TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 SuperSnake: Photos From Tulsa

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like everything except the blocked out back windows. It just looks unfinished to me like that.

+1

I've seen some aftermarket treatments way better than what looks like a canvas cover :hysterical2::hysterical: The logical question is what positive effect this has under any conditon, whether racing or just cruising? :shrug: IMO, it really cheapens the car. :headscratch:

Nine SuperSnake photos here.

Thanks for the pictures Rob. I wonder if that is the final hood? I thought the look of the hood was going to change? They need to do something else with that rear window. Overall it looks good and I am sure the performance is outstanding based on the list of mods. Would like to see that dyno and skid pad. Seems like it is not quite right though?

post-6152-1181798367_thumb.jpg

post-6152-1181798367_thumb.jpg

Not sure about the hood ...like the KR style better.....def don't like the pins at all. :banghead:

Block-out plates are like the ones used in the original 65 R I think they are better than fake scoops though ,,

Don't like the blacked out tail lights

I'm getting more used to the stripes they look better than I thought.

Over all I'm not blown away with it ....Maybe it's the hood / pins

post-54-1181818448_thumb.jpg

post-54-1181818448_thumb.jpg

Thought the stripes would end at the hood scoop. I don't understand the rear window plates. Rear windows should be unobstructed. The hood pins are better on the KR and as I have mentioned before, for this kind of money the hood should be carbon fiber. For the same money I would rather have the KR, not that one will be able to get a KR for under $80,000. JMTC

IMO - A few things that I would change are:

Change the Racing Blocked off Quarter Window Plates to Quarter Window Scoops

Change the hood pins & cables to twist style locks like the KR

Add Shelby lettering to the hood

Widen the thin Outside Stripes to match the original 67 SS so all stripes can be seen coming down the road.

When the rear center Decal is placed on the rear of the car between the tail lamps, I don't like seeing that CIRCLE cut-out so the decal can be placed over the Faux Gas Cap. I would rather pay for a new Faux Gas Cap that allows the stripe to go under it rather than going around it showing a trace of the cars base color & have the stripe come into the plate area.

post-768-1181827692_thumb.jpg post-768-1181826926_thumb.jpg post-768-1181827014_thumb.jpg

post-768-1181826926_thumb.jpg

post-768-1181827014_thumb.jpg

post-768-1181827692_thumb.jpg

Thought the stripes would end at the hood scoop. I don't understand the rear window plates. Rear windows should be unobstructed. The hood pins are better on the KR and as I have mentioned before, for this kind of money the hood should be carbon fiber. For the same money I would rather have the KR, not that one will be able to get a KR for under $80,000. JMTC

The car looks real nice expect those cheap looking hood lock and cables(took the air right out of me seeing them on the hood)Makes the hood look to aftermarket ver the kr which looks like a factory fit.(because the locks)

I really hope Shelby goes to the kr hood locks( Real important to me)

If cost is the issue I would be willing to pay more to have the locks(turn style)

Those cables will bug me forever(they are the only thing making me think about the car otherwise Iam 100 percent go)

Amy please at least give us a upgrade option for them

Jim

Another thing, besides the lame rear quarter window covers, that concerns me is the finish on the stripes. They are a flat finish and therefore are likely porous. Waxing the car, especially between the stripes, might be difficult. Of course, that wouldn't be that bad of a problem to have since you'd have to have a Super Snake.

I like, not the rear quarter window panels though, but this is pre-production and maybe they were'nt available at the time, like the push & turn hood pins, lettering on hood, etc...missing, but are on the production car. They were pressed for time and did the major things to it, just so we could see what it CAN look like I figure.happy%20feet.gif:superhero:

Also anyone forget to use the :censored: for certain words, I know I can't hear them, but I really don't like to read them either, we have a better vocabulary that that don't we? I guess some words just don't get the point across like others, please keep it PG-13 though, some children do look in now and again, some of us are 40+ yr old children, I know. :hysterical: I'm talking about teenagers, etc...

Thanks for posting :camera: Ninja Robert :ninja:

let's delete my thread I started & I can add those photos here on this thread.

hey how did he do that? Ninja Robert strikes again. just when i thought I was getting them up there with you first,I see time changes. :hysterical: must be because they came from different site. :hysterical: :shades:

Archived