TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CAI/ Pulley Emmissions Tune

funkyon4wheels

New here and from what I've read this place seems like a wealth of knowledge. I hope y'all can help me out. I have a bit of a dilemma. My dad recently purchased a 2010 GT500. I do all the work on his cars unless they're under warranty. He bought it from a car lot and they can't get it to pass the Pa emissions inspection. It will not reset the emissions readiness monitors. I did a little digging and found a sct scanner in the trunk. After a little more searching I noticed it had a steeda pulley on the supercharger. It also has a cai but I believe that is factory.

I took the scanner and reverted it back to the stock tune because I'm assuming the sct tune had the rear 02 sensors turned off and now I'm second guessing myself because I've read that you have to have a tune to account for the extra air from the cai and pulley. If you don't it can lean the a/f ratio out and cause damage. But what if its the stock cai? Would the maf be able to keep up with the extra demands of the pulley?

Any and all advice would be appreciated. This stuff is a bit over my head and I'm trying to wrap my head around it.

Thanks, Mike

Put it back to the stock tune, and drive it around for about 50 miles to get the readiness monitors set. Stay out of boost though, and you will be fine. I had to do the same thing last year to get mine to pass. I have similar mods as you, but just stayed out of boost, and the car passed. Then I reflashed it back to the performance tune the minute I left the station.

Awesome. Thanks, I believe its the stock intake and maf. I'll tell him to stay out of the boost and drive it a couple miles to get the monitors to reset. Then switch it back over after it passes emissions. In the future i'll probably be looking for a emissions friendly tune just so I don't have to go thru the hassle of switching the tunes back and forth every year so if anybody has any recommendations i'm all ears.

Thanks, Mike

Archived