TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Gt500Kr For Sale

Really? It wouldn't still be for sale if were that great of deal now would it.

Here is one with just a few more miles that couldn't bring 39.5K. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT-500-/171785859812?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27ff3c32e4&item=171785859812

This listing is worthless....why?

Because the listing has ended, no sale...plus a BS ad...see below.

I don't know why people believe that eBay is any kind of a measuring stick for these, or any car for that matter.

And if by chance, one does sell cheap, that doesn't mean that is where the market is set.

The text in the ad is BS anyway...based on this, I ordered this Shelby in August 2005, laminated build sheet included; took delivery in Sept 2007

The KR's, let alone base GT500's weren't even announced in Aug 2005. I'm sure this listing was/is a scam (seller also has zero feedback btw).

Anbody want to challenge those dates? I was invited and attended the Ford Press West Coast Media tour in April 2006 (the prototype cars that we drove that weekend, were still only 475hp) for the soon to be released 2007 GT500. I was also in attendance at Carroll's 85th Birthday Bash when Mark Fields of Ford presented Carroll with one of the first 2008 GT500KR's (Jan 2008).

If you're going to post, post something that can be subtantiated, not an "air car"

Edited by Cali_KR

This listing is worthless....why?

Because the listing has ended, no sale...plus a BS ad...see below.

I don't know why people believe that eBay is any kind of a measuring stick for these, or any car for that matter.

And if by chance, one does sell cheap, that doesn't mean that is where the market is set.

The text in the ad is BS anyway...based on this, I ordered this Shelby in August 2005, laminated build sheet included; took delivery in Sept 2007

The KR's, let alone base GT500's weren't even announced in Aug 2005. I'm sure this listing was/is a scam (seller also has zero feedback btw).

Anbody want to challenge those dates? I was invited and attended the Ford Press West Coast Media tour in April 2006 (the prototype cars that we drove that weekend, were still only 475hp) for the soon to be released 2007 GT500. I was also in attendance at Carroll's 85th Birthday Bash when Mark Fields of Ford presented Carroll with one of the first 2008 GT500KR's (Jan 2008).

If you're going to post, post something that can be subtantiated, not an "air car"

Dude, he's trolling. Just looking for a fight and nothing else. Don't get worked up About it. THE CAR CLEARLY ISN'T A KR, so just chill and don't give this Dbag any satisfaction. He's probably jerking to your post right now! Lol

Unfortunately you seem to have the need to personally attack someone here who clearly approaches these values from a realistic stance. That's OK if it makes you feel better. Really no offense taken. These cars are most certainly not worth anywhere near what some of you guys think they are. Sorry but you did not make an investment or anything remotely close.

Lol, I paid $40.2k for mine! Only 8k on the OD.

Hey kxbyrns0mj72h53 I have decided to sell one of my KRs and am willing to give you a killer deal. Now in the price range your looking for its going to be a KR that needs a little work, and admittedly this one is going to take a little elbow grease.

The good:

Only asking $20.000 (half of what I paid)

Less than one mile on it

100% original

still smells like new

The bad:

Headliner keeps falling down

passenger side mirror is missing

busted drive shafts... wheels sometimes fall off

This was my three year old's car and he has moved on to a big wheel so we have reluctantly decided to let this one go.

PM me and maybe we can set something up. You seem like a outstanding gentleman so I would entertain the idea of accepting payments if the asking price is still to high.

IMG_0637_zpsvil2bsig.jpg

IMG_0638_zpsrmukzfx3.jpg

IMG_0639_zpsmlugq6ft.jpg

I know how much you love the sticker package on my other KR so I am willing to throw in a brand new set for only $5.000 extra.

IMG_0640_zpsowdh7hon.jpg

:cool:

Edited by sheppd01

Hey guys, sure am sorry I ever placed my ad on this site. Got called a liar from by one guy, and told I have no class by another. I thank everyone who had a positive remark concerning my post, but I am out of here, and won't be returning to this site. I have better things to do with my time that do not include being insulted.

Isn't that the truth! Wow, the guy uses the "F" word and calls other members "A"-holes. Even more reason to doubt his tall tale of being offered 50 large for his KR from a dealer.

Lets call a spade a spade here. The guy obviously scored this low mile KR for the right money in his mind and is now attempting to flip it with no takers. He is bitter and just lashing out at anyone who can see his scheme. Oh well, no biggie, not many of us would want a KR that has been sitting for 8 years.

BTW dude, you couldn't be further from the truth. I'm not bitter toward anyone but you, and you seem to be pretty darned bitter yourself there guy. Anyway, let's get one final thing straight...the language I used, which I have apologized for was directed at you, and no one else on this site. Like I said earlier, not real keen on being called a liar. Where I come from those are fighting words.

But you go ahead and flap your gums some more. I'm sure you will. But I will never see it. :)

Steve

Hey guys, sure am sorry I ever placed my ad on this site. Got called a liar from by one guy, and told I have no class by another. I thank everyone who had a positive remark concerning my post, but I am out of here, and won't be returning to this site. I have better things to do with my time that do not include being insulted.

BTW dude, you couldn't be further from the truth. I'm not bitter toward anyone but you, and you seem to be pretty darned bitter yourself there guy. Anyway, let's get one final thing straight...the language I used, which I have apologized for was directed at you, and no one else on this site. Like I said earlier, not real keen on being called a liar. Where I come from those are fighting words.

But you go ahead and flap your gums some more. I'm sure you will. But I will never see it. :)

Steve

This sucks.......

Another seemingly good guy is outta here. This is the trend of late unfortunately.

I just celebrated my 9th anniversary here on TS last month. I remember when SAI purchased Stangs Unlimited (the original TS) from Robert......things were waaaaaay more fun and informative. Not sure why things have fizzled. Nonetheless, it's sad. :cry:

Steve

Steve, don't leave because of one P.O.S. That's exactly what he wants and what he gets off on!

Steve,

Don't let the troll get to you. He is on his fourth user name. He has been speedyman, sideoiler, applejack, each of which got banned. Now he goes by kxby.... I suspect the latest is the account his daddy set up in 08 when he maybe actually had a Shelby.

He has been banned on the fordgt500 forum because of tighter control by the admin who said all the various user names originated from the same email address. For some reason, I guess a psychiatrist might be able to explain, he has decided to make a hobby out of antagonizing KR owners. If and when this thread dies it won't be long before he revives it with some idiotic post just to rip the scab off and get something going again. He is really to be pitied. I wish the admin on here would do something again but he'll just be back as something else.

I knew it was speedy as soon as I saw him worrying about a clutch replacement (how much? $500? $1000?) on a $50K car? So what if these cars have had TSB's related to the clutch?? Even if it is out of warranty and it costs $2K at the dealership, big deal?? and if an owner has the aptitude to do it themselves that is even cheaper/better. The GT500KR is a Very Unique piece of Ford history, and "if" you do need to have the clutch dealt with (which many 2007-2009's have never experienced clutch issues), so be it, replace it and move on. If the clutch is the only thing that is a possible known issue on these cars, a person is wayyyyy ahead right from the beginning when buying a 500+ hp muscle car. The clutch issue is not even a discussion in my opinion...............and would not even be brought into the discussion by a person with any in-depth car knowledge.

One other thought on the oem 2007-2009 GT500 clutch....................

Question........

What is going to be easier on the clutch in normal driving?

Answer choices.........

1-Starting a 3800lb+ car off the line with a 3.31 gear?

2-Starting a 3800lb+ car off the line with a 3.73 gear?

R

Edited by Robert M

Steve, don't leave because of one P.O.S. That's exactly what he wants and what he gets off on!

exactly. nothing wrong with this forum, just a few "bad apples"(like every other forum). your KR is an awesome car, and well-worth your asking price, and even if it wasn't, other so-called "members" are supposed to keep their "negativity" out of your thread. Personally, I love musclecars that have sat around with lo, lo miles, and "possible future clutch issues" would never keep a real car guy from buying his dream car/Shelby KR.....

Thank You. That has been my point and you have now made it for me. You got your car for 40 grand because it was worth 40 and not 60 or 70 like some of the guys here have been lead to believe by other members who feel they can effect selling prices and market values with their misconceptions on an internet enthusiasts forum. I can't see how a realistic pricing perspective could make someone a troll unless there are those who would have others believe a falsehood.

After factoring in my 20's and rubber that was included, technically I got the car for $34.2k! Now all KR's should sell for that right? Lol

Sideoiler/Kxb

One question. You've been asked it many times. You Never answer. You bring up valid points....I guess. But why bother? You don't own a KR. And have some erotic fascination with coming here in what appears to be envy at least to me. The KR is just a car. That ppl here love. But you insist on coming here to rain on the parade.

One question.....why are you here?

You should have other things to do in life besides come here and wedge yourself into a community that you on the surface despise but I think underneath envy. You surely can be more productive in life rather than waste your time here. Zero upside to it.

Why are you here?

Why are you here?

Because he is a troll. In the mythological sense. Trolls stay under the bridge and come out and demand to be fed. If noone feeds the troll, it moves on to someplace else.

Stop feeding the troll and he will go away on his own. So many other trolls have come and gone from here.

I admire your wheels and tires, very nice, the black on black is outstanding.

I'm not certain that all KRs should sell in that range or not. The obvious logic at that point is: If this one did then why shouldn't others?

There are some fist pounders here who will not be told that these cars are not worth 60 or 70 grand. Why did yours then sell for what you state is essentially a $34,200 price. Kinda hard to believe that when one KR sells for 34.2K another nearly identical vehicle is worth 60 or 70K. That is just simple logic or am I just out of my mind and not on the cheerleading squad?

Thanks! My situation was a perfect storm scenario where it was under a reserve, but the reserve was removed at the last minute and I was the only one who knew.

Now, for your question, let's think about factors that affect a car sale:

1. Reputation of the seller/dealership

2. Visibility of the selling Avenue

3. Demand for Vehicle

4. Supply of the vehicle

5. Comparables

While I do think comparables do factor into price, I don't think that it sets it in stone. I used to sell New vehicles and I sold one for $1k over MSRP, and another for $12k under. This was at the same dealership!

Ultimately, I think the collectability of the car is why the prices are higher at the collector car auctions, plus the Ebay auctions are less than gauranteed.

Edited by PonyRazor

Your 5 points are spot on and would indicate some professional experience with these issues. I also have done a stint many years ago selling used at new car GM dealership while in school. It was a great education in life for sure. That was back in the day when used commission was 30% and in some instances 40% of the net on a used sale. Those were good times for sales guys and wildly different than todays environment. I distinctly remember selling a clean, low mile, 1970 Mach1, 4 speed, 351C, for $900 during one of those gas crunch eras. 60s Mustangs went for less.

How can that be.......

Someone here said you were only 16 yrs old? :headscratch:

Really? Not sure why anyone would say that. Sad testimony to what some people know or think they know.

Well, I guess if you really AREN'T sideoiler, and kxb and whatever the other soup of the day is......then maybe it wasn't aimed at you? :shrug: