TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Personal Battle - Selling My Dream

epstein78

Im in a personal struggle in selling my 2008 GT-500. It's been with me since day one when it rolled off the showroom floor with 8 miles on the speedo. My dreams had come true but as life goes on other priorities come over you and you realize that a car like this should be with someone that can drive and care for it with appreciation and the passion it deserves. I can't stand the thought of trading it in for it to sit on some used car lot and selling to an undeserving individual. This car has tons of power and love put into it and it must be respected. I have it posted on Autotrader linked below but I would sleep better knowing it went to someone that truly appreciates the cars history and desirable appeal. It's only seen rain once it its 7 years and 14k miles. Oil changes every 1k miles and never spent more than a few hours in the summer sun at a time. Yes it has some road wear but it's a one of a kind in my book. Sorry to see it go but knowing someone with the same passion like you could take over ownership makes me willing to part ways. Thanks for your interest!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?ownerId=70071841&searchRadius=0&listingId=408247425

Ask yourself this, do you need to sell it? Do you need the money? If the answer is no to both then keep it. I'm sure many of us have sold cars that have more value to us than real monetary value. What is it hurting sitting in the garage? I almost enjoy looking at and tinkering on cars more than driving them...

I was driving my 14 a couple weeks ago, for the first time in a month, and looked down as it rolled over 700 miles and for the first time since buying it found myself asking why... why do I keep this car I use so infrequently? If I sold it I could finish the restoration of my 70 SCJ Mustang sooner. But like freakshow said, I enjoy just looking at it too. I have had my BOSS 302 for 8 years and driven it less than 20 miles. I enjoy just sitting in a chair drinking a beer and looking at them. To each his own.

I was driving my 14 a couple weeks ago, for the first time in a month, and looked down as it rolled over 700 miles and for the first time since buying it found myself asking why... why do I keep this car I use so infrequently? If I sold it I could finish the restoration of my 70 SCJ Mustang sooner. But like freakshow said, I enjoy just looking at it too. I have had my BOSS 302 for 8 years and driven it less than 20 miles. I enjoy just sitting in a chair drinking a beer and looking at them. To each his own.

Epstein - I feel your pain. Yesterday I made a deal to trade in my 07. I have driven my car for 5 years and really enjoyed it. After my 68 non-shelby it was a major step up for me. But like all things, your priorities change and life moves on. No regrets, just great memories. Best of luck with your ad

Archived