TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Let's go road racing boys!!

mikspny

Hi guys. Have not been participating in the forum at all for months. Thought I 'd just check in and say hello. I've been racing in SCCA with my Mustang in the ITE class. Have not missed a race for the season and we are tied 10th in the standings. This is my rookie year. The car is reliable and fast. The heat is on (getting hot out here) so the car is in the shop for an oil cooler and a bigger radiator. Soooo many things have been done to the car since I spoke with you all. We are the only stang out there and it has been fun shocking everyone with our car of choice.

Is anyone going to Miller Motorsports Park for the SAAC 32? I will race my car in the late model race Sunday, so if any of you are going to be there be sure to cheer me on....hey, someone has to bring up the rear! And losing to another Mustang is okay by me.

Hi there mikspny. Way to go on the racing and the license! How much does your stang weigh now? Hope they haven't penalized you like they have the FR500c in the Koni Challenge. Wish I could be there but Moabman is exiled to Texas right now. I would love to see your current mods. Please let us know how you are doing in the standings. We would love to see any pictures from any of the races.

Hi there mikspny. Way to go on the racing and the license! How much does your stang weigh now? Hope they haven't penalized you like they have the FR500c in the Koni Challenge. Wish I could be there but Moabman is exiled to Texas right now. I would love to see your current mods. Please let us know how you are doing in the standings. We would love to see any pictures from any of the races.

I knew you'd reply. Not too many interested in this topic. Have never participated in any forums other than this one but you are about the only one interested. I'll get the kids to bed and send you an updated list. I can tell you the car with me is 3414 lbs. The ITE class is a free for all so I can do what I want. Unfortunately so does my competition...so we are heavy with 300 horses. They are the same at 800hp or same hp with 1000 less pounds. That being said I am racing, learning how to race and not doing too bad!

Ahhh, my Shelby GT500 has almost 10,000 miles and I love it!!!! No more track time for this car but I love driving it!! I feel sorry for all the guys who are still having trouble getting one.

Guess my visions of just becoming a better driver and outdriving my 800hp buddies is just a fantasy!!

:hysterical2: I've got a plaque up at work that's appropriate: "Pray to God but row towards shore" Translated to this situation, it means: Become the next Dan Gurney but slap the Cammer in. Oops, I forgot, also get rid of 200 lbs... :happy feet:

Nice to hear from you Mikspny. Glad you are doing well and improving on your driving. I'm not sure I understand what kind of class you are running in out there. sounds like is's not exactly a level playing field. Must be a lot of fun though.

I just attended the GrandAm race at Limerock in CT. All cammer powered Stangs against the M3's & 997's some 350z's . A lot of fender banging...rough out there. I hope your able to stay away from all that.

Your living the dream my friend.........have fun ,stay safe and God bless.

George......

Congrats, Bro! Show 'em what a Mustang can do!

Your car sounds "ready!"

Got any links to that series? Love to read more about it.

Pics - Pics - Pics!

Do I like road racing?

Here's my previous ride.

post-4913-1181911441_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1181911441_thumb.jpg

Man! I would love to see you mix it up with the kids at Miller Motorsports Park, but too far west for this race nut. I would love to be out there with you and maybe some day that will come to be. Just not in the near future.

And, uh, George. I was at Lime Rock... hangin' with the #59 / #52 teams (Rehagen Racing). That was a beautiful day even though the Stangs finished no higher than 8th. Not a horsepower track, fo' sure. Still, I had a blast. Going to The Glen and VIR for sure, with an outside possibility of Quebec. We should hook up on one of these tracks.

For pics of Lime Rock... http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=8558

mikspny... good luck this season. Keep us posted... Awesome opportunity.... enjoy your track time!

Man! I would love to see you mix it up with the kids at Miller Motorsports Park, but too far west for this race nut. I would love to be out there with you and maybe some day that will come to be. Just not in the near future.

And, uh, George. I was at Lime Rock... hangin' with the #59 / #52 teams (Rehagen Racing). That was a beautiful day even though the Stangs finished no higher than 8th. Not a horsepower track, fo' sure. Still, I had a blast. Going to The Glen and VIR for sure, with an outside possibility of Quebec. We should hook up on one of these tracks.

For pics of Lime Rock... http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=8558

mikspny... good luck this season. Keep us posted... Awesome opportunity.... enjoy your track time!

I wish I knew you were there at the time I would have made it a point to look you up. I did notice howerer thet the GO Roush car was slipping and sliding alot through the esse's. Too bad the #37 and #5 & #52 Stangs running3rd & 4th &5th got caught in the pits when a yellow came out putting them a lap down. Could never make it up after that. The BMW team had great drivers also , that makes a huge difference in the outcome.

post-54-1181926365_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181926460_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181926530_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181926611_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181926761_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181927400_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181926365_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181926460_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181926530_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181926611_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181926761_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181927400_thumb.jpg

Congrats, Bro! Show 'em what a Mustang can do!

Your car sounds "ready!"

Got any links to that series? Love to read more about it.

Pics - Pics - Pics!

Do I like road racing?

Here's my previous ride.

Ruf, I thought of you when I saw this one so I took a pic for you.... your fav color. :hysterical:

Notice the fruit in the backround.

post-54-1181927212_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181927212_thumb.jpg

Archived