TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Handed Over Keys & Meet N Greet In Same Weekend

Hey All,

Many have probably already read earlier posts from me about going to Korea this summer and my storage dilema and ultimate solution... Well, this past Saturday was the day I was not looking forward to at all. Left my car with an Air Force buddy for the next two years.

But, before I go there, I did take it to the track (Firebired in Phoenix, AZ) one more time on Friday night, just for grins! BEST deal going for you AZ GT500 owners that want to run your car... made 13 runs for only $17!!! Here's a few pics of the racing action... Ran against all kinds of cars, trucks, etc... Best run (and current personal best) was last one of the night against a 67 Camaro! He had been running 13.20s all night and we finally got paired up. I had my best R/T, 2nd best 60' time and ran my best ET at 13.48 and 105 MPH. AZ heat is killer on ETs and speeds... Plus, I suck as a novice driver! Spent Saturday morning cleaning her up... lots of rubber bits in the wheel well and on lower quarter panel ;o)

Last drive was out the front gate at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson and over to my friends house to leave the car... Ended up driving a total of 5,495.5 miles in 73 days (since Mar 29th pickup)! Almost drove around the block to make it an even 5,000!!!

Hated to leave her there, but gotta go where Uncle Sam says. At least, the car will be well cared for, I'll get her back in 2 years, and the miles will still be below 6,000 total (that's the handshake pic!!!).

So, off I drove to FL. Had made arrangements to stop in Lafayette, Lousiana along the way to meet "Maverick" (aka Casey) for a cold one and to view his 4 week old ALLOY GT500. We chatted about our deals, our drives, and our mods. Remarkably, Casey has a background in aviation, as do a couple other forum members I met in Phoenix back in April! Small world.

My apologies to MSMAP for not having the foresight to arrange a quick stop in Houston on the way through... maybe in '09 when I pick up my car again...

Casey - thanks for giving me a quick GT500 "fix" just two days into my 2-year, self-imposed abstinence!!! Sorry, your car got rained on, especially after just washing it on Saturday! Also, thanks for the hats from your bar, The Duece.

Well, that's pretty much it. Will be living vicariously through each of You here on the Forum, so I'll make a simple request - go out there and drive a mile or two for me, if You would please. Thanks All for sharing the great info, pics, and camraderie!

Take Care,

Keith

P6083297.JPG

P6093310.JPG

P6093312.JPG

P6093313.JPG

P6093316.JPG

P6103323.JPG

P6103325.JPG

P6083297.JPG

P6093310.JPG

P6093312.JPG

P6093313.JPG

P6093316.JPG

P6103323.JPG

P6103325.JPG

Hey All,

Many have probably already read earlier posts from me about going to Korea this summer and my storage dilema and ultimate solution... Well, this past Saturday was the day I was not looking forward to at all. Left my car with an Air Force buddy for the next two years.

But, before I go there, I did take it to the track (Firebired in Phoenix, AZ) one more time on Friday night, just for grins! BEST deal going for you AZ GT500 owners that want to run your car... made 13 runs for only $17!!! Here's a few pics of the racing action... Ran against all kinds of cars, trucks, etc... Best run (and current personal best) was last one of the night against a 67 Camaro! He had been running 13.20s all night and we finally got paired up. I had my best R/T, 2nd best 60' time and ran my best ET at 13.48 and 105 MPH. AZ heat is killer on ETs and speeds... Plus, I suck as a novice driver! Spent Saturday morning cleaning her up... lots of rubber bits in the wheel well and on lower quarter panel ;o)

Last drive was out the front gate at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson and over to my friends house to leave the car... Ended up driving a total of 5,495.5 miles in 73 days (since Mar 29th pickup)! Almost drove around the block to make it an even 5,000!!!

Hated to leave her there, but gotta go where Uncle Sam says. At least, the car will be well cared for, I'll get her back in 2 years, and the miles will still be below 6,000 total (that's the handshake pic!!!).

So, off I drove to FL. Had made arrangements to stop in Lafayette, Lousiana along the way to meet "Maverick" (aka Casey) for a cold one and to view his 4 week old ALLOY GT500. We chatted about our deals, our drives, and our mods. Remarkably, Casey has a background in aviation, as do a couple other forum members I met in Phoenix back in April! Small world.

My apologies to MSMAP for not having the foresight to arrange a quick stop in Houston on the way through... maybe in '09 when I pick up my car again...

Casey - thanks for giving me a quick GT500 "fix" just two days into my 2-year, self-imposed abstinence!!! Sorry, your car got rained on, especially after just washing it on Saturday! Also, thanks for the hats from your bar, The Duece.

Well, that's pretty much it. Will be living vicariously through each of You here on the Forum, so I'll make a simple request - go out there and drive a mile or two for me, if You would please. Thanks All for sharing the great info, pics, and camraderie!

Take Care,

Keith

Great story but sad to have to leave your car. Sounds like it's in good hands

Stay Safe Keith

Thank you for protecting my FREEDOM

Thank you for your service and stay away from anything that sounds like pagogie. One of the variants of it is made with dog. :) (my wife spent some time in Korea). And remember Shagia So Lang Eh Yo, if you run into any beautiful neighbors. Another tip is stay away from the ditches and don't be bashful when somebody stops and pees in one.

Roger

Take care, Keith. Thank you for doing what you are doing :) Which camp you going to? Need any care boxes, just give a shout and I will be happy to send stuff your way. My son spent time at Camp Hovey.

Sherri,

I'll be headed to Yongsan Garrison and Camp Kim. It's in the southeast part of Seoul.

Thanks for the care pkg offer and kind words. All I'll need is to continue reading great posts on the forum and seeing great pics of everyone's cars and the meet-n-greets that get arranged!!!

Drive Safe!

Keith

Archived