bid on this car if you get a chance to do a personal inspection. I'll check it again today to see if they've at least tried to buff out the scratches.

Thanks for the heads up. That's good info. I've been leaning towards a low mileage GT-H as of late. I really like the Black/Gold combo !

411 sold for 1/2 as much as the owner had in mind last April Fools day! I won't be surprised if the seller wasn't the final bidder!! We can watch HERTZ II's thread and see if 411 goes back up for sale in the future.

As of this morning #411 is still being advertised for sale on a Chrysler dealers lot for $62k.

http://www.auto.com/cars/Ford-Mustang-GT-2006-1ZVFT82H065262161

Steve

As of this morning #411 is still being advertised for sale on a Chrysler dealers lot for $62k.

http://www.auto.com/cars/Ford-Mustang-GT-2006-1ZVFT82H065262161

Steve

This is an old, outdated ad...probably going back to maybe 2011 (notice mileage @ 1116). The Denham dealership folks also have a Hertz franchise(s) and were eligible to purchase a GT-H under the Licensee program. This is that car and was reportedly on display at the dealership in Redding for a number of years. Not sure when it began appearing on the internet f/s, but I first came across it in 2011, I believe. This ad is similar. It continued to be advertised on the dealership's site as well as other "cars for sale" sites. The mileage crept up slightly and the price dropped slightly over the years. I do believe Denham did sell the car about a year or so ago (where the car was located changed in the ads)?? This past May I recall seeing it on Ebay w/1790 miles. It showed up at Mecum Monterey 2015 in Aug with 2000 miles but didn't reach reserve as I recall. It popped back up again on Ebay shortly after Mecum, and now at BJ's.

Dick

This is an old, outdated ad...probably going back to maybe 2011 (notice mileage @ 1116). The Denham dealership folks also have a Hertz franchise(s) and were eligible to purchase a GT-H under the Licensee program. This is that car and was reportedly on display at the dealership in Redding for a number of years. Not sure when it began appearing on the internet f/s, but I first came across it in 2011, I believe. This ad is similar. It continued to be advertised on the dealership's site as well as other "cars for sale" sites. The mileage crept up slightly and the price dropped slightly over the years. I do believe Denham did sell the car about a year or so ago (where the car was located changed in the ads)?? This past May I recall seeing it on Ebay w/1790 miles. It showed up at Mecum Monterey 2015 in Aug with 2000 miles but didn't reach reserve as I recall. It popped back up again on Ebay shortly after Mecum, and now at BJ's.

Dick

The April ebay auction photos are the same as the B-J photos so it would appear that the seller is the same person from ebay, Mecum and now B-J.

Like someone previously mentioned, I suspect we may see this car for sale again in the near future.

Steve

Edited by shelbymotorsports

• 3 years later...

Bought 411 about a month ago from Celebrity Cars in Las Vegas with 2300 miles on it. Drove it home to Michigan. I am looking for the dash plaque, keychain and 40th anniversary badge if anyone has any info. You can call me at 810-625-6276. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Fauxbra said:

Bought 411 about a month ago from Celebrity Cars in Las Vegas with 2300 miles on it. Drove it home to Michigan. I am looking for the dash plaque, keychain and 40th anniversary badge if anyone has any info. You can call me at 810-625-6276. Thanks!

Right on bro.

QSS