TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 - MSRP or close?

SLB8SNK

Seems even though we are just starting to see the order banks open for 2008, prices have been all over the place. For those that have ordered, what was your deal? MSRP, or over and by how much, and in what state and city.

I am just trying to get a feel for the market and see if different areas are getting better pricing. Thus far from what I have read 5 over seems to be the average.

I am still hoping to make my deal ( I think I am close thanks to a friend ) but have yet to get confirmation.

Any help!

I don't know that I would agree that 5k over is the average. I was lucky to get that here in Phoenix but have been unable to find another car at that for someone else. There are several members here looking for a 5k over deal and not finding one. Order banks for 08's have been open for what, almost three months?? If 08 is indeed the final year of production as has been stated, I think they may be hard to come by and we may see ADM's increase. Don't kill me for saying this, just speculating.

What part of the country are you in?

I got an MSRP deal on mine, but only because I waited. I've had a deposit down for 21 months. I was third on my dealers list for an '07, but they only got 2 cars. Both their '07's were sold at MSRP (a good friend bought their #2 car). So, I'm getting their first '08 at the original MSRP deal. They did offer my deposit back at least half a dozen times, but I replied that I would just wait.

The order was placed 05-09-07. Don't know about the delivery date yet, but they got the 2 last year in Sept and Oct.

Dave C

I don't know that I would agree that 5k over is the average. I was lucky to get that here in Phoenix but have been unable to find another car at that for someone else. There are several members here looking for a 5k over deal and not finding one. Order banks for 08's have been open for what, almost three months?? If 08 is indeed the final year of production as has been stated, I think they may be hard to come by and we may see ADM's increase. Don't kill me for saying this, just speculating.

What part of the country are you in?

Agree

I don't think 5K is or will be the avg ADM

Well I paid 5 over for my 2008. Even though I swore up and down that I wouldn't pay any ADM. I just couldn't handle it anymore.

That was the lowest I could find in California, by far. The average ADM price that I located in California was around 15-20K.

I even found one dealer that was selling one for $224,000. It was very common for me to find one in the 25 over range and 30 over is still quite common in my area.

This is what I am getting at... I think 5k over MSRP is getting pretty close to being normal. I see and read these deal all day. However, markets dictate.... you just have to do some work I guess. So let me really get things going, I see some buying at MSRP.... does anyone thing these will EVER go at less? Meaning, even some 2007's? Of will they al hold at MSRP.

This is what I am getting at... I think 5k over MSRP is getting pretty close to being normal. I see and read these deal all day. However, markets dictate.... you just have to do some work I guess. So let me really get things going, I see some buying at MSRP.... does anyone thing these will EVER go at less? Meaning, even some 2007's? Of will they al hold at MSRP.

If 2008 is truly the last year, I don't see less than MSRP. There are a lot of people waiting to pay sticker. IF 2009 happens, some of them will likely go less.

$5K over is not even close to normal. Those are far few and between. The one's you see for that are just a very rare and from a few select buyers on these sites that have been looking and searching for months.

The norm is in the $10K - $15K range. There are dealers still buying from dealers for $10K - $15K over because they have buyers willing to pay more.

I'm a dealer and I can hardly find any for $5K over and the couple I did find I passed on to members on this site. The lowest was $6K over and a few were $10K over.

So anything under $10K over is good. I doubt you will see MSRP on these muchless anything below that. And if they ever did get to MSRP you would likely have a hard time getting one unless you are a very good customer of the dealership because they would all be sold to their customers locally or their employees would buy one.

If it wasn't for the ADM's on these many of the people that got one would have never been able to get it otherwise.

I predict the ADM's will go higher as they get near the end of the 08 production. I think the best deals will be had between Oct - Feb during the winter months. After that they will skyrocket again. This is only my personal prediction though. Anything can happen and only time will tell.

A used one with 1100 miles on it just brought $55,300 at an auction. That is more than $10K over what it cost new.

So yes, it takes a LOT of work to find one in the $5K over range. It takes beating the bushes everyday and calling every dealer you can.

Wow then hats off to the 5k under crowd. I was thinking that was the case, and I guess if you think about it, with the nearly 8,000 to 9,000 sold for 2007, the vast majority probably sold for 10k over. So you are probably pretty close in saying 5k is the bargain price, anything less is amazing. Also, I would agree that if they state 100% that the 2008 is the last model year, that will increase the race and up the ADM. Silly little game we are playing here, and funny thing is we are beating ourselves up as we indeed are the ones hiking the prices haha! I hope all the guys who hope to buy (including me) can get one at a price they can live with as that will make the dream much better. I still like to hear about the deals as it give us all hope!

I completely agree with SD. I spent almost 2 years looking for a deal and a dealer willing to work with me. 21 Months to be exact.

I just read in the newspaper this morning that Califrnia is going to sue regarding tougher standard for cars. The govenator wants more strigent standards then the feds want. While this plays out in court it's just another thing to deal with regarding HP and cars.

On a good note, I got my DORA today :yahoo:

I got mine at MSRP. My situation is similar to Dave C. I waited on a list that has sold all cars at MSRP.

You don't "got" it yet.

I am hoping that all you 2008 MSRP buyers are treated well. many 2007 buyers thought they had a MSRP deal...only to get the shaft.

ouch that hurt.... ok well if you take a look, and I am sure you have, there have been more deals of late at 5k over than most any other. I am not talking about deals older than 60 days, I am talking current. I also know I have spoken to dealers with 2007's on lots who are willing to sell at 5k, however you get what they have, and I do not want to settle, thus am still looking. I am not sure where you are located, but try dealers in IN, IL, and the midwest!

ouch that hurt.... ok well if you take a look, and I am sure you have, there have been more deals of late at 5k over than most any other. I am not talking about deals older than 60 days, I am talking current. I also know I have spoken to dealers with 2007's on lots who are willing to sell at 5k, however you get what they have, and I do not want to settle, thus am still looking. I am not sure where you are located, but try dealers in IN, IL, and the midwest!

I am in IL and all the dealers around me are at $15K - $25K over.

I found one that agreed to take $6K - $7K over which I gave to someone from this site. One other that I found that another member here was able to get for $10K over.

All the rest I have talked to are $15K - $25K over. 07 or 08 it doesn't matter.

BTW, just exactly how many have you found willing to sell for $5K over???

Why don't you post those dealers and what they have for other members here? There are a lot here that would love to get one for $5K over.

BTW, there are only 31 coupes and 10 convertibles in the entire State of IL and that is out of 172 dealers.

In IN there are only 13 coupes and 7 convertibles and that is out of 103 dealers.

If you can find them for $5K over then buy it! Or at least post the dealers willing to sell one for that.

Shelbydude, let me re-word that.... almost every dealer I have called and who agreed to 5k over, has a list, some from last year, who will indeed get the cars at that price. However, there have been several deals I have seen on the net, over forums and such, whereas people are getting these deals in other states as well. Bottom line, if you are one of those looking for a deal, and willing to accept one off a lot, I think these deals are out there with the right negotiation. If however you are like me, looking for a specific car, then you will indeed either have to pay the additional ADM or wait and hope for the right deal. I am not saying ALL dealers are selling at 5k over, I am just saying they are out there. I am working on a couple deals right now, once I land my deal and have a signed contract in hand a deposit given, I will be more than HAPPY to help anyone out on this site. Trust me, I feel the pain as this is my thrid go around and a deal gone bad. Therefore, before I give out a dealer name, I want to be assured they will be fair. I have had the same respect given (you know who you are), thus will give back.

Shelbydude, let me re-word that.... almost every dealer I have called and who agreed to 5k over, has a list, some from last year, who will indeed get the cars at that price. However, there have been several deals I have seen on the net, over forums and such, whereas people are getting these deals in other states as well. Bottom line, if you are one of those looking for a deal, and willing to accept one off a lot, I think these deals are out there with the right negotiation. If however you are like me, looking for a specific car, then you will indeed either have to pay the additional ADM or wait and hope for the right deal. I am not saying ALL dealers are selling at 5k over, I am just saying they are out there. I am working on a couple deals right now, once I land my deal and have a signed contract in hand a deposit given, I will be more than HAPPY to help anyone out on this site. Trust me, I feel the pain as this is my thrid go around and a deal gone bad. Therefore, before I give out a dealer name, I want to be assured they will be fair. I have had the same respect given (you know who you are), thus will give back.

Well dealers with a list of people already waiting is not something I would count. Those are all obviously dealers that agreed to sell for that early on and are honoring what they said. They have more buyers than cars to sell.

What I am saying is if you find a dealer that has one sitting on the lot that they are willing to sell for $5K over and that is not a car you want then post the dealer and car here so someone else can get it.

Since that is not the car you want and that dealer is not one you would be buying from then, what difference does it make if you found what you are looking for yet? You won't be buying it. That dealer obviously doesn't have what you want, so post the dealer name and the color of the car they have sitting there that they are willing to take $5K over. How would doing this affect what you are looking for?

BTW, what exactly are you looking for?

GOT MSRP ON 2008 DEPOSIT DOWN 1 YEAR AGO ONLY 1 CAR FOR SOUTH LOUISIANA DEALER BAY CI

TY FORD ABBEVILLE LA. LAFAYETTE DEALER IS FIRM AT 15K ADM WILL NOT TAKE ANY LESS

Seems even though we are just starting to see the order banks open for 2008, prices have been all over the place. For those that have ordered, what was your deal? MSRP, or over and by how much, and in what state and city.

I am just trying to get a feel for the market and see if different areas are getting better pricing. Thus far from what I have read 5 over seems to be the average.

I am still hoping to make my deal ( I think I am close thanks to a friend ) but have yet to get confirmation.

Any help!

As posted on your other thread, my deal is for a car that I spec'd. However I visited two local dealers with a friend of mine who is starting to get the bug, White/Blue coupe 25K over... Red/White coupe 15K over.

BTW I live in Southern New York

You don't "got" it yet.

I am hoping that all you 2008 MSRP buyers are treated well. many 2007 buyers thought they had a MSRP deal...only to get the shaft.

Sorry. I stand corrected. I got my DEAL at MSRP. They have a chance to screw me still and take it away before the car gets here. They know where I stand on price. They called me to tell me they had a car coming that fit my specs. They even changed a few of the options to fit exactly what I wanted. They could have just let it come in and sell it above MSRP if they wanted to. They have sold all of theirs at MSRP. Don't see any reason they would change that now. Even if they did, they would not have called me to jerk my chain and then sell it out from under me.

The only reason...is Greed.

I don't disagree with that. They know how much they can get. They are choosing to sell to local loyal customers and keep their business running in the future. They know I will be replacing my truck, wife's van and buying my 3 kids cars all in the next 8 years. Not to mention service, parts and referals.

I have to admit, I'm still nervous about it. When I think it over, it just does not make sense as to why they would have called me about this car if they intend to do otherwise with it. I guess we'll see in about 2-3 months.

All I can say is after two years of waiting anything can happen, but deals are out there for anyone who wants to work for ti and is willing to settle and ttravel.

Shelbydude, I already gave you my specs on another post. You did a search of all 2007's and confirmed none match, thus I am searching for my 2008 deal. I was looking for a leaded black on black vert all options minus the sat radio and nav.

Again I am close on a could deals, as well several others are. Once we get our sealed I am sure there will be car deals posted for those not picked. I for one intend to share!

BTW, just exactly how many have you found willing to sell for $5K over???

Why don't you post those dealers and what they have for other members here? There are a lot here that would love to get one for $5K over.

BTW, there are only 31 coupes and 10 convertibles in the entire State of IL and that is out of 172 dealers.

In IN there are only 13 coupes and 7 convertibles and that is out of 103 dealers.

If you can find them for $5K over then buy it! Or at least post the dealers willing to sell one for that.

Here are a couple.

Our Site

I am working three deals, two at 5k over and one at MSRP. Hope to pen it today. If so, will post the other deals for the forum to follow up on. Trust I want to share what I can, but want to seal my deal first... sorry, just makes sense.

OK It's official. I just got word that I am will soon be the owner of a 2008 Shelby Black on Black Vert.... and at MSRP!!!!! I told you all that the deals are out there... don't give up! Also, I promised to share a few deals I was working on at 5k over (we can't all get MSRP) However, the person most instramental in these connections will be the one updating the group as I hate to steal his thunder!!! You know who you are.... and I can't say enough about your giving way! Thanks for all!

Archived