TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 Shelby American Collection Fundraiser Party - 5-Sep-2015

twobjshelbys

This year's annual gathering is on 5-Sep-2015 from 3-8. If you are in Colorado and have never seen the Shelby American Collection I would encourage you to attend the party and support and visit the museum.

Ticket info (you can buy at the day of the party) and more detail are here:

http://shelbyamericancollection.org/shelby-american-collection-annual-party-and-car-show/

This year the focus is on the 50th anniversary win by the Shelby American team of the 1965 FIA Manufacturer's Cup. There are always a lot of original Shelby American team members, great food and an open bar.

(Even if you aren't there for the party, and you're in the Denver/Boulder area, the museum is still worth visiting!)

(I also go the notice of the annual fundraising raffle, but I'll post it separately).

• 1 month later...

Event is this Saturday. Looking forward to getting the H out for a drive after last week's dyno session.

Great Party as always. In attendance will be Bob Bondurant, Allen Grant, Tom Yeager, and others!

It's the 50th anniversary of the Manufacturer's Cup so there will be lots of old timers there.

Pictures!

0905151417a_zpsod5zazcv.jpg

Following a 66 GT350H on the way in:

0905151349a_zpsekahc5u5.jpg

0905151420_zpsr02dscvj.jpg

0905151638_zps056ndicj.jpg

0905151638a_zpsekzjrdot.jpg

0905151638b_zpsuh8jvbux.jpg

0905151816_zpswufzoojz.jpg

Other than Cobra #1 in the Vegas Museum, this is probably the next most important original, valuable Cobra out there with the most wins, and bringing home may trophies for Carroll as driven by Bob Bondurant.

0905151847_zpsjj7qle6n.jpg

0905151720_zpseccrrozg.jpg

0905151706_zps697rgi32.jpg

Edited by JeffJ

Thanks for the pictures and posts Jeff. Sorry I had to miss this year. I believe we saw those same drivers at the Shelby Bash in March didn't we?

Barry

Tom was not at the bash I don't believe, but Allen and Bob were. Really had a good time with Allen, Bob and his wife. I was able to spend quite a bit of time with them in this smaller venue. They are so nice.

There is also always a silent auction to support the museum. I bought this print this year. It is the poster from the 2011 event which was signed by Carroll (nose of Cobra). I had Bob, Tom, and Allen sign it also after I won the auction for it.

Shelby%20Print%202011_zpsobpwniix.jpg