TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Baby has new Shoes

I've had a set of AMR GT-4's on the car for the last 4+ years, 18x9 up front and 18x10's in the rear with 275/40/18 Nitto 555's on the front and 285/40/18 Nitto 555's in the rear. I looked at several wheel options and finally settled on a set of SVE Dark Stainless in 18x10's with Nitto NTO5's in 295/35/18. Looking forward to see how she feels on the track with the new rubber, the BMR watts and the Koni yellows.

GT4's and the tires will be up for sale shortly.

Here is a picture of the new then the old

FullSizeRender.jpg

SGT side GT4.jpg

Did you also put 295/35/18 on the front ? I'm looking at getting some 285/40/18 Continental Extreme DW's on my 9.5 inch Steeda wheels, but I am worried about rubbing. It's a 27" tire. Right now I'm running 275/35/18 BFG R1's and it's only a 25" inch tire but there is plenty, if not too much, space in the wheel well.

Btw looks good. I almost went with the same wheels, but I think I'm just going to get some rubber right now.

Did you also put 295/35/18 on the front ? I'm looking at getting some 285/40/18 Continental Extreme DW's on my 9.5 inch Steeda wheels, but I am worried about rubbing. It's a 27" tire. Right now I'm running 275/35/18 BFG R1's and it's only a 25" inch tire but there is plenty, if not too much, space in the wheel well.

Btw looks good. I almost went with the same wheels, but I think I'm just going to get some rubber right now.

Yes I went 295/35 on all fours. I need to have the front end alignment checked as I recently put new struts on the car, but in about 50-60 street miles no rubbing. Even at full lock no problems. I talked with some guys on the S197 Forum "corner carver" section and I have a couple of credit cards of space between tire and strut which seems to be sufficient. The NT05's are a smidge over 26" tall.

Yes I went 295/35 on all fours. I need to have the front end alignment checked as I recently put new struts on the car, but in about 50-60 street miles no rubbing. Even at full lock no problems. I talked with some guys on the S197 Forum "corner carver" section and I have a couple of credit cards of space between tire and strut which seems to be sufficient. The NT05's are a smidge over 26" tall.

Wow that's cutting it close. Good to know.

Archived