TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Griggs Racing Or Cortex Precision

stevenh

Going to do a complete suspension upgrade, 3:73 gears and one piece DS. Both Griggs and Precision are close and I can have them do the install. Both systems seem similar and the quote is almost exactly the same. I'm not going to race it, just tired of the wheel hop and associated issues and drop it a little. Either is probably fine so is there a reason to go with one over the other, quality, warranty, etc?

Thanks

If you are not going to open track there is a lot of other options.

The FRPP suspension, lower control arms and lower control are relocation brackets will achieve your goals for a lot less $

• 2 weeks later...

I know I could probably do it cheaper myself, but I've read to many posts from smart guys who ended up chasing a host of problems either from parts installed with wrong specs, or bad installers etc so I figured I'd solve all that by going to one of these two for the parts and install since I live within an hour of them. Just was wondering since they seem like the parts are similar is there a reason to go with one over the other?

I have the full Griggs stuff on my 2008 Shelby GT/SC and when I added the Michelin Pilots Super Sports the thing grips like peanut butter. The car handled very good with the Griggs and the Nitto's that came on it, but after I switched tires the handling was fantastic so its just not suspension that makes a car handle great tire choice is the difference between good and great.

I have looked at the Cortex stuff for use on a vintage Mustang and their pieces look top notch so I may end up trying them. Keep in mind Griggs uses Koni's and Cortex uses the far more expensive JRi's. I can tell you first hand on and off the track the Griggs and Koni's are as good as it gets

Something to think about, you can have all the HP in the world from 600hp to 1,000hp but if you don't have the suspension setup to handle it you are not going anywhere fast and yes let the professionals install the suspension

• 2 years later...