TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford GT350 R beats the Camaro Z28

ViperNC

Target should be Porsche not the Camaro. They need to raise the profile especially if they want to go global. I think the gt350r would compare well and the price point is way better. By comparing to the Camaro it's almost like saying it won't match up to the Porsche.

Columnist seems like a bit of an ass especially when there is clear video of the zl1 lapping slower than the gt500 in Germany.

GT350R @ MSRP not going to happen as of 9/8/15 . If so ....let's see the order form. 95% of the non R Shelby's have ADM's . Test the market if you don't believe me. 3000 dealers and most are getting 1 350. For every 3 GT350's allocation you get 1 R. For the dealers who only get 1 350 there is the lottery. The 2016 R is a very limited production car @ 500 units .This is what I read from a ford source.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll stick with my latest acquisition (2014 Shelby SVT Cobra GT-500 PPTP over the Shelby GT-350R).......... totally satisfied with this vehicle.

The new GT350 and R is going to be an awesome car. A step above the Boss LS for sure in performance. It likely will be due in large part to the huge rubber shoes they will be wearing. The Boss was under tired if you ask me. Likely could cut the Delta significantly for the Boss with wider R compound rubber but the GT350 is still a step beyond and the next generation.

Truth is 99% of the guys tracking the Boss can't drive that car at it's full potential and a Boss driven at or near its potential would walk away from them in their GT350 based on their mediocre driving abilities. It's 80% percent driver.

I will say that the major difference between the Z28 and the Boss was tires again. Put sticker wider meats on the Boss and its almost right there. Better springs and Konis your there.

I was running easily with 2007 to 2010 GT3's (not Cups but regular GT3s) at track days with my Boss. Ran with 1LE's all day long.

GT350's will be fetching I would bet anywhere from $5000 to $10,000 ADMs for some time. Maybe even $15,000 with some dealers for the R. Ford knows this is going to happen with their dealers and is the reason why they have taken away the new Ford GT from dealer and will be selling that car direct to customers. Can you imagine the ADM on the new FTGT if dealers got them! Easily twice list.

I will wait until the GT350 starts showing up on the used market before I buy one if I decide to get one.

I like to go in the opposite direction of the crowds and be different. With a lot of guys looking to dump their Boss (one of the Best Mustangs ever built) to ready themselves for the new GT350 (latest and greatest and no doubt the greatest Mustang built to date) I picked up a near new Boss LS with only 1000 miles on the clock in Ingot Silver which was one of the first 46 produced so the vin matches the LS number for a terrific price. There are only 1500 Boss LS's and only 133 in Ingot Silver. Will likely be at end of GT350 production 20,000 GT350 and 7500 to 10,000 R's.

Archived