TEAM SHELBY FORUM

06H411 Goes On The Action Block

"Auction Block", I guess its action also.

Be interesting to see what this one goes for. Just under 2K on the odometer. https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/CA0815-219757/0/2006-Ford-Shelby-GT-H/Automatic/

Goes on the block Friday. I will try to attend and see what it goes for. http://e.mecumauction.com/HS?b=iz1TEmN2Dgo9qk_JrtBm3VfmkMwWNTDthKhyQgKDeXCWrJXVnjtL1GrEAHVE3zpU&c=bTNrUCeiXyZodeSrQCYrAg

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go:

Car did not sell. High bid was 40K. Auction desk says it is close to reserve but did not make it. To that end, still available. I think car could have had a write-up, show board info etc. Not sure about any documentation as well. Car was dirty. Not a good marketing effort.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Owner should've taken $40K all day long IMO

I'm glad the owner did not take it. The GT-H is a low production SAI factory built car, first significant production line since 1970, early Mustang fastback styling, connected to the 1966 HERTZ/Ford/Shelby endeavor with similar program implementation and in my opinion holds a special place in the Shelby automotive history books. Some day maybe this will be more prevalent. The loss of Carroll Shelby also adds to the uniqueness to any of those cars he touched. These factors can make a car collectible (maybe). OK, I am bias. All this said, the market is what it is and so many folks don't even know about the newer Shelby cars. I will say I did not buy my car for an investment, just the connection to the 1966 GT350H.

I'm glad the owner did not take it. The GT-H is a low production SAI factory built car, first significant production line since 1970, early Mustang fastback styling, connected to the 1966 HERTZ/Ford/Shelby endeavor with similar program implementation and in my opinion holds a special place in the Shelby automotive history books. Some day maybe this will be more prevalent. The loss of Carroll Shelby also adds to the uniqueness to any of those cars he touched. These factors can make a car collectible (maybe). OK, I am bias. All this said, the market is what it is and so many folks don't even know about the newer Shelby cars. I will say I did not buy my car for an investment, just the connection to the 1966 GT350H.

I understand that, in this market that is a good price for the seller IMO, that's my point. Being an automatic limits the buyers as well. I think most know about the New Shelbys, but only the GT500. It's very rare anyone I talk to about my car knows what it is, I am sure the Hertz is the same. The new mustang will continue to pull the value down, although I think in cases like the Shelby GT it is close to the bottom, it is just a much better car in every way. It will be many years before values go up, time will tell.

Another subject all together is the "Entitlement" generation growing up these days cares very little about cars, there are much less young car enthusiast then there has been in the past, that will not help values of any cars in the future.

My 2 cents....

I understand that, in this market that is a good price for the seller IMO, that's my point. Being an automatic limits the buyers as well. I think most know about the New Shelbys, but only the GT500. It's very rare anyone I talk to about my car knows what it is, I am sure the Hertz is the same. The new mustang will continue to pull the value down, although I think in cases like the Shelby GT it is close to the bottom, it is just a much better car in every way. It will be many years before values go up, time will tell.

Another subject all together is the "Entitlement" generation growing up these days cares very little about cars, there are much less young car enthusiast then there has been in the past, that will not help values of any cars in the future.

My 2 cents....

Agree

Archived