TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gt-H Lower Aluminum Grille

I just installed a Shelby lower aluminum grille to match the upper grille. Did any of the GT-H cars come with the lower grille. I have seen pictures with and with out. On special low production stock cars from my past I didn't like to modify from original, but to me this addition seemed like a good move. It is not a radical change.

I just installed a Shelby lower aluminum grille to match the upper grille. Did any of the GT-H cars come with the lower grille. I have seen pictures with and with out. On special low production stock cars from my past I didn't like to modify from original, but to me this addition seemed like a good move. It is not a radical change.

When I first saw my cars I thought the factory had left a piece off. The lower grille was one of the first mods I did. I doubt the cars as delivered to (and bought from) Hertz had the lower grill insert.

All 2006 Shelby GT-H's that were in the rental fleet did not come with the lower aluminum grill ... I can not speak to the executive or manual cars, it was standard equipment on all the 2007 Shelby GT-H's.

When I first saw my cars I thought the factory had left a piece off. The lower grille was one of the first mods I did. I doubt the cars as delivered to (and bought from) Hertz had the lower grill insert.

I thought the same, the car was perfect in all areas and thought the lower piece must have fallen off, was damaged or not put on at the factory. The cars front end now looks complete with the lower grille, glad I added it. Thanks for helping solve the mystery.

All 2006 Shelby GT-H's that were in the rental fleet did not come with the lower aluminum grill ... I can not speak to the executive or manual cars, it was standard equipment on all the 2007 Shelby GT-H's.

It sure makes a difference in the looks. It makes the car look complete. I wonder how many of the GT-H folks have added the grille.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the same thought it just looked hollow and bizzare but now that I have the SC package with the lower cooler showing big Shelby letters through the opening I can't bring myself to put the lower grill back in.

To each his own. You are gonna love it when a rock or other piece of road debris hits that new Shelby Cooler.

Archived