TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ebay Horn Button?

Has anyone bought one of this SGT 'S' Snake horn buttons from this seller on eBay? It appears he's sold 14 of them, someone on TS must have been one of them.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301620545881?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If you have I'd be interested in your input on this item. I really do care for his installation method in the product description, is one reason.

Thanks in advance......

I bought one, don't waste your money Carl! It's basically a bubble sticker. I never put it on, it's still sitting in my pile of decals collecting dust with the rest of them. It's not solid at all so doing his install method was never even a thought. If I were to install it, I'd look to find the Saleen horn kit , I think it comes with something solid and clear to put the decal in and then install in place of existing badge after removal.

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks buddy for the warning and saving me $20 and being pissed off when it arrived... lol

I almost pulled the trigger this morning, I though best after I read the installation instructions that's why I posted here.

Actually, Saleen makes a button overlay just like the "Berg S-Snake" faux gas cap emblem. Several SGT owners made their own using a combination of the Saleen overlay and an S-Snake wheel decal. There's a thread on here somewhere.....

I though this guy made a similar item for the horn, oh well... I'm actually surprised he hasn't had his hand slapped by Shelby Licensing.

Actually, Saleen makes a button overlay just like the "Berg S-Snake" faux gas cap emblem. Several SGT owners made their own using a combination of the Saleen overlay and an S-Snake wheel decal. There's a thread on here somewhere.....

Yeah that's what my plan was. I think I gave up because I couldn't find the Saleen button overlay to put the Shelby decal in.

oh well.

Yeah that's what my plan was. I think I gave up because I couldn't find the Saleen button overlay to put the Shelby decal in.

oh well.

Jeff,

They sell them on eBay;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Horn-Badge-Kit-fits-2005-2009-/171756580869?hash=item27fd7d7005&vxp=mtr

The only problem, you'd need to apply the 'S-Snake' bubble sticker to the outside of the Saleen overly (assuming they were about the same diameter). You'd nearly have $45 into a horn badge..... :drop:

Not sure if this is the same guy a bunch of us bought our berg snake horn button from a year or two ago, but I can say that I am 100 percent satisfied with that purchase. Installation was scary but easy if that makes any sense. I now love the look of my steering wheel and I'm sure non-shelby GT owners think it's stock. Good luck with either dicision you make.

Not sure if this is the same guy a bunch of us bought our berg snake horn button from a year or two ago, but I can say that I am 100 percent satisfied with that purchase. Installation was scary but easy if that makes any sense. I now love the look of my steering wheel and I'm sure non-shelby GT owners think it's stock. Good luck with either dicision you make.

Me, too. I bought one and it looks great. 100% satisfied. It looks factory installed, just like what they did on the Bullett models.

Me, too. I bought one and it looks great. 100% satisfied. It looks factory installed, just like what they did on the Bullett models.

How about some pictures? :camera:

So both of you actually pried off the tribar logo as described in the eBay ad??

I could be wrong but I don't think the one they got is the same one as your link. Your Link is the one I bought, and like I said it's a bubble sticker. I'll dig it out and snap some pics for you Carl, but I wouldn't install it the way the seller describes unless I had something solid to put it into, which is why I wanted the little clear plastic case that the Saleen one came in with the kit.

I'd like to see some pics of theirs also, hopefully they post'm up

Just received mine it is not what i expected i thought it would be more like the trunk button. This is just a heaver weight sticker,i'm not sure i would feel safe with this on the car. It's a nice sticker maybe i can use it some place else.

Archived