TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My New Signature Super Snake

Sweet ride .... love the color combo !!!!

Thanks! I think it turned out really nice. The stripes really standout on the grey background. Sounds amazing, but I'm learning to drive all over again with the added power. It's really a game changer.

Edited by OaktownACE

Congrats & good luck, came out nice, did SA provide a dyno sheet ?

Do you have enough miles on it to determine how the tune is ?

I only have about 40 miles since I got it back from Shelby and so far no problems with the tune. On a cold start up it takes a little bit to settle down but then it's prett well behaved. I'm having to learn how to drive again because my normal shift timing and peddle pressure is not working out great. It's a little jerky.

My biggest problem right now is a creaky seat!

Edit: I don't have my packet from Shelby yet so I can't answer the dyno question quite yet

Edited by OaktownACE

I had a creaky seat as well. Took it to dealership and they replaced some little metal strip that was rubbing from getting bent. It was all covered under Ford warranty. If you did the gear swap, keep an eye on your rear diff. Mine was leaking and I caught it at the next oil change. SAI covered the repair under their warranty.

I had a creaky seat as well. Took it to dealership and they replaced some little metal strip that was rubbing from getting bent. It was all covered under Ford warranty. If you did the gear swap, keep an eye on your rear diff. Mine was leaking and I caught it at the next oil change. SAI covered the repair under their warranty.

Was it easy for them to diagnose once you told them you had a creaky seat?

I'll be on the lookout for a fluid leak. Thanks for the heads up on that!

f2redpot, What mesh insterts are these you speak of? Specific for the newer SS's or would I benefit as well with my 07? Where can I buy?

Thanks,

Curt

These went in the day after it was delivered, they won't stop everything but better than nothing..

Last_2013_Thurs_cruise_night_3_Oct_2013_

IMG_20150825_2010211.jpgIMG_20150825_2010011.jpgThe grill piece in the SS 13-14 is from McMaster-Carr part # 92725t42. It comes in a 36 X 40" sheet. You will need to paint it as it comes aluminum. Their phone number is 562-692-5911. This is the same hexagon Hole SAI uses in the upper opening.

Edited by william strauch

• 2 weeks later...

This car is so gorgeous; I saw this when you first posted it and must have blacked out because I forgot to comment.

Thanks! I think it turned out really well and I love the brighter blue stripe in the grey. I need to get more seat time though. Right now I'm getting it out only once a week and I haven't fully gotten use to the power. It does go like hell though.