TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08/14/2015 Gts Program Is Being Put Away.

JMargraves

To all GTS owners on here I must say I just love the look of these cars. Many Shelby fans don't know what a GTS is or have never seen one. They are rare and so many are one of one. I own a 2012 mustang v6 and have thought long and hard for years of sending it to have the GTS package installed on it. It's nice you could own a Shelby for base price of $10500.00. I have talked to Frankie about this and he said till 08/14/2015 I can still have this package. It would be number CSM #26 ( some one backed out) out of he thinks 32. And possible to have the last one built. It's so cool to think my old 44k mustang could be converted to a Shelby GTS so late in its life and be the last 2012 v6. Maybe a GTS in my future. Thank you all

To all GTS owners on here I must say I just love the look of these cars. Many Shelby fans don't know what a GTS is or have never seen one. They are rare and so many are one of one. I own a 2012 mustang v6 and have thought long and hard for years of sending it to have the GTS package installed on it. It's nice you could own a Shelby for base price of $10500.00. I have talked to Frankie about this and he said till 08/14/2015 I can still have this package. It would be number CSM #26 ( some one backed out) out of he thinks 32. And possible to have the last one built. It's so cool to think my old 44k mustang could be converted to a Shelby GTS so late in its life and be the last 2012 v6. Maybe a GTS in my future. Thank you all

I would definitely do it. You don't want to regret it later. Edited by cmcmotorworks

If that is true, get in while you can! There are a ton of folks who missed the boat on the Terlingua cars (myself included) and really regret not ordering before the program ended. It would be nice to see Shelby put out a notice that the GTS program is closing down. That might just push those who are on the fence to put a deposit down and increase SA's bottom line in the process.

That would be cool for you to get #26. Mine is #38. It's weird that you could get a specific number if you wanted as opposed to going strictly in sequential order. I also was surprised that the first 10 numbers were reserved for a higher $ amount.

Do it .... and share pics when you have a chance.

There appears to be some confusion with the status of the Shelby GTS program. The GTS program is not ending on 08/14/2015 so if you're interested in reserving a spot please contact Jeremy or Frankie in the Shelby American sales department by phone at 702-942-7325 or by email at sales@shelby.com , jeremyr@shelby.com , frankiem@shelby.com

Now with that said it doesn't mean that the GTS program will remain open forever................

Steve

There appears to be some confusion with the status of the Shelby GTS program. The GTS program is not ending on 08/14/2015 so if you're interested in reserving a spot please contact Jeremy or Frankie in the Shelby American sales department by phone at 702-942-7325 or by email at sales@shelby.com , jeremyr@shelby.com , frankiem@shelby.com

Now with that said it doesn't mean that the GTS program will remain open forever................

Steve

Thanks for the clarification Steve. I should send you a shirt and a ste......., oh wait, never mind. Edited by cmcmotorworks

Nice. Not that really give a shit. I don't feel as if I'm entitled or that I can have one of each. I live Month to month and not by my choice. I was hurt at work in 2009 and that changed my life forever. I am a Shelby fan and have always wanted one. I just happen to call and ask they said yes. I did not have the money to do this and took it out of my retirement because I was in needed by 08/14/15.

But it's all clear now. I get one. You can get one. Sweet good for all of us.

But it's a great sales tactic!

No worries I will still love my Shelby.

P.S I would like a shirt.

Hmmm. I personally have purchased well over $20,000.00 worth of parts and merchandise from SPP over the last several years. A lot for my GT500 and also some items for my GT350 which I purchased from SAI. I have never experienced anything but stellar response and customer service from SPP, and also SAI (Ralph, Jeremy and Tim) during the build process of my GT350. It's strange to me, not only in this post but also posts in other threads, that there can be such contrasting experiences. I can only surmise that there is generally two sides to every story.

Edited by Morgan19d
deleted quote of bashing

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm. I personally have purchased well over $20,000.00 worth of parts and merchandise from SPP over the last several years. A lot for my GT500 and also some items for my GT350 which I purchased from SAI. I have never experienced anything but stellar response and customer service from SPP, and also SAI (Ralph, Jeremy and Tim) during the build process of my GT350. It's strange to me, not only in this post but also posts in other threads, that there can be such contrasting experiences. I can only surmise that there is generally two sides to every story.

Well, it appears you have good luck; not that $20K is that much money with these guys. I have the paperwork and emails to back up my claims. I'm sure that SAI does have another story ... not that I'm interested in hearing it. I just gave away my 500 and the GTS will go soon. I'll be looking at Saleen or Roush for the next Mustang. I do not trust anything SAI has to say.

Edited by tjys

Are you NUT'S 500 & GTS are so much better then those . I was at the show and they didn't even look at the Roush + not that great looking the saleen not that good . The GTS is so ,so much better looking . Well best of luck what ever you do .

• 2 weeks later...

Neither the GTS nor Saleen looks good but that's because the new Stang is fugly. The roush looks like a roush (a mustang ricer) although there is a new roush package I saw that made the new stang look good it looked like the offspring of a stang and a Ferrari California. The new Shelby GT and new Ford (not Shelby) 350 look pretty cool given the horrible canvas they had to work with but I think this time around I'll wait a couple years and get the new SGT when it's used for about 20-30k instead of 60 plus. And yes SAI is a very poorly run business from a customer service aspect as well as a knowing what's going on or doing what they say. But you just have to accept it for what it is from the beginning (the cobra) there has been shadiness and slight of hand lol life was just a big game of poker to Carroll. But where would we be without him? R.i.p.

• 3 weeks later...

Although not meant to be all inclusive, the following guidlines should keep everyone, users and admins on the same page.

1.Observe the golden rule!

2.If you have nothing good to say, say nothing. You dont like a car someone posts, skip that post. Dont like the motor, skip that post. Silence is golden at times.

3.No posting links to other competitive forums

4.Unless you are an authorized sponsor, you cannot advertise here. We appreciate people who work hard to make a living but, we also have people who pay Team Shelby to sponsor us. Those payments go back to our members in the way of events. Members are allowed to advertise personal items for sale.

5.No bashing Shelby or Ford Motor Company. This does not mean you cannot criticize, that can be done in a tasteful and constructive manner. If the issue is personal, (IE, you didnt receive a part, ect.) take it to the person who can help you. If they dont respond, take it to a higher level. Dont post it here!

6.NO CUSSING, NO NUDITY of Demeaning pictures, male or female. We are a family site. If you wouldnt have said it or showed it to your mother, dont post it here.

7.No political or religious discussions. We are not trying to curb your right to free speech however, we have found by experience, these threads go sideways quickly.

8.No disrespecting others. This includes the staff at Shelby international, Shelby American or fellow users of this forum. People are here to enjoy themselves not to be stressed out over their automotive passion.

9.NO SPAM. Yes, as hard as we try, it will happen. If you see it, report it.

Carroll loved the fact that Team Shelby was a place enthusiasts could come to talk cars or sometimes, life in general. He wanted for each of you to enjoy your time here and the passion for the brand he built. Its our goal to keep the passion going, dont let others forget and teach those who come after us what it means to be a Shelby owner and fan. Lets all keep it positive.

Team Shelby Directors

Feel free to contact your director or myself fo questions

Gentlemen, I respectfully ask you to re-look the forum rules, particularly #5. I understand that things aren't always perfect and sometimes suck, but I ask you to keep it civil and on topic with the initial post. Thank you!

Morgan19d

if that was a shot fired in my direction my apologies. No intent to bash anybody I just don't like the new Aston looking stang and I think SAI improved a lot on the looks but there's only so much they could do with what they had to work with. Who knows my opinion could change at first I didn't like the GTS (partly the use of the SGT ish name and a 6 cyl.) but the looks have grown on me and now I really like it. The cars are great and the people are great just the from a customer service standpoint it can be frustrating at times but SAI is growing and recently moved so things happen. I'm sure that there is no bad intentions on the part of SAI it can just be frustrating. Whether it's from claiming for years SGT runningl light/brake duct bezels will return with no follow through to not being able over a series of years to get information on a car package (I.e. Shelby GT'/SR) to a lack of response to calls/emails it's tough but nobody can be perfect. That said whenever I have finally spoken to a live body that is knowledgable in what I need they have been fantastic.

• 2 months later...

Steve

So I see in another thread today that the GTS program has ended. Was it ever announced or just quietly put out to pasture?