TEAM SHELBY FORUM

06H0102 Gt-H/sc Hp Numbers

JeffJ

Been a bit quite in the H forums lately. After my engine issue a few years ago, we never got a very clean tune on the dyno due to the crap TCI converter I had in there. They are apparently only good to about 450 hp so we couldn't get it to lock up. This caused the dyno charts to go all over the place. I finally put in a good Rev Max billet converter in it and have been running it for a while. I knew however that it wasn't running great. When it wouldn't pass emissions this month, I finally took it to a good tune shop here in town yesterday. It has a really conservative tune in it now so that I can get it to pass emissions, but it sure is running a lot better. Nail the gas from a stop and the tires continue to smoke through 4th gear really good! :) 495hp to the rear wheels at 5320 ft elevation. 95 deg. yesterday so that certainly didn't help much either. They told me to bring it back after I get the emissions done and there should be another 50 hp in it keeping pretty conservative. They said that they can get probably 80 or so more if we go to a good E85 tune. I will probably not do that however. It seems pretty darn happy right now how it is! :peelout:

Nice, now your smoking. As Gary P would say, "go burn some rubber". On my stock motor my Shelby tune is 424 RWHP so maybe 460ish at crank considering loss. Does that sound about right?

Normal is 15-20% loss. More so with an automatic. So more like 485ish crank would be more realistic on 424 RWHP.

Larry, any upgrade to your motor or still with the stock?

Just stock ... after speaking with Ford Racing, Shelby American, and Whipple it appears my weak point will be start with the auto trans and if I rectify that then its the connectting rods but the power I am running is in the upper part of the safe zone.

Just stock ... after speaking with Ford Racing, Shelby American, and Whipple it appears my weak point will be start with the auto trans and if I rectify that then its the connectting rods but the power I am running is in the upper part of the safe zone.

That's what I was wondering. That said, have fun and just know the car limitations. :)

I've never had any problems or signs of any problems with my trans to date. I've beat on it really hard at the drag strip and the road course with different converters. Now the rods, yea, they only take so much boost and I certainly know that from experience! :drop:

I've never had any problems or signs of any problems with my trans to date. I've beat on it really hard at the drag strip and the road course with different converters. Now the rods, yea, they only take so much boost and I certainly know that from experience! :drop:

I also have to agree on the trans. Stronger than given credit. It's all about the motor internals.

Archived