TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 SuperSnake: Photos From Tulsa

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, looks amazing. I would probably like a little shorter wheel with more sidewall on the tire and the rear quarter window would probably look better as just window but these things are so subjective and it's impossible to make a car perfect for everybody. I love it. It is one super badass piece of americana. I bow down.

I LOVE the flat black stripes. To me the shiny stripes on the production cars look like "poopie", they would look much better flat (because they are tape, shiny would work only if painted on). The rear winow covers are a possible attempt to mimick the '65 R-Model GT350???? maybe? I would like scoops better. The hood is out of this world beatiful and retro!! Overall the car is awesome, I hope I can afford to get it done.

Looks like the rear rotors are two piece as well, saving a little weight.

OK, now that I've looked as these photos 50 times I'm ready for more. OK all you folks in Tulsa, lets post some fresh photos!!

I want to see what's under the hood!!

Would it be too much to ask one you showgoers to crawl under the car and get us some undercarriage pics?!?

When you see them together; the Super Snake looks like it is trying to be the cheapo knock-off version of the KR. Shelby has been making kit-cars for a long time now, but kit cars often lack the balance and proportion that factory engineered cars do.

Don't get me wrong I think this Super Snake is a good idea, but for an additional $30K plus the $50K+ we paid for a GT500 it just doesn't have the symmetry the KR has. Maybe it is just the way it shows in the pictures? Most of The KR pictures are in a controlled atmosphere and the Super Snake pictures are at distorted angles in a parking lot, or shop. Not the best way to start out marketing a car worth $80K++.....

If you read all of the critiques it is going to be impossible to please everyone. However a couple of things could be adjusted, added and changed to make it better in my humble opinion.

Did anybody else notice that in the picture of the rear view of the Super Snake that the stripe on top of the car looks White? Or are my old eyes playing tricks on me :headspin:

Yes that was one ot the first things I noticed. I am guessing that it is the first car they did and the pics were taken while it was still a work in progress. Maybe they were waiting on more parts and figured they would take some photo's.

I'm sure by the end of the week or early next week some more information will be released regaring HP numbers etc. I remember someone from SAI saying they were waiting on some parts for dyno testing, handeling etc. and they would then come back here and post up the information for all of us.

Nothing on getting this car or information regarding it, has been fast for most of us over the last couple of years. Don't worry about rushing it now. It will happen, just not as fast as some would like. :shift:

The car looks real nice expect those cheap looking hood lock and cables(took the air right out of me seeing them on the hood)Makes the hood look to aftermarket ver the kr which looks like a factory fit.(because the locks)

I really hope Shelby goes to the kr hood locks( Real important to me)

If cost is the issue I would be willing to pay more to have the locks(turn style)

Those cables will bug me forever(they are the only thing making me think about the car otherwise Iam 100 percent go)

Amy please at least give us a upgrade option for them

Jim

They should use the spring loaded hood pins like on the 68's and eliminate the lanyard all together.

By far I think everyone agrees window scoops the color of the car like in the motor trend magazine look way more finished and make the car!!! I also think the middle piece of the scoop sticking out more looks better more like the KR hood!! Every thing else looks pretty good the only thing that could make it a little better would be painted stripes!!

Looks good. I like the "balanced" feel with the side stripes having "GT500" and "Super Snake" at the ends. Definitely would have preferred the lock-down screw type hood pins. The hood and vents still look nice though I think we got spoiled seeing that KR hood. I also agree that quarter panel scoops would be better. The blacked-out panels don't look bad though, imo, and do match the blacked-out headlamps nicely.

Did anybody else notice that in the picture of the rear view of the Super Snake that the stripe on top of the car looks White? Or are my old eyes playing tricks on me :headspin:

I noticed this also & have looked at & studied the photos. Look at this front photo.

post-768-1181875110_thumb.jpg

You can see white in (2) areas of the stripe based on where the sun light is shinning on it.

Now look at this close up photo & you can see that the flat black stripe looks to have some Gray in it.

post-768-1181875204_thumb.jpg

Is it possible that SAI is going so retro they went back to the Late 60's & early 70's and used that reflective flat black tape that was used on a lot of MACH 1's? When sun light hits that just right it looks white to silverish & that's what this reminds me of. Another thing it could be is that the stripe has a lot of silver metalic in it & we are seeing the light reflected in direct sun light. Need more photos to be sure though.

post-768-1181875110_thumb.jpg

post-768-1181875204_thumb.jpg

I realize I am being extremely picky here and the hood is a massive improvement over the factory steel one. The middle pillar under the scoop, instead of angling toward the front of the hood like it does on the 2008 KR and the 68 Shelby's just gets cut straight down . It just doesn't look right. I know the hoods which were going to be carbon fiber have been replaced with fiberglass models. This could very well be a prototype hood, but I hope they fix this.

I realize I am being extremely picky here and the hood is a massive improvement over the factory steel one. The middle pillar under the scoop, instead of angling toward the front of the hood like it does on the 2008 KR and the 68 Shelby's just gets cut straight down . It just doesn't look right. I know the hoods which were going to be carbon fiber have been replaced with fiberglass models. This could very well be a prototype hood, but I hope they fix this.

FYI the factory hood is not steel , it's aluminum .

That looks sick! I like the attention to detail that they did with the Super Snake engine dress-up caps -better than generic stuff for sure! Can't wait to get there tonight!!! :happy feet:

Can anyone get close up's of the size tires it has, I know they may change again, just wondering , whats on it.

I hope this hood isn't the final version as it is not "functional".

Thats what I thought too as I looked at the underside fo the hood. The front scoops were supposed to be functional like the KR. not just the rear vents.

It would appear to me that the hood needs to be finished with both the ram air scoops and the twist down hood locks before final production. IMO

I hope this situation will be addressed by SA soon at least tell us what the deal is. Maybe it is functional but we just can't see it in the pics.

post-54-1181924243_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181924388_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181924243_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181924388_thumb.jpg

In the picture of the lifted hood, just to the right and left sides of the hood striker bar, you will notice two rather rough covered holes. That's where the CAI ducts will mate up to the hood making the scoop functional.

You may have to zoom the picture in to get a good look.

In the picture of the lifted hood, just to the right and left sides of the hood striker bar, you will notice two rather rough covered holes. That's where the CAI ducts will mate up to the hood making the scoop functional.

So let me see if I understand correctly. The two spots will be opened up, another piece of fiberglass will fit over the holes, and will feed the air to the (massive) air filter.

It doesn't look like there will be enough room under the hood when closed to do this (add duct work)

It doesn't look like there will be enough room under the hood when closed to do this (add duct work)

your right it doesn't

unless the ducts are flat?

So let me see if I understand correctly. The two spots will be opened up, another piece of fiberglass will fit over the holes, and will feed the air to the (massive) air filter.

Yes, that's what I was told.

CW, I agree with you. I don't see it either, but again that's what SAI told me. I suspect that the radiator core support cover is either removed or radically modified for the intake to jive with the ports in the hood.

It would seem to me that the easist way to make the scoops functional would be to just open the molded narrow "air box" just above the air filter that would close down on top of the air filter heat shields in order to form a box around the filter itself.

I guess that we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Yes, that's what I was told.

CW, I agree with you. I don't see it either, but again that's what SAI told me. I suspect that the radiator core support cover is either removed or radically modified for the intake to jive with the ports in the hood.

It would seem to me that the easist way to make the scoops functional would be to just open the molded narrow "air box" just above the air filter that would close down on top of the air filter heat shields in order to form a box around the filter itself.

I guess that we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

It wpould also have to be shaped to shed debris and water

I think the hood is Off the Hook Awesome

Did anyone else notice the CF side skirts as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you all tell if the entire side mirrors are CF or just the inserts like the KR and 40th?

Also, is the rear diffuser on the SS CF or stock black plastic? I would think that since they used CF for the front splitter, side skirts, and mirrors, it would look nice to add CF to the lower diffuser portion of the rear bumper.

Archived