TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hurting Values Now?

Everyone has their opinion of values. The 2011 gt350 built by Shelby American will be worth double what the new mass produced ford gt350's simply because their were very few built. Its simple supply and demand. And remember most of the 2011 cars were personally signed by Mr.Shelby as well. Any collector will want a real shelby, not a ford car with shelby badges. Look at what the 1965 shelby gt350's are worth. History always repeats itself, set back and see what happens in 50 years......

Everyone has their opinion of values. The 2011 gt350 built by Shelby American will be worth double what the new mass produced ford gt350's simply because their were very few built. Its simple supply and demand. And remember most of the 2011 cars were personally signed by Mr.Shelby as well. Any collector will want a real shelby, not a ford car with shelby badges. Look at what the 1965 shelby gt350's are worth. History always repeats itself, set back and see what happens in 50 years......

You meant like the 1968KR? LOL. Yea we have this real conversation a lot. Hell, Carrol said they are all Real, but, you guys wont even take his word although I doubt you would have had the courage to argue with him.

As far as tracking, having driven both, yea, 100 hoursepower or not, on most tracks the new GT350 will take the 11-14 stock for stock. Likely on the longer tracks, the previous generation would prevail although I would love to see those horsepowere ratings after 20 minutes of hard tracking.

Please dont take this as anything negative about the 11-14 GT350. I love them. I do see them being hurt by the new GT350 but I think they will in the long run, stay very strong.

Edited by svttim

These cars we're made to be driven not garage Queens!

Way too many times low mileage cars go on the auction block to take a huge hit in price.

I agree for newer ones, but the Ford GT success at huge price increases with low miles tend to influence people on these low production newer ones. A Ford GT Heritage Edition went for "only" $425K because it had the excessive miles of 1250.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

The 2011 GT350 with 5000 miles at Mecum in Houston sold for $70,000. Add the buyers premium and the values are holding fairly well. Lot S18 was a 525 HP model, options:

Museum delivered car from Shelby American Las Vegas
- Custom interior upgrade
- Shelby/Baer 6-piston rear brake upgrade
- Shelby high performance cooling system
- Painted racing stripes
- Polished Shelby/Ford racing Whipple Supercharger
- Upgraded Ford factory navigation electronic and comfort package from factory

The 2011 GT350 with 5000 miles at Mecum in Houston sold for $70,000. Add the buyers premium and the values are holding fairly well. Lot S18 was a 525 HP model, options:

Museum delivered car from Shelby American Las Vegas

- Custom interior upgrade

- Shelby/Baer 6-piston rear brake upgrade

- Shelby high performance cooling system

- Painted racing stripes

- Polished Shelby/Ford racing Whipple Supercharger

- Upgraded Ford factory navigation electronic and comfort package from factory

If it sold for $70k then its batting .500 because some have sold less in low $60k's and the ones above $80k with very rare history haven't sold at all

I said it at the beginning the price on the new GT350 is killing the value of the 12-14 GT350's and the 11 45th Annv. GT350 is swimming around in a circle and may be some time before we see the real value on the 2011's

Interestingly, Lot #1102, a 2012 FORD SHELBY GT350 CONVERTIBLE (Red) sold at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale in January for $100,000, plus buyer's premium (10%).

it was a low CSM # (6) and very low miles

prices at Barrett seem to be higher than at other auctions, however

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I've read a lot of the comments here. Right off the bat all pony's are great cars! I own a 2017 GT350 and love it. I respect all Pony's (1964 1/2) to the soon to be 2020 pony's. It's a hit and miss on getting a particular year that holds it value.    The future our cars looks great with the GT500 coming out soon.  Ride on...