TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 SuperSnake: Photos From Tulsa

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Super Snake looks very good but like many here, I believe a few items could be improved, namely the hood pins and black side window covers. I would aso like to see the SHELBY lettering on the hood just like the KR. On the other hand, the wheels look awsome, the hood itself is very nice and the stripe package looks better than I expected.

Overall, I prefer the look of the KR, which is just about perfect IMHO. The SS is still very nice though.

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES ! :happy feet:

Very cool looking.

One question, appears that the front hood scoop is not functional, Why add the projections to the car if they are not functional, JMOP

Nice decision on not adding Shelby badging across the front of the hood and extending the striping. Makes it look a lot more classy looking than the KR hood.

I also dont think that they should add the super snake writing into the striping, if anyhting they should add a nice matching Super Snake writing type emblem under the Cobra and forget about the added square badging next to the Cobras, Again JMOP.

Very cool looking.

One question, appears that the front hood scoop is not functional, Why add the projections to the car if they are not functional, JMOP

Nice decision on not adding Shelby badging across the front of the hood and extending the striping. Makes it look a lot more classy looking than the KR hood.

I also dont think that they should add the super snake writing into the striping, if anyhting they should add a nice matching Super Snake writing type emblem under the Cobra and forget about the added square badging next to the Cobras, Again JMOP.

I believe that the hood scoops will be functional in the final version ( at least I hope so too ) and I think the side stripes and badging are a final decision.

The Super Snake looks very good but like many here, I believe a few items could be improved, namely the hood pins and black side window covers. ....

SSnake hood and rear-quarter windows are NOT FINAL versions... click link below-- buried in another thread, I almost overlooked this comment from AMY B posted yesterday (Friday June 15th):

*See post #15

I think Amy and the boys over at SAI,where trying their hardest to get the "prototype" SS to to Tulsa show in time, which I would like to commend them for doing with such short notice. Excellent job guys! :drool: Now that would explain the different questions folks have been asking about,or wanting to change (hood,and final tweeks). I'm sure before its all said and done ,there will be even a more improved and functional,(as well as looking) SS hood, amoung other final tweeks being done in the pkg. And then the exciting part for me, the actual performance #'s on track and dyno,etc soon to be following I'm sure! :shades: OOO YEAAA!!! :yahoo:

guys, a FEW THOUGHTS

THE HOOD PINS ON THE ORIGINAL SS WERE PINS, NOT THE SPRING LOADED, THIS CAR WILL not have the spring loaded like theKR,

The hood on the super snake is functional

There is no white on the stripes

The SS will have side scoops, the flat black plates are an option, the scoops weren't ready

This is not a cheap version of the KR, itis its own car, if you like it great, if you don't fine, don't insult it, there are plenty of people who like it. The KR is made by us and the SS is done by us, neither is cheap, neither is wrong, both are shelby's.

Amy

guys, a FEW THOUGHTS

THE HOOD PINS ON THE ORIGINAL SS WERE PINS, NOT THE SPRING LOADED, THIS CAR WILL not have the spring loaded like theKR,

The hood on the super snake is functional

There is no white on the stripes

The SS will have side scoops, the flat black plates are an option, the scoops weren't ready

This is not a cheap version of the KR, itis its own car, if you like it great, if you don't fine, don't insult it, there are plenty of people who like it. The KR is made by us and the SS is done by us, neither is cheap, neither is wrong, both are shelby's.Amy

+1000. I luv it Amy!! Great job as I have said by ev1 over at SAI! You are all to be commended! :banvictory:

Good on you Amy.

There has been far too much opinion and 2 cents worth here and there from ppl who are just not in the car business, and possibly will not buy anyway.

The SS is what it is and you guys have done a superb job.

I am in. I love it and most of all it is a Shelby, designed and built by you.

That alone is worth heaps.

Well done in getting it out so soon and being so available.

With the order phone ringing it is time to put up or shut up, and I am all in. 720hp and all you can offer fully built up in Las Vegas please.

Unlike most, I love that hood. I hope it is the final version. I think some of you misread that post she put up about the hood and upper scoops. I read it as Amy saying they changed the hood to the current one and that the scoops are what is not the final version. Regardless, I want that hood and hope that it is made available to the general public. Please make it so Amy.

Just my opinion; having seen the car in person and having a bit of the "old school racer" mentality in my blood, I really liked the quarter window black out plates! If I were buying the SS package I would definitely add that option. If they will be sold seperately I will be adding them to my car...... :happy feet:

The Super Snake looks very good but like many here, I believe a few items could be improved, namely the hood pins and black side window covers. I would aso like to see the SHELBY lettering on the hood just like the KR. On the other hand, the wheels look awsome, the hood itself is very nice and the stripe package looks better than I expected.

Overall, I prefer the look of the KR, which is just about perfect IMHO. The SS is still very nice though.

This car, IMO, is one of the most evil rides I have seen in a looooooooooooooooong time. You have to see this thing to believe it!

I flew to Tulsa with my Wife, Terri, to scope things out. I also saw the KR the same days.

Up close and in person, it's a Dr Jeckyll/Mr. Hyde thing, IMO.

The KR is the Dr, clean and dressy, athletic and tastefully done at the same time.

On the other hand the SS is Mr. Hyde. It almost scares the sh :censored: t out of you just looking at it. It looks like someone took a race car and put it on the streets, and the nose of this thing looks like it will swallow you up if you dare to get close enough.

While I would LOVE to own both-- but cannot. So for me, it's Mr. Hyde. I want to be scared to hit the loud pedal...but you know I will!!! :hysterical:

The big plus? Terri loves the SS too!!! SOLD!!! :happy feet: This is gonna be fun!!!

This is by far my favorite Stang ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banvictory: :bandance: :rockon: :happy feet:

I believe that the hood scoops will be functional in the final version ( at least I hope so too ) and I think the side stripes and badging are a final decision.

Bird man, you are correct, definitely. These guys are working night and day (literally) to get things ready. They wanted to show the SS in Tulsa. So consider this a "proof-in-concept", very close to production, but a few things are being addressed even as we post today....

I think Amy and the boys over at SAI,where trying their hardest to get the "prototype" SS to to Tulsa show in time, which I would like to commend them for doing with such short notice. Excellent job guys! :drool: Now that would explain the different questions folks have been asking about,or wanting to change (hood,and final tweeks). I'm sure before its all said and done ,there will be even a more improved and functional,(as well as looking) SS hood, amoung other final tweeks being done in the pkg. And then the exciting part for me, the actual performance #'s on track and dyno,etc soon to be following I'm sure! :shades: OOO YEAAA!!! :yahoo:

This car is unbelievable. And I saw it. But I still can't believe it!!! :drool::drool::drool:

Just my opinion; having seen the car in person and having a bit of the "old school racer" mentality in my blood, I really liked the quarter window black out plates! If I were buying the SS package I would definitely add that option. If they will be sold seperately I will be adding them to my car...... :happy feet:

Got a chance to meet Sprint & Subguns & his wife when I was leaving (unfortunately) for the airport Sunday morning. What great guys!!! And true enthusiasts to boot!

I wish I had more time to hang out with them, but did not want to miss my flight & connection as it was a (very) long day's commute.

Guys & gals like these really make this site what it is, very special because of folks like them! :rockon:

Hope to meet more of you in Michigan in August!!! :happy feet:

~Crispy

This car, IMO, is one of the most evil rides I have seen in a looooooooooooooooong time. You have to see this thing to believe it!

I flew to Tulsa with my Wife, Terri, to scope things out. I also saw the KR the same days.

The KR is the Dr, clean and dressy, athletic and tastefully done at the same time.

On the other hand the SS is Mr. Hyde. It almost scares the sh :censored: t out of you just looking at it. It looks like someone took a race car and put it on the streets, and the nose of this thing looks like it will swallow you up if you dare to get close enough.While I would LOVE to own both-- but cannot. So for me, it's Mr. Hyde. I want to be scared to hit the loud pedal...but you know I will!!! :hysterical:

The big plus? Terri loves the SS too!!! SOLD!!! :happy feet: This is gonna be fun!!!

:banvictory: :bandance: :rockon: :happy feet:

~Crispy

+1000. Amen Brother. Crispy, you truly are a blessed man to have seen this "beast" in person! I could only dream of the day. Heck, just the pictures look lethal, I can't imagine actually seeing it up front close and in person. You said very well about the comparisons between KR and SS. I like the KR Until,.... the SS came out! No questions or problems for me,...this is "The Baaadest Beast " of a GT500 that I have ever seen. And I'll take the SShood,..heck the whole SS car anyday of the week over all the rest including the KR,..period!!! Bring on Mr. Hyde,..I want to be Scared, while Scaring others!! SS=SuperScary! :drop::rip::drool::superhero: :shades:

On the other hand the SS is Mr. Hyde. It almost scares the sh :censored: t out of you just looking at it. It looks like someone took a race car and put it on the streets, and the nose of this thing looks like it will swallow you up if you dare to get close enough.

While I would LOVE to own both-- but cannot. So for me, it's Mr. Hyde. I want to be scared to hit the loud pedal...but you know I will!!! :hysterical:

I do agree with you that the SS looks meaner than the KR. I think the color choices that we have seen used so far for each car (red/black vs silver/blue) enhance their different personality.

My judgement on the SS vs KR is based on the pics that I have seen so far. Both cars look great! I just happen to like the KR a little bit better; no disrespect intended to the SS and/or SAI. SAI has done a very good job giving the SS a look of its own.

Maybe my judgement would be different after seing both cars live, as you were able to do. Let's hope both cars will be on display in Michigan in August. I would love to see them side by side.

Hello,

Robert and I just got home from the show. It was a great show and meet lots of members. Amy and her team were there and are a fantastic group of people. Also got to see the GT500KR and the Super Snake together. I have lots of photos that I will get them up tomorrow. Oh yeah one more thing as the Super Snake was getting put away, I got a ride in it. All I have to say is if you think it is amazing in photos, Nothing compares to it in person. And once I sat in it they almost had to put me in the truck, I did not want to get out.

Sounds like a great trip! We are all looking forward to those pictures tomorrow!! Thanks Sharon.

I am working on the photos. I have so many I am going through them and have to re-size them all. Will have them up later today.

....... Oh yeah one more thing as the Super Snake was getting put away, I got a ride in it. All I have to say is if you think it is amazing in photos, Nothing compares to it in person. And once I sat in it they almost had to put me in the truck, I did not want to get out.

:doh: I was ripped off!!! :cry: I knew I missed something!!!!! :banghead::headspin: No wonder you were smiling! :)

Shelby GT500 Super Snake Photo set 1 (Shelby Autos Photos).

Shelby GT500 Super Snake photos from Tulsa (StangsUnleashed Photos).

77 More Photos as of June 19th from Tulsa (StangsUnleashed Photos)

Sweet pick

great job

THANK YOU! To whomever took the pics of the 2x White SGT's with the FORD Logo in the background... I was the owner/driver of the stock one in front (lower black front fascia)... The 2nd car was a prototype from SAI with the S/C, Big Brakes and 20" Razors... Needless to say, I saw a LOT of his grill in my rearview mirror (no passing allowed...) But what a heck of a Father's Day present from my wife (sitting in the passenger seat, holding on for her life)...

07SGT0547

post-8727-1182291257_thumb.jpg

post-8727-1182291257_thumb.jpg

Archived