TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dyno Numbers????

Also just to be clear I am close friends with Jon Lund and I had him tune the car not the previous owner. He has tunned every one of my mustangs..

Jon tuned it in person ?

....In post # 3 you stated, " I am on a 93 octane tune by Lund Racing ", Lund Racing has a staff of tune writers, one of which is Jon.

It was done at his house. Did you not see I said we are close friends. Have been for years. Maybe you should look my name up if you have some time. I have been drag racing for years and have made several great accomplishments. This post was just to see a average of what people are seeing before L&M does there cams and Jon dyno tunes the car. Nothing more nor nothing less. It was a broad question. That's it. People like you just like to start drama on the boards. So I am done with responding to you. Have a good day.

Thanks for the info. I don't think I'll SS my current GT500, I've done a lot of Mods on it already and it's a total beast. I'll try in a year our two to pick up a used 2013 14 and Mod it. That way they can keep all my used parts and I won't care. It's a rebuild anyway so fresh paint, etc... will be great and I'll essentially have a new car - more or less. .

Based on your post, ( # 2 ), your 850 package SS doesn't impress me, 19 % drivetrain loss !!

That is quite ok with me. I would like to think that most owners don't go the SS route in order to impress other people. I openly share with anyone that approaches me at car shows or road courses to ask questions about my SS. I tell them you can easily spend 1/3 the amount of $$ and get better performance than what you get from SAI. Its no secret that when you buy a real SS, you are paying a premium for the Shelby badging and the CSM number. Of course that will help the vehicle hold value, more so than a modded GT500 with 1200hp. On the flip side, I appreciate the phrase I consistently see on the inter-web: "maintaining low mileage on your car in order to hold its value is like not having sex with your girlfriend so that she will be more desirable to the next guy."

Whether you want a real SS, or a modded GT500, that is completely PERSONAL preference. It may be a bit of idealistic thinking, but I hope that all Shelby enthusiasts can appreciate and respect each others' preferences. For me, I have a hard time understanding why people badge their cars to make them look like something they are not. I don't understand it, but I don't give the guy grief for something he chose to do. If you appreciate your car, no matter what it is or how you purchased it, please feel free to come here to share your thoughts and opinions. We might all learn something in the process.

Great graphs! Thx again. Just some interesting facts for you. The Stage 3 Power pack stays ahead of the 850 package until 6000 RPM where it falls off. It stays ahead of the Holeshot until about 5000 RPM where it falls off - the cam change really helps. The stage 3 is way out in front when it comes to torque - especially early on in the RPM range. To get the best results one would need to have the stock blower spinning faster with the smaller pulley and then magically change to the bigger blower after 5000 and 6000 RPM respectively. I would love to see what one of those 2.8 or 2.9 s would do spinning a little faster with a smaller pulley. The stock blower just simply runs out of breath after the 5 and 6000 marks, but that 2.8 or 9 might be crazy. Cheers!