TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bad News SGT sold at Barrett Jackson

larry muskat

A black SGT just sold at Barrett Jackson with 67,000 miles on the clock for $16,000. The only good thing about it is that it was about the tenth car to cross the block ,hopefully not many future buyers saw it but it is the black one the slow one,ha-ha. Just kidding they are all great.

I'll go look at it tonight or tomorrow.

Jer

The SAI Registry show this SGT with an owner from Los Angeles. It also passed a California smog check last month in Los Angeles. This car was also for sale last month on the Los Angeles Craigslist website so not sure why the car has Arizona plates. Perhaps someone from Arizona bought it to flip or ?

Besides the accident it appears this car failed a 2013 California smog check for having tampered with smog equipment but that may not mean anything if the smog tech was clueless about the CAI.

After the seller deducts Barrett-Jackson fee's he will receive a check for $13, xxx something. Probably could have put it on ebay for that price and have cash in his hand already. Now he gets to sit by his mailbox for weeks waiting for B-J to cut him a check.

Steve

The price for SGTs has been all over the place. I don’t really consider a previously wrecked Shelby with that many miles going for 16k to be bad news. People that really want a 2007 or 2008 SGT and know what they are about will pay good money to get the exact car they want. I try to keep pretty close track of sales the 2008 SGT Verts through, Autotrader, Car Max, Cars.com, Team Shelby etc etc, because that’s what I own. I have seen more than two dozen of the 2008 SGT verts sell anywhere from 19k to 34k over the past year or so depending on options and mileage. That’s a pretty wide swing but nothing new. The 2007 SGTs seem to have a pretty wide swing in prices as well. As always, the good ones are gonna bring the upper end price and the high miles/wrecked/un-kept ones are going to be snapped up at the low end of the price range. If the this SGT mentioned was not highly damaged and repaired properly then somebody got a pretty good deal at the auction on an 2007 SGT Coupe. Not really bad news here. This sale won’t affect overall values of SGTs one bit. The sky is not falling, the world is still turning, and nobody died.

I do think Steve(shelbymotorsports) is right that the seller may have come out better overall selling it on Ebay…..or perhaps even Autotrader or maybe even posting it on TS.

The price for SGTs has been all over the place. I don’t really consider a previously wrecked Shelby with that many miles going for 16k to be bad news. People that really want a 2007 or 2008 SGT and know what they are about will pay good money to get the exact car they want. I try to keep pretty close track of sales the 2008 SGT Verts through, Autotrader, Car Max, Cars.com, Team Shelby etc etc, because that’s what I own. I have seen more than two dozen of the 2008 SGT verts sell anywhere from 19k to 34k over the past year or so depending on options and mileage. That’s a pretty wide swing but nothing new. The 2007 SGTs seem to have a pretty wide swing in prices as well. As always, the good ones are gonna bring the upper end price and the high miles/wrecked/un-kept ones are going to be snapped up at the low end of the price range. If the this SGT mentioned was not highly damaged and repaired properly then somebody got a pretty good deal at the auction on an 2007 SGT Coupe. Not really bad news here. This sale won’t affect overall values of SGTs one bit. The sky is not falling, the world is still turning, and nobody died.

I do think Steve(shelbymotorsports) is right that the seller may have come out better overall selling it on Ebay…..or perhaps even Autotrader or maybe even posting it on TS.

Agreed on all counts.

Jer

In my opinion this SGT got more time on the block, along with additional sales hype, than a regular auction car would have. The bidding stalled at $14k so instead of bringing the gavel down Steve Davis chimed in with his normal B-J sales fluffery adding that this car should be selling for $28k

Well if it was such a deal why didn't Mr. Davis buy the car? He might have won a $28k car for only $16.5 For some reason the Arizona license plates have me more concerned about the seller of this car.

Although this car looks great in the auction photos and up on the stage I would say that $16k was market value for a SGT with accident history and the miles on the odometer.

On a more positive note, if the accident was minor and repaired properly someone was able to get into an authentic Shelby for not much money.

Steve

With an accident and 67k, I wouldn't have bid on it at that price. There are still better cars to be had. Yep, it'll cost a bit more to get one but it wouldn't have issues and it would be a much lower miles car. Now if I was going to race it, then this might be a great buy. Just sayin'......

Thats ok because i don't ever plan to sell my 2008 GT/SC the car is just too good. The only thing i would consider is if Ford offered the 5.2 in a crate i might do an engine swap then my 2008 is perfect. The 4.6 is ok but it has limitations

Well if it was such a deal why didn't Mr. Davis buy the car? He might have won a $28k car for only $16.5 For some reason the Arizona license plates have me more concerned about the seller of this car.

I was at Scottsdale when a Barrett Jackson edition SGT went across the block. Steve Davis was at the helm and made the announcement that Craig Jackson was in the skybox and would be bidding on the car. The car sold for more than I expected, but I think it was because Craig and the eventual buyer got into a "I want it worse than you" and Craig called uncle first. But I think if Craig had not been bidding the price would have been a lot lower.

The difference here was that Craig didn't do it from the block.

Just looked it over in person. Extremely rough, lousy repair job, perhaps one of the most tired SGTs I've seen. I wouldn't buy it for $10k. Sad. And no indication of SGT values. You can all rest easy.

Jer

Thats ok because i don't ever plan to sell my 2008 GT/SC the car is just too good. The only thing i would consider is if Ford offered the 5.2 in a crate i might do an engine swap then my 2008 is perfect. The 4.6 is ok but it has limitations

You would NOT be dissatisfied with the 46X Aluminator, I guarantee it.

The paint is truly horrible... the airbag obviously blew out and was sloppily stitched back in place.... the hood pins were replaced with unlabeled Scott Drake parts, etc etc etc... this car has no impact on the value of a Shelby GT...

Jer

Screen Shot 2015-09-25 at 8.57.30 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-25 at 8.57.41 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-25 at 8.57.49 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-25 at 8.57.59 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-25 at 8.58.05 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-25 at 8.58.12 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-25 at 8.58.22 PM.jpg

The paint is truly horrible... the airbag obviously blew out and was sloppily stitched back in place.... the hood pins were replaced with unlabeled Scott Drake parts, etc etc etc... this car has no impact on the value of a Shelby GT...

Jer

Wow, you weren't kidding, that looks terrible. 16K, someone got robbed.

Tony, I just saw that on the Countach... what the Hell was the reserve on THAT?

Damn......

Jer

Jer

Jer, thank you for posting those pics. I was hoping that the "accident" was minor but I guess not. This helps explain why B-J made the accident history announcement when it is common knowledge that B-J rarely discloses such details.

Also don't forget the buyer is paying more than $16k as there will be another 8 or 10% buyers fee tacked on so for around $17.5 this car was not "well bought".

Steve

Yea I know considering a few options even the GT500 5.8 and been looking for totaled GT500's to grab the engine.

I love my GT/SC but very jealous of the newer Mustangs with far more HP I mean take any 2015 slap a supercharger on it and you're at 624hp. If SAI actually builds any new Shelby GT's they're over 600hp, the Roush's are over 600hp and the new GT350's at what 520 without a blower so yea been considering it cause i'd never sell it no matter what.

But then again it may stay as is​

Jer

I would worry about that air bag....

saw it in person with Jer tired is more than fair statement. There were chunks of clean coming off the hood, looks like someone threw sand in the clear as they applied the clear. Looks like some of the black paint had been sprayed dry, seats were rough engine bay was dirty, rolled up hard and put away wet

Yea I know considering a few options even the GT500 5.8 and been looking for totaled GT500's to grab the engine.

I love my GT/SC but very jealous of the newer Mustangs with far more HP I mean take any 2015 slap a supercharger on it and you're at 624hp. If SAI actually builds any new Shelby GT's they're over 600hp, the Roush's are over 600hp and the new GT350's at what 520 without a blower so yea been considering it cause i'd never sell it no matter what.

But then again it may stay as is​

Archived