TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kr Losing Power

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think when I think of my dream car KR, your exact car comes to mind. I also love those gauges, perfect for the car.

Thanks

Its always a work in progress and always looking for ways to improve on what was an awesome car to begin with. ?

I went with an oil temp gauge instead of the oil pressure. I wasn't sure if the oil manifold that shelby sells would work for oil temp but I bought it anyways, and it doesn't work with the current set up. However once I find an oil cooler that I like I should be able to run the oil lines through the Shelby oil manifold.

Until then I had to come up with a work around. The oil sending unit uses pipe threads while the oil pan has a metric thread (M14 1.50). I looked everywhere for fitting that would work but couldn't find anything.

So I purchased a new oil plug drilled out the center and threaded the inside with the appropriate pipe thread.

Anyone one know what the safe high and low oil temps should be. I can set alarms on my gauges and I am not sure what I should set it to.

image_zps3dcu8o7f.jpeg

image_zpsejmfwhqn.jpeg

image_zpsdn826pxj.jpeg

image_zpsxveejtnm.jpeg

Edited by sheppd01

• 2 weeks later...

I took the KR to the track for the first time since the new engine. I haven't talked to the tuner yet but above 4,000 rpm it seems to what I can only describe as blowing out the spark plugs. From 2,000 to 3,000 it has some power and from 3,000 to 4,000 it has crazy power but above 4,000 it doesn't seem to have any increase in power. It will also just shut down for a second and then come back, again what I can only guess as possibly blowing out the plugs. I have never experienced this problem before so it's just a guess. Looking at the dyno sheet I am missing a lot of potential power not being able to push it above 4,000 rpm.

So for those of you not on Facebook this is the track day with out going over 4,000 rpm and missing a few gear changes. ?

Edited by sheppd01

I ran into a similar issue this year at the drag strip, when my car got into higher rpms especially in 3rd and 4th the motor would rev but not continue pulling hard.

Heat soak was not a issue, but my mph was all over the place, varying by as much as 6 mph which is a lot.

It wasn't obvious at first, but after several passes there was no mistaking the high pitched belt squeal in the top of 3rd and 4th gear.

In my case it is time for a new belt and a better tensioner, the oem tensioner is not doing the job.

Not sure what you have on yours.