TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help Not Much Luck Selling My Gth

SGTH

I think your add & pictures covers the car well. It may be the price as the cars have not been selling for what you are asking. Low 30's and some mid 30's for very low mile cars. You seem to be at the top end. Just my opinion and observation. That said, I also believe sellers are selling too low but then I am bias. :) Again, just my thoughts. Nice car, GLWS, & have patience.

Today, at least Twenty One 2006 GT-H cars are for sale according to http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/78992-25-gt-hs-for-sale-on-various-websites-updated-72615/. I have been watching this site for quite awhile and that high number of Hertz cars for sale at the same time is not unusual. Thats a lot of competition.

You asked a question, we gave our opinions, for what it is worth I have a Shelby GT/SC that is one of maybe 100 with less miles and I think in todays market it would be around $30K as well. Ebay selling prices aren't always true, too much BS goes on with people bidding on their own cars and stuff.

That said in order to get a price premium you need to find the right buyer and be very patient, I do not think it helps at all that the New greatly superior Mustang is in the showrooms, when the GT350 comes out the values will go down even more. These car will not appreciate for many many years, if at all. I am just happy they seem to have hit close to the bottom at this point.

Good luck with the sale!!!

Carnut12,

2 sold on Ebay last August for 39,900 and with more miles than my car i believe. 40,000 is what i want for the car i don't have to sell it and i am not giving away the car like others did when selling. Shelby GT's go for 30,000 or more thousands and thousands of those cars were built. It doesn't help selling a car when someone is posting the link to every GTH out there that is for sell like Dan said to much competition with the post of the cars for sale

SGTs have not been selling for $30K or more, sorry to burst your bubble. More like in the low $20's. It's sad but true. I think if your price was more mid-thirties you'd see more interest. My .02.

You asked a question, we gave our opinions, for what it is worth I have a Shelby GT/SC that is one of maybe 100 with less miles and I think in todays market it would be around $30K as well. Ebay selling prices aren't always true, too much BS goes on with people bidding on their own cars and stuff.

That said in order to get a price premium you need to find the right buyer and be very patient, I do not think it helps at all that the New greatly superior Mustang is in the showrooms, when the GT350 comes out the values will go down even more. These car will not appreciate for many many years, if at all. I am just happy they seem to have hit close to the bottom at this point.

Good luck with the sale!!!

A

SGTs have not been selling for $30K or more, sorry to burst your bubble. More like in the low $20's. It's sad but true. I think if your price was more mid-thirties you'd see more interest. My .I aak about how mA

A

Hello Dreamcruiser01

Seems like your frustrated with some of the comments. I do not believe anyone was trying to be disrespectful, just sharing opinions. That said, I would encourage you to keep your car listed (link) here on TS in the for sale section. More exposure. Lastly, I would not let my car go for less than 50K with the SAI installed SC and some of the other tasteful (my opinion) mods. However, most likely I could not get that in this market. If you are firm, have patience and don't get offended or frustrated by any of us. You asked the question.

As an FYI, the person tracking the HERTZ cars (HERTZ II) is a had worked for HERTZ GT-H enthusiast who keeps the "for sale" list up to date to the best of his ability so those looking may be able to find a nice car and us owners can use it as a barometer on how cars are selling. It's not being done to add "competition". The fact is there are a lot for sale. Just search the interweb. However, I am sure that will change over time. Remember there are only 500 and I am sure that number is less due to some accidents.

Good luck with your sale!

Hello Dreamcruiser01

Seems like your frustrated with some of the comments. I do not believe anyone was trying to be disrespectful, just sharing opinions. That said, I would encourage you to keep your car listed (link) here on TS in the for sale section. More exposure. Lastly, I would not let my car go for less than 50K with the SAI installed SC and some of the other tasteful (my opinion) mods. However, most likely I could not get that in this market. If you are firm, have patience and don't get offended or frustrated by any of us. You asked the question.

As an FYI, the person tracking the HERTZ cars (HERTZ II) had worked for HERTZ & keeps the "for sale" list up to date to the best of his ability so those looking may be able to find a nice car and us owners can use it as a barometer on how cars are selling. It's not being done to add "competition". The fact is there are a lot for sale. Just search the interweb. However, I am sure that will change over time. Remember there are only 500 and I am sure that number is less due to some accidents.

Good luck with your sal

A

You might also place an ad in sources other than Craigs List. Also try Autotrader.

Also, once your local ad expires, consider placing the ad in another market (CL has checks to keep you from posting the same ad in multiple markets at the same time).

Good luck.

Hello Dreamcruiser01

As an FYI, the person tracking the HERTZ cars (HERTZ II) had worked for HERTZ & keeps the "for sale" list up to date to the best of his ability so those looking may be able to find a nice car and us owners can use it as a barometer on how cars are selling. It's not being done to add "competition". The fact is there are a lot for sale. Just search the interweb. However, I am sure that will change over time. Remember there are only 500 and I am sure that number is less due to some accidents.

Good luck with your sale!

H0050

Thank you for the kind words regarding the "for sale" list. Your explanation of what drives my list is spot on. However, one correction is necessary...I am not now nor have I ever been affiliated with Hertz. I am simply a GTH enthusiast.

H0050

Thank you for the kind words regarding the "for sale" list. Your explanation of what drives my list is spot on. However, one correction is necessary...I am not now nor have I ever been affiliated with Hertz. I am simply a GTH enthusiast.

Thanks for the correction. I corrected post 10. Your efforts do not go unrecognized.

Dude is going to cry and wants to delete his account because people told him what reality is, bye bye

If you're going to put an absurd price on your car you will get NO response just like the recent guy on ebay with the 14 GT350 and wants over $100k that's la la land

If you don't want the honest opinions and truth don't ask

Trolls i didn't ask for nobody's opinion on the price i ask about how my ad was worded and 39Mustang you don't have a clue you didn't see my original post before i deleted it.

Trolls Trolls Trolls

Archived