TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 Barrett Jackson Las Vegas Car Show at Gaudin Ford

twobjshelbys

A few photos from the show yesterday. The show is held on the grounds of Gaudin Ford. The dealership is one of a large family of brands owned by Gary Ackerman. He has quite a large car collection (those that drove the Road Rally at the 2014 Ford GT Rally got to see it.)

Inside the dealership were two of the Shelby Daytona Coupes.

DSC_4945_zpsef9l5ewz.jpg

This one is #1 of the 50th Anniversary cars in aluminum.

DSC_4948_zpsvajbmc1e.jpg

The hood stripe is brushed into the aluminum. The rest of the car is polished. This is a Kirkham thing. It's a very high maintenance task to keep a polished alloy car "polished". Anyone whose seen the fingerprints on the unpainted alloy car at the Shelby museum in Vegas knows - there are always fingerprints on it.

DSC_4949_zps92inojqv.jpg

I hardly ever take a picture of my car :)

DSC_4951_zpsrcpl55m2.jpg

The Ford GT guys aren't the only ones that do an annual "meet and greet". These cars are all 200x Mercury Marauders, from all over the country. This year their group is meeting here and specifically put this show and the auction on their itinerary. It's their 13th event.

DSC_4952_zps9gnn7eyn.jpg

DSC_4953_zpsudcscdhv.jpg

The Shelby American team and their vehicles were well represented

DSC_4955_zpsn4epaqw5.jpg

Gary Bennett, Steve Davis and Gary Ackerman presenting the awards.

DSC_4961_zpsfglny1ml.jpg

Every year the entrance fees go to a fundraiser for the Grant A Gift Autism Foundation sponsored by Gaudin. The Barrett Jackson company made a sizeable donation as well. The foundation in turn has presented to Barrett Jackson this plaque made by the kids.

DSC_4967_zpsucrhbkew.jpg

The annual show is at Gaudin Ford on Sat, 19-Jun. The show goes from 9:00AM to 1:00PM. Gates open at 7:00 for staging. Registration is $20/vehicle proceeds to Grant A Gift.

The flyer says the first 100 registrants receive two free tickets to the BJ auction.

I thought you meant next year on June 19, sorry I missed it.