TEAM SHELBY FORUM

anybody know the ford customer service line

they only told me of an eta of release to dealer ???

You need to specifically ask them if the car is Bucked or Released from plant or Released from foriegn plant. Make them go to the next screen and tell you the status.

1-800-SUX-SASS

1-800-DNT-CARE

1-800-PIS-SOFF

1-800-YBO-THER

1-800-POO-RSVC

Was that out loud? :hysterical2:

Sorry, but that's my impression of Ford Customer Service. They couldn't find my car for 6 weeks or so last summer/fall, and I couldn't find a single person there who was interested or willing to help me. :finger:

I agree, ford customer service is never consistant with their information. Can anyone breif me on how the procedure works? I have heard the car is built, gets released from the plant, goes to another plant, gets bucked? Then awaits shipping? I am confused on the process flow. Any info would be appreciated. I am waiting for a white/blue stripe coupe. Was built 6/8/07 and is released from the plant. Ford says it will be in New Hampshire between 6/22-6/29. yet my dealer says I will see it the begining of August. I am just confused, but I have not given up hope yet on tracking it to the end.

There was a thread along time ago that expalined the whole process. Someone might post a link you you might be able to find it by searching for words like, Bucked, released from plant, ect.

As I recall, getting bucked is early on, when the car is scheduled to start down the line. Released from plant means it has been built but than must go to forigen plant to be striped, when striped it is than released from forigen plant. On to the ramp where it to loaded onto a rail car, than to another ramp ( I cannot remember what the call it) where it is off loaded and put on a truck. These people at customer service know only what the computer tells them. You dealer has another contact that will have better information.

Rob they said it was released from foreign plant. Does that mean it is released from factory to striping? or released to the railhead?

Roger

That means it is now done striped and just needs to be checked and then sent to the ramp for shipping.

1-800-SUX-SASS

1-800-DNT-CARE

1-800-PIS-SOFF

1-800-YBO-THER

1-800-POO-RSVC

Was that out loud? :hysterical2:

Sorry, but that's my impression of Ford Customer Service. They couldn't find my car for 6 weeks or so last summer/fall, and I couldn't find a single person there who was interested or willing to help me. :finger:

They always found my car...it was always on material hold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived