TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt-H Throwback Thursday

Larry T

straight from the horses mouth (forgive the pun)...

Like This

Akos (AJ)'s PhotoAkos (AJ)

18 Feb 2012

I know I will piss off some GT-H owners, but the CS6 is what started the Shelby comeback. The '05 SEMA car was the eye-candy to start the discussions between Hertz, Ford and Shelby when drawing up the GT-H. It should be listed on SA's website as the first true modern Shelby Mustang, no doubts about it.

AJ

Article stated: "Each owner will also receive pictures of the build. Each car will come with pictures of the team. Each car will get a plaque to go in the trunk of all the team members signing it. There will be "something" signed by Carroll Shelby - exactly what, we don't know yet. But, the cars will come with a full history."

I didn't get any photos or a plaque in the trunk of the team members! Bummer. :shrug:

straight from the horses mouth (forgive the pun)...

Like This

Akos (AJ)'s PhotoAkos (AJ)

18 Feb 2012

I know I will piss off some GT-H owners, but the CS6 is what started the Shelby comeback. The '05 SEMA car was the eye-candy to start the discussions between Hertz, Ford and Shelby when drawing up the GT-H. It should be listed on SA's website as the first true modern Shelby Mustang, no doubts about it.

AJ

There is no disputing this information but the CS6 / CS8 never became production cars but kits installed by the owner / dealer installed, the exception being, concept and show cars. But some of the parts and ideas from the program were used for the Shelby GT-H program and it was the first full line production modern mustang, this has been stated by Gary Patterson and in print in the 2015 Shelby Annual

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/87377-shelby-gt-h-gets-recognized-in-20142015-shelby-annual/?hl=%2Bgt-h+%2Bannual

However, the Shelby Timeline should reflect the inportance of the CS6/CS8 program and should include all Shelby's period ... it is a big family but that is why the Shelby cars and brand live on.

Money drives the train and the GT-H production under Amy Boylan's leadership got the much needed cash flowing for SAI. That's why she was hired, to get them out of the red. That's what I refer too when I say the GT-H kick started SAI. It's all good discussion and Shelby automotive history.

A quote from the 2015 Shelby Annual:

"No one, not even Carroll Shelby expected such reaction to the 06 Shelby GT-H, the first Shelby Mustang since 1970 and a reincarnation of the Hertz Shelby G.T.350H from 1966. The GT-H put Shelby back in the Mustang business and took the company from a small builder of continuation Cobras to a major player in the huge Mustang market. Without the GT-H, there would be no GT 500 Super Snakes, KR's, or Shelby 1000s."

Archived