TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ss Tune Issues?

Any of you SS owners have tune issues since you got your cars back? I got my car back and first had wandering idle and engine surging. Was sent a second tune and surging went away but now had hanging idle and idling up. Third tune and still having issues. Finally made an appointment in san antonio with maximum velocity to get it Lund tuned. Kinda disappointed with SAI tuning.

Any of you SS owners have tune issues since you got your cars back? I got my car back and first had wandering idle and engine surging. Was sent a second tune and surging went away but now had hanging idle and idling up. Third tune and still having issues. Finally made an appointment in san antonio with maximum velocity to get it Lund tuned. Kinda disappointed with SAI tuning.

. Don't know what super charger you have. I have a Kenne Bell and had all the symptoms you have listed. I was given a second tune by Kenne Bell and half the issues went away. After that I sent my throttle body and hand held tuner to Kenne Bell and the symptoms all went away.

What am I supposed to do if I don't have a handheld and I have tune issues when I get my car back? How does Shelby resolve that? Hoping for it to be as painless as possible so I can hear as little as possible from my wife!

What am I supposed to do if I don't have a handheld and I have tune issues when I get my car back? How does Shelby resolve that? Hoping for it to be as painless as possible so I can hear as little as possible from my wife!

I didn't receive a hand held at first, but when I had tune issues they sent me one with a second tune. At the time I was told my car was suppose to of had one with it. Really don't know what the policy is on that. Bottom line is that Kenne Bell corrected the tune after I sent the hand held in with the throttle body complete with throttle position sensor and idle control sensor.

I received a handheld for both sct and kenne bell. The initial problem was that I had tunes from both loaded in my 2013 SS at the same time. SAI had me remove the kb tune and reload another tune they had sent me. It solved some problems but others problems persisted. Which brings me to my original post. Maybe I should contact KB and ask them their opinion.

Edited by hourigan218

There are threads on other sites, ( SVTP ), with the same issues.

Owners often resort to going to another tuner after SA fails to get the tune corrected after several tries.

That's what happens when you fire one of the best tuners around (Gil Naverez).

And the guy that Carroll Shelby put there to do the tunes.

Phill

I received a handheld for both sct and kenne bell. The initial problem was that I had tunes from both loaded in my 2013 SS at the same time. SAI had me remove the kb tune and reload another tune they had sent me. It solved some problems but others problems persisted. Which brings me to my original post. Maybe I should contact KB and ask them their opinion.[/quote. Email Ken Christley at Kenne Bell.

That's what happens when you fire one of the best tuners around (Gil Naverez).

And the guy that Carroll Shelby put there to do the tunes.

Phill

When did they fire him? I'm still showing him as a "director" at Shelby on his LinkedIn.

When did they fire him? I'm still showing him as a "director" at Shelby on his LinkedIn.

The next business day (Monday) after Gary Davis retired.

Phill

830rwhp & 691tq. 14.72 boost.

830 at the WHEELS with 14.72 psi???

You sure that's at the wheels and not the crank?

That's a awful lot of horsepower for that amount of boost.

Phill

I've heard the same thing about Gil. But Gil is still around at Shelby. I don't know what he does now but the last few times I've been there I've seen him walking around. Very nice guy and Shelby really messed up letting their great tuner go. Who does the tuning now? I've also heard Randal hasn't been doing tuning for a little bit and that possibly Shelby had an a big issue with their dyno? Hopefully everything is good there now.

Just starting to have the hang up on returning to idle. It seem to hold around 2000 and slowly drop off.Just got it back a month ago with the HoleShot pkg.

It may not be a tune issue. I would check the voltage at the throttle positioning sensor (TPS). It is very precise and if it is off at all it will cause the idle to hang just as you described. There are threads on how to check it and correct it.

I've heard the same thing about Gil. But Gil is still around at Shelby. I don't know what he does now but the last few times I've been there I've seen him walking around.

You might be confusing him with someone else. I'm not going to say a whole lot more about him & his departure here but I kind of doubt GIL is seen walking around Shelby.

Unless he's picking up his tools/dyno.

Phill

Seriously?

Yep.

Along with Terri (the lady who ran the gift shop) and Craig (the guy who was the LEAD of Super Snake production).

All 3 in 1 fell swoop. All right after Gary left.

Now, the only one I can think of that Carroll Shelby personally put in place right before his death is Gary Paterson.

Phill

You might be confusing him with someone else. I'm not going to say a whole lot more about him & his departure here but I kind of doubt GIL is seen walking around Shelby.

Unless he's picking up his tools/dyno.

Phill

No I know who Gil is. Ive seen him past couple times in past couple months. I talked to him for like a minute once a couple months back at the new shop but that was about it. Could have been that scenario im not not sure. But i dont know the whole story of if hes still with Shelby or not so dont take my word for it.

No I know who Gil is. Ive seen him past couple times in past couple months. I talked to him for like a minute once a couple months back at the new shop but that was about it. Could have been that scenario im not not sure. But i dont know the whole story of if hes still with Shelby or not so dont take my word for it.

Oh, okay. That was probably right before he got fired. If Gary D. was still there, Gil was still (technically) employed there, but off for a medical issue.

Phill

Edited by 2010KonaBlueGT

Yep.

Along with Terri (the lady who ran the gift shop) and Craig (the guy who was the LEAD of Super Snake production).

All 3 in 1 fell swoop. All right after Gary left.

Now, the only one I can think of that Carroll Shelby personally put in place right before his death is Gary Paterson.

Phill

When did Gary retire? Probably pissed him off to see that happen like that.

That's the dyno sheet specs. The car has the complete Hole Shot pkg.

Adam who tuned it at SA with the 10% overdrive 3.6 KB downed the boost for "driveability".

What are your dyno numbers? And are you having the same issues with drivability?

Edited by hourigan218